bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE DOME  (Read 3002 times)

jeetkunejimi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE DOME
« on: June 23, 2022, 05:46:15 AM »

Hi all,
         what are we to make of all this "Flat Earth" resurgence? Having looked at it for sometime there does seem to be very compelling evidence that the earth at least if not flat it's not an 'oblate spheroid' either. Have, and are we being lied to, and if so this opens up a massive can of worms. Many think that a flat earth at the centre of the universe proves God's existence. Any thoughts on this matter much appreciated. God bless ;D
Join me now in my new massive money making business venture, selling asbestos blankets only on Sundays at the exits of Orthodox churches. It's really gonna take off.

AwesomeSavior

Re: THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE DOME
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 07:38:08 AM »

Isaiah 66:1

"Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?"

So many lies, with Never A Straight Answer...

ralph

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 08:49:27 AM »

Hi all,
         what are we to make of all this "Flat Earth" resurgence? Having looked at it for sometime there does seem to be very compelling evidence that the earth at least if not flat it's not an 'oblate spheroid' either. Have, and are we being lied to, and if so this opens up a massive can of worms. Many think that a flat earth at the centre of the universe proves God's existence. Any thoughts on this matter much appreciated. God bless ;D

Oh no.  Not this. Not here.  I see this all over youtube and social media.  With all due respect, I believe the flat earth model is ridiculous and Ray agreed.

Here is an excerpt from one of his emails:

4. The Bible writers had a view of the universe where the earth was almost the entire universe; other than it, there were some pinpoints of light -- what we know know to be massive stars, trillions upon trillions of miles away -- stuck in a solid firmament above the earth, and a large light (sun) and a small light (moon). Other than that, there was just water: water below the earth and water above the solid firmament, held up by the firmament. This firmament was a solid, hemispherical dome that arches over the flat earth's surface, and it had windows in it that could be opened to let the waters it help up fall to the earth as rain ... or a flood. The earth was a disc: flat and circular. It rested upon pillars and could not be moved.

RAY'S COMMENT:  Well that's just utter nonsense.  The Bible says no such thing.  The Bible writers knew that the earth was an sphere, and that the stars and heavens were massive.

Anjel Uriel

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 03:07:59 PM »

I’ve seen videos talking about flat earth on YouTube but like I told my dad when discussing it with him “even if NASA or the world admitted that it was flat, I would be shocked but it wouldn’t really affect me”. I mean that I don’t see why they would lie about the Earth’s shape and even if they did I don’t really care that much as long as it doesn’t have an impact on The Faith and my salvation. However, I do personally indulge in conspiracy theory YouTube but that’s for entertainment and I don’t believe them except for a select few like that Big Pharma has cures for certain diseases but doesn’t release them due to making a bigger profit by treatments, the legalization of pedophilia and a New World Order under China as well as making a One World government but those are because I see evidence for it although they could be crazy fringe theories and if I discover they are I will be the first to admit they are. But, they don’t really affect my salvation so I don’t pay them much mind. No matter what happens we know God will protects us from The World even if He doesn’t take us out of it.
The LORD answered, "Could a mother forget a child who nurses at her breast? Could she fail to love an infant who came from her own body? Even if a mother could forget, I will never forget you. Isaiah 49:15

indianabob

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 08:07:50 PM »

Hi Anjel,
Here is a short explanation of what the ancients knew about a spherical earth.

https://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/2011/09/21/who-discovered-the-earth-is-ro

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 09:34:13 PM »

Isa 40:22  It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in: 

Extol

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2022, 02:44:50 PM »

Isa 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Not that I'm arguing for a flat earth, but this verse doesn't prove the earth is a sphere. Flat earthers believe the earth is a circle too; just a disc, rather than a globe.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2022, 01:31:57 AM »

Many years ago I made a joke on the forum about having been up in one of those new-fangled aeroplanes and seeing for myself that the earth was round, but round like a pizza.  It didn't dawn on me at the time new as I was, that there might be those who could understand and accept that the Lake of Fire was niether a lake nor fire but were so committed to biblical literalism on matters touching an understanding of the physical world.  I've regretted it ever since.

