bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Everlasting Punishment  (Read 1191 times)

pastor

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
Everlasting Punishment
« on: July 16, 2022, 04:51:47 PM »

Hello friends,
Ray has a video on YouTube in which from Mat 25:46, he discusses how many times the term, punishment, and how many times it is found in the New Testament. He also discuses the difference between punishment and chastisement. Please, could you remind what is the subject of that video? I cannot find it.

Thanks for your help!

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Everlasting Punishment
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 07:05:11 PM »

Go here and search for 'punishment'. The list is not too long: https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/board,12.0.html

pastor

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 09:56:34 PM »

Thanks for your help, Dennis  However, I did not find at that link what I am looking for. I know there's a YouTube video where Ray discussed the difference between punishment and chastisement, but, I just don't remember which one it is.

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2022, 10:28:45 PM »

Hello Pastor,
I think that we may find that from God's point of view they're about the same thing.
God loves us all.
God deals with us as a loving father toward His sons.
So when God punishes with stripes or with loss of privilege it is always for our eventual benefit.
In the situation noted in Mt. 25:46 God is withholding participation in the first age after this one from those who aren't accepted while those who are accepted receive the privilege of living during that age. So from the perspective of those who lose privilege it may seem as harsh punishment, but from God's point of view it is gracious toward those who do participate while the others have to wait for their salvation until a later time.
God knows what is best for each of us.
And God loves to give special gifts to those he chooses, according to God's perfect will.
= =

Jesus and the Beloved Apostle
Joh 21:20  Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee? 
Joh 21:21  Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? 
Joh 21:22  Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. 
Joh 21:23  Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? 

Indiana Bob

pastor

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2022, 08:35:12 PM »

Thanks for your help. I still would love to find Ray's YouTube video on Mat 25:46 or which includes the discussion of said verse.. Can anyone help?

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2022, 07:28:00 AM »

The YouTube videos are a mixture of videos and audios both complete and excerpted from both conference and bible studies.  They don't have their own transcripts.  The bible studies and conference talks do.  None of these materials were produced especially for YouTube.  Beyond that, the list of YouTube videos has undergone revisions as Dennis has gained experience.  Nothing on YouTube was put there while Ray was living, to the best of my knowledge.

This is a topic often mentioned by Ray, and often with some detail, so pinpointing a particular video on YouTube would be very hard, assuming it is even still there in the form you first encountered it.

Your best bet is really to search that forum that Dennis linked to and find the transcript that matches your memory.  Maybe then it can be deduced what video on YouTube contains that video, if any still do.

Whether or not it is on YouTube, it should be HERE on the forum under the link Dennis provided. 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 10:21:01 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2022, 07:36:16 PM »

Hello friends,
Ray has a video on YouTube in which from Mat 25:46, he discusses how many times the term, punishment, and how many times it is found in the New Testament. He also discuses the difference between punishment and chastisement. Please, could you remind what is the subject of that video? I cannot find it.

Thanks for your help!

About 6:30 into this video Ray talks at length about punishment and chastisement: https://youtu.be/gKUYOv1HwiA
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 09:15:50 PM by Dennis Vogel »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.