bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer Request  (Read 2256 times)

Anjel Uriel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Prayer Request
« on: June 22, 2022, 07:23:46 PM »

I haven’t been doing that well spiritually for the last days. Please if it’s not too much trouble, pray that God strengthens, comforts and gives me wisdom in this time where I have felt really weak, alone and foolish. I feel like I have been in the wilderness lately and need rest in Christ and in our Father.
The LORD answered, "Could a mother forget a child who nurses at her breast? Could she fail to love an infant who came from her own body? Even if a mother could forget, I will never forget you. Isaiah 49:15

ralph

Re: Prayer Request
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 08:58:18 PM »

I haven’t been doing that well spiritually for the last days. Please if it’s not too much trouble, pray that God strengthens, comforts and gives me wisdom in this time where I have felt really weak, alone and foolish. I feel like I have been in the wilderness lately and need rest in Christ and in our Father.

Will do Anjel.  You aren't alone in your struggles bro.  I was just talking about something similar in another post while discussing Numbers:

Num 14:1
So all the congregation lifted up their voices and cried, and the people wept that night.

Num 14:2
And all the children of Israel complained against Moses and Aaron, and the whole congregation said to them, “If only we had died in the land of Egypt! Or if only we had died in this wilderness!

Num 14:3
“Why has the LORD brought us to this land to fall by the sword, that our wives and children should become victims? Would it not be better for us to return to Egypt?”

There is a lot of spiritual food in that chapter if you have eyes to see.  Read when you can.  You are in the Wilderness Anjel. It's an arduous journey, but a necessary one to make it into the promised land like Caleb and Joshua:

Num 14:30
‘Except for Caleb the son of Jephunneh and Joshua the son of Nun, you shall by no means enter the land which I swore I would make you dwell in.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 10:14:02 PM »

Please if it’s not too much trouble, pray that God strengthens, comforts and gives me wisdom in this time where I have felt really weak, alone and foolish.

Never too much trouble to pray for you Anjel.  We all need prayer and it takes humility to ask for it.  Keeping you in my prayers.

Wendy

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2022, 11:26:15 PM »

Anjel..
 I pray God give you the strength and wisdom to feel better spiritually.Rene is right we all need prayer..
God bless
Wendy

Anjel Uriel

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 12:15:18 AM »

Will do Anjel.  You aren't alone in your struggles bro.  I was just talking about something similar in another post while discussing Numbers:

Num 14:1
So all the congregation lifted up their voices and cried, and the people wept that night.

Num 14:2
And all the children of Israel complained against Moses and Aaron, and the whole congregation said to them, “If only we had died in the land of Egypt! Or if only we had died in this wilderness!

Num 14:3
“Why has the LORD brought us to this land to fall by the sword, that our wives and children should become victims? Would it not be better for us to return to Egypt?”

There is a lot of spiritual food in that chapter if you have eyes to see.  Read when you can.  You are in the Wilderness Anjel. It's an arduous journey, but a necessary one to make it into the promised land like Caleb and Joshua:

Num 14:30
‘Except for Caleb the son of Jephunneh and Joshua the son of Nun, you shall by no means enter the land which I swore I would make you dwell in.

Thanks Ralph, I’ll read that chapter later on. I’m guilty of grumbling against The Lord like the Israelites. There’s been times where I have thought “If I stayed in Babylon maybe life would be easier”. Thankfully, The Lord has always made me repent the second the thought enters my mind. I look back to The Spiritual Egypt I was in and the slavery I was subject to and I don’t wanna go back. Before, I was scared that I was gonna burn in hell and worried sick about my unbelieving family. Now, The Truth has set me free like Jesus said and I’m not scared of dying anymore. Sometimes I wish I could overcome every sin right now and go to sleep but then it wouldn’t really be overcoming the world if God took me out of it without going through tribulations.