Just me talking, but it seems to take a near equal measure of pride and gullibility to reject proven facts known even by the ancients to suck down YouTube videos.  Yes you're being lied to, but it's not by "the establishment".  I'm convinced beyond unconvincing that this modern spin on "flat earth" was cooked up by a perverted mind for the sole purpose of seeing how many folks he could make fools of.  The rest are copycats and the conned.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

ralph

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2022, 06:04:56 AM »

" I'm convinced beyond unconvincing that this modern spin on "flat earth" was cooked up by a perverted mind for the sole purpose of seeing how many folks he could make fools of.  The rest are copycats and the conned."

I would tend to agree with that bro.   

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2022, 06:09:30 PM »

Here's a cute interview by a little girl with the "first man on the Moon", Buzz Aldrin. Decide for yourself:

https://youtu.be/_rr_PAL8iwM

jeetkunejimi

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2022, 07:49:44 PM »

Hi Anjel,
Here is a short explanation of what the ancients knew about a spherical earth.

https://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/2011/09/21/who-discovered-the-earth-is-ro

You're going to let an atheistic Jew tell you about the earths shape?
Join me now in my new massive money making business venture, selling asbestos blankets only on Sundays at the exits of Orthodox churches. It's really gonna take off.

jeetkunejimi

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2022, 07:53:26 PM »

Here's a cute interview by a little girl with the "first man on the Moon", Buzz Aldrin. Decide for yourself:

https://youtu.be/_rr_PAL8iwM

'Aldrin' is a drunkard, a liar, and a violent man, given over to vain babblings, because his conscience isn't clear. 

jeetkunejimi

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2022, 07:57:38 PM »

Isaiah 66:1

"Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?"

So many lies, with Never A Straight Answer...

Approximately 50 million dollars a day of American taxpayers money spent on what!? Pretending. Pretending to go to the moon, pretending to go to mars, etc, etc.

jeetkunejimi

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2022, 08:00:42 PM »

Hi all,

Oh no.  Not this. Not here.  I see this all over youtube and social media.  With all due respect, I believe the flat earth model is ridiculous and Ray agreed.

Here is an excerpt from one of his emails:

4. The Bible writers had a view of the universe where the earth was almost the entire universe; other than it, there were some pinpoints of light -- what we know know to be massive stars, trillions upon trillions of miles away -- stuck in a solid firmament above the earth, and a large light (sun) and a small light (moon). Other than that, there was just water: water below the earth and water above the solid firmament, held up by the firmament. This firmament was a solid, hemispherical dome that arches over the flat earth's surface, and it had windows in it that could be opened to let the waters it help up fall to the earth as rain ... or a flood. The earth was a disc: flat and circular. It rested upon pillars and could not be moved.

RAY'S COMMENT:  Well that's just utter nonsense.  The Bible says no such thing.  The Bible writers knew that the earth was an sphere, and that the stars and heavens were massive.

I know 'Ray' liked science but, why didn't he reply with some scriptural evidence for his remarks as he usually would do so?

jeetkunejimi

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2022, 08:11:15 PM »

Isa 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Not that I'm arguing for a flat earth, but this verse doesn't prove the earth is a sphere. Flat earthers believe the earth is a circle too; just a disc, rather than a globe.

