> Off Topic Discussions

God is present in my dreams.

(1/1)

Anjel Uriel:
Hello brethren, I just wanted to write that God has been doing something cool with me for a while now since I discovered The Truth. Now for context, I have really wild and vivid dreams. These can vary from very realistic to totally abstract insanity.

One night I’ll be dreaming about going to the mall and speaking with someone and the next night I’m riding on top of a 50 feet long, flying worm while surfing a rainbow. Really weird stuff.

Lately, since I’ve learned The Truth, Christ has been overcoming my lust. I still fall and stumble but God has never forsaken me and has always stayed by my side to pick me up with the strength of His Mighty hand and carry me in His Righteous Arms. Just like a Father takes care of His newborn.

I’ve noticed that I have received temptations to commit immorality in my dreams. However, the cool thing is God is present even when I’m sleeping. I’ll get tempted and one or several of different scenarios will happen.

1: I’ll have someone tempt me and I’ll reply or think “No that’s sin, I won’t do that”.

2: I’ll forget or go with the flow (I’m not normally aware that I’m dreaming) and no matter what I do, I can’t commit the sinful act. Like, literally the structure of the building I’m in will change so no matter what I try I can’t commit the act.

3: I’ll wake up as soon as I’m tempted.

Sometimes the 3 scenarios will mix like I’ll refuse to sin and then wake up.

Honestly, He’s always been present in my sleep even before discovering The Truth but now that He’s dragging me. I just found it cool that God is always there protecting and guiding me even when I’m unconscious. Reminds me of what David wrote in Psalm 139.

“If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there”.
Psalm 139:8.

God Bless you all and hope you’re doing well. Your Brother in Christ, Anjel Uriel.

indianabob:
Hi Anjel,

Dreams are natural for we humans and we should enjoy them.
Some dreams come from what we view during our waking moments.
Just feed the good ones and do not feed the evil.
Bob
= =
Anonymous;

Our Lord pointed out lilies to some folks on a mountain one day and said, “Check those out, people. Do any of those flowers look stressed to you? Do you see circles under their eyes? Are they on their third pot of coffee? Are they fuming in traffic? Cussing their brains out? And yet see how beautiful they are. See how they sway in the breeze. It’s not that they don’t give a crap; it’s that they trust their Maker.”   

Then the people said, “What about it, Jesus?” And Jesus said, “Be that way!

”This is my paraphrase of Matthew 6:28-30. The key verse of the surrounding contest is verse 25:“Therefore I am saying to you, Do not worry about your soul, what you may be eating, or what you may be drinking, nor yet about your body, what you should be putting on. Is not the soul more than nourishment, and the body than apparel?”

Work. Buy jeans. Buy coffee and bread. Buy eggs and paper towels. Buy cheap shoes—or expensive ones. Buy a nice car; buy a clunker. Live within your means. Make more means, or make less—whatever you feel. Wear makeup; don’t. Eat in, or out. Make sure of one thing:

Hold it all loosely. Feel your hands go limp. There. Relax your knuckles. Feel that? Do it frequently; it is the opposite of grasping. Take a breath. Feel life? That’s God. It’s all you need, really. Now get dressed. Walk, don’t run. Let time dribble. You’re in a field. Consider the lilies.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version