I like what you said about going through The Wilderness being necessary to arrive at The Promised Land. I see the journey Moses took the Israelites through as a shadow or parable of the spiritual journey Jesus takes us through as Spiritual Israel to reach Heavenly Jerusalem. I sometimes wonder if God made certain parables as things for The Elect to understand His Plan. Like for example, when you wanna make a diamond, you take a piece of coal and put it through immense pressure, around 725,000 pounds per square inch. Some shatter and are destroyed yet the ones that endure to the end are turned into a beautiful, shinning precious stone. I believe God made things like that to signify His treatment of The Chosen. He puts them through unimaginable pressure to the point it might seem to others like He’s cursing them. Yet, when the process is finished it’s revealed that the pressure was an act of love to conform them into The Image of His Son and in turn Glorify them.
The LORD answered, "Could a mother forget a child who nurses at her breast? Could she fail to love an infant who came from her own body? Even if a mother could forget, I will never forget you. Isaiah 49:15

Anjel Uriel

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 12:19:16 AM »

Please if it’s not too much trouble, pray that God strengthens, comforts and gives me wisdom in this time where I have felt really weak, alone and foolish.

Never too much trouble to pray for you Anjel.  We all need prayer and it takes humility to ask for it.  Keeping you in my prayers.

Thanks Rene, your right when you say that we all need prayer. I usually feel strange asking for help so I thought about deleting the post because I felt I would be bothering others but your words helped me not go through with it.

Anjel Uriel

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2022, 12:23:29 AM »

Anjel..
 I pray God give you the strength and wisdom to feel better spiritually.Rene is right we all need prayer..
God bless
Wendy

Thanks Wendy, I feel appreciative that you would take out of your personal time to pray for me. Especially because a couple of days ago I remember you yourself needed prayer so thanks for also thinking of me.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2022, 01:10:14 AM »

I am praying for you Anjel. God is changing you into a diamond.

You have a gift of beautifully expressing Gods word . I am a little more rough around the edges.
Hang in there , and to quote Ray.
God ain’t raising no pansies.😀
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2022, 05:03:33 AM »

After the car accident I was in when another car crossed the center line and hit us head on, I attacked God many times and had little interest in Him or His ways as my wife died and I almost did. I am still dealing with the physical injuries today and of course the emotional issues of missing my beautiful wife. It felt to me as if God had completely disappeared but then slowly I had more desire for His truth.  I am still here so God must still be working. When I look back I can see God’s hand at work. I don’t agree with everything as who wants pain and I really wish I had my wife back. I have not had even one happy day in two and a half years and still feel very confused about everything but God keeps on drawing me even though I said many times it looks like you don’t have a clue in what your doing.  We’re all on the stoney path that leads to life.

1 Peter 5:10 ESV

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.
🤫

ralph

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2022, 08:21:57 AM »

After the car accident I was in when another car crossed the center line and hit us head on, I attacked God many times and had little interest in Him or His ways as my wife died and I almost did. I am still dealing with the physical injuries today and of course the emotional issues of missing my beautiful wife. It felt to me as if God had completely disappeared but then slowly I had more desire for His truth.  I am still here so God must still be working. When I look back I can see God’s hand at work. I don’t agree with everything as who wants pain and I really wish I had my wife back. I have not had even one happy day in two and a half years and still feel very confused about everything but God keeps on drawing me even though I said many times it looks like you don’t have a clue in what your doing.  We’re all on the stoney path that leads to life.

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

I don't believe we have met.  My name is Ralph.  I am so sorry for your loss.  What a terrible thing to endure bro. This breaks my heart.  It truly does and I will grieve with you.

1 Corinthians 12:25-26
25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

Anjel Uriel

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2022, 02:31:27 PM »

I am praying for you Anjel. God is changing you into a diamond.

You have a gift of beautifully expressing Gods word . I am a little more rough around the edges.
Hang in there , and to quote Ray.
God ain’t raising no pansies.😀

Thanks Pamela, I pray that all of us here are becoming diamonds but the fact that everyone here has a going through or has suffered tribulations is proof that God is with us and working in and through us. Also, I actually think that being rough around the edges can be beneficial ;) Would the Pharisees not be able to trap Jesus or the disciples taken Him seriously as a Rabbi if He was as soft as the world portraits Him? I don’t think so, there’s a time to be gentle and a time to be rough.

I agree with Ray and Jesus also agreed with Him when testifying about John (After John’s disciples left, Jesus began talking about him to the crowds. “What kind of man did you go into the wilderness to see? Was he a weak reed, swayed by every breath of wind? Or were you expecting to see a man dressed in expensive clothes? No, people who wear beautiful clothes and live in luxury are found in palaces. Were you looking for a prophet? Yes, and he is more than a prophet.) Luke 7:24-26.