Isn't a 'circle' a disc? The earth isn't apparently a sphere either, it's now referred to as an "Oblate Spheroid" Which would be somewhat pear shaped, and yet all supposed genuine photos of earth taken by NASA from space are perfectly round. If it's not so wider (chubbier) under the equator to be of any significance then why mention it. When is a hill a mountain or a town a city? 

jeetkunejimi

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2022, 08:14:51 PM »

Correct 'Extol' and if God's sits atop of it looking down at us as grasshoppers if it were a sphere He was looking down at from on high He wouldn't be able to see us all as the horizon would be falling away from Him 8inches for every square mile ;).

jeetkunejimi

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2022, 08:23:00 PM »

Many years ago I made a joke on the forum about having been up in one of those new-fangled aeroplanes and seeing for myself that the earth was round, but round like a pizza.  It didn't dawn on me at the time new as I was, that there might be those who could understand and accept that the Lake of Fire was niether a lake nor fire but were so committed to biblical literalism on matters touching an understanding of the physical world.  I've regretted it ever since.

Just me talking, but it seems to take a near equal measure of pride and gullibility to reject proven facts known even by the ancients to suck down YouTube videos.  Yes you're being lied to, but it's not by "the establishment".  I'm convinced beyond unconvincing that this modern spin on "flat earth" was cooked up by a perverted mind for the sole purpose of seeing how many folks he could make fools of.  The rest are copycats and the conned.

With all due respect, how much have you bothered to research the subject? Do you know about such things as; crepuscular rays, Coriolis effect, convection, convergence, 8" per square mile drop due to curvature on a ball earth but we don't see it, parabolic arcs on rockets instead of vertical thrust to reach escape velocity from supposed gravity etc, etc. Maybe you should take a deeper look into it. It's up to you. ;)

jeetkunejimi

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2022, 08:28:46 PM »

" I'm convinced beyond unconvincing that this modern spin on "flat earth" was cooked up by a perverted mind for the sole purpose of seeing how many folks he could make fools of.  The rest are copycats and the conned."

I would tend to agree with that bro.

There is no "MODERN SPIN" on the earth being geocentric, the earth was believed a plane for centuries and never fully went away. Copernicus & Co (all free masons) came up with pushing the heliocentric model as a new age swerve from God. The Atheistic 'Bright's' of the enlightenment thought that they new better, and they set about trying to do away with God. It's all about doing away with God Almighty (YHWH) to them.

Porter

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2022, 01:57:34 AM »

How can someone “do away with God” if they don't even know Him? The Church does believe He exists, but He is not their God UNTIL He is their God.

Luk 10:21  In that same hour He rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, "I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because You have hidden these things from the wise and the learned and have revealed them to infants. Yes, Father, because this was Your good pleasure.
Luk 10:22  All things have been entrusted to Me by My Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son desires to reveal Him."
If Jesus came into one of these God denying churches to preach today, they probably wouldn't even know it was Him, and they'd throw Him out to boot. Those that did believe Jesus was the Son of God, killed Him.

Atheists ain't got nothing on those that honor Him with only their lips. Since we're doing conspiracy theories right now, here's one. The Church has made more atheists than the atheists themselves. 
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2022, 02:44:46 AM »

An oblate spheroid is the shape a fluid, otherwise spherical object assumes by rotating on it's primary axis.  It is absolutely not pear shaped.  If it is even remotely pear shaped, it is so little pearshaped that nobody looking at it with their eyes would describe it that way. The earth is an oblate spheoid because it is "fluid" taken as a whole, though not nearly so fluid as a mass of water or air.  And it rotates on it's primary axis.  So it is almost a sphere, but not quite.  So eyes on photos from space perceive it as "spherical" and absolutely not pear shaped.  It is a bit larger around the equator than it is pole to pole, and the southern hemisphere is slightly larger than the northernmost northern hemisphere. 

You know who figured that out?  Scientists.

I get a kick out of people telling me to do research who also denigrate NASA and other scientific establishments.  "Open your eyes!  But not to that!".  Pride.

Though the question wasn't posed to me, I would hugely rather get my understanding of the natural world from an atheist than from a biblical fundamentalist.  In fact I get more SPIRITUAL insight from genuine scientific sources than I did in over a dozen years of Sunday School and three services a week for over two dozen conscious years.  I wish you the same freedom.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 03:25:49 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.