Anjel Uriel

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2022, 02:33:33 PM »

Hi Rhys, I’m terribly sorry for your loss. Like I’ve said in other posts, if you need to talk to someone even if it’s just to vent then I’m here and I’m certain the other members feel the same way. I pray that God will heal you and give you peace as well as joyful days. Like The Scriptures Ralph quoted in his post, if one member of the body grieves, the rest of the body grieves with it. I’ll keep you in my prayers and may our God our Father and The Lord Jesus Christ comfort you in their peace which surpasses all knowledge.

Anjel Uriel

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2022, 02:52:05 PM »

Thanks for all the prayers family. I feel much better now and even more excited and zealous about God’s Word than before. Last night before going to bed I prayed to Jesus Christ that He would manifest Himself to me like He promised He would to all who loved Him and sure enough I finished my prayer, open The Bible App and the verse for the day was Matthew 7:8 (“For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.”)

Immediately I got so happy because I asked that He would talk to me through His Word and that when I open the app that I would see something that let me know He answered my prayer and He did. I then got happy and said “Lord you said to just to ask and you will receive so talk to me again”. So I opened another app I have called Bible Gateway and the verse of the day literally addressed what I wrote on this topic about feeling alone, weak, tired and weary on the wilderness. (Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.) - Isaiah 40:31

It may sound embarrassing but I literally started smiling ear to ear and jumping up and down because God showed Himself to me and gave me what I requested and answered all your prayers for me. I felt like a little kid being given a present by His Father. Only God knows the joy I felt and I have felt that joy and peace for the rest of last night and during this whole day. So thank you all and I pray that and know that God will come to all your rescues as He did for me. Because if I, being the youngest, weakest and most foolish of the brethren and He didn’t delay in coming to my rescue then how much more will He manifest to you all who have been on this walk with Him longer than I am. To the point some of you probably been with Him more time than I’ve been alive.

I’m really happy and again I say to you all thank you for everything. Your brother in Christ, Anjel.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 02:55:25 PM by Anjel Uriel »

ralph

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2022, 05:30:48 PM »

Thanks for all the prayers family. I feel much better now and even more excited and zealous about God’s Word than before. Last night before going to bed I prayed to Jesus Christ that He would manifest Himself to me like He promised He would to all who loved Him and sure enough I finished my prayer, open The Bible App and the verse for the day was Matthew 7:8 (“For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.”)

Immediately I got so happy because I asked that He would talk to me through His Word and that when I open the app that I would see something that let me know He answered my prayer and He did. I then got happy and said “Lord you said to just to ask and you will receive so talk to me again”. So I opened another app I have called Bible Gateway and the verse of the day literally addressed what I wrote on this topic about feeling alone, weak, tired and weary on the wilderness. (Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.) - Isaiah 40:31

It may sound embarrassing but I literally started smiling ear to ear and jumping up and down because God showed Himself to me and gave me what I requested and answered all your prayers for me. I felt like a little kid being given a present by His Father. Only God knows the joy I felt and I have felt that joy and peace for the rest of last night and during this whole day. So thank you all and I pray that and know that God will come to all your rescues as He did for me. Because if I, being the youngest, weakest and most foolish of the brethren and He didn’t delay in coming to my rescue then how much more will He manifest to you all who have been on this walk with Him longer than I am. To the point some of you probably been with Him more time than I’ve been alive.

I’m really happy and again I say to you all thank you for everything. Your brother in Christ, Anjel.

Awesome bro!  So happy to hear this!  Praise God. Believe me Anjel.  I am 50 years old this year and I have more periods of weakness and foolishness than I care to admit.  When I told you that you aren't alone, I meant in your foolishness and weakness too.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2022, 07:05:27 PM »

2 Cor. 12: 10.’’’ For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults,
hardships, persecutions. and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Zec.4:6.’’ Then He said to me, “ this is the word of the Lord to Zerubbable, not by might.
, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord of hosts.

2Cor. 12:9, My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness.

So happy for you Anjel 💕
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

indianabob

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2022, 08:21:32 PM »

What is even more amazing to me, an old man, is how much you are learning at your age.
I have been struggling with learning the truth since 1969 and progress is very slow.
Keep up the effort and let God guide all of your thoughts. He never fails.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.