bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Context, Context, Context  (Read 781 times)

Anjel Uriel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Context, Context, Context
« on: August 11, 2022, 01:17:14 PM »

I was reading Mark 2:25-26 where Jesus used the example of David to show why He didn't do anything wrong by letting His disciples pick grains to eat on a Sabbath. I was reading that and I could just imagine that if Jesus did the same thing today, pastors, theologians and christian would scream at Him "YOU TOOK THAT VERSE OUT OF CONTEXT, READ THE WHOLE CHAPTER".

Honestly, every time I look or read things written by christians almost always I see the context doctrine appear. Even on Ray's video "Scripture proves God will save everyone", people where debating in the comments about how God will not save all despite all the proofs and when one commenter got confronted he literally wrote "STOP TAKING VERSES OUT OF CONTEXT".

It reminds me of what I have heard insinuated from my catholic family that YOU Have to look at the "interpretation" given by the catholic scholars to understand the true meaning of the verses.

I know that the world and christendom is blind and deceived but it either saddens me or gets on my nerves how the wolves have deceived the sheep with their context god. I just thank The Father and The Son for rescuing me from that spiritual darkness I was once in and long for the day the rest of the world will have the veil pull out from their hearts. 
The LORD answered, "Could a mother forget a child who nurses at her breast? Could she fail to love an infant who came from her own body? Even if a mother could forget, I will never forget you. Isaiah 49:15

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Context, Context, Context
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 01:52:27 PM »

Hi Anjel,

In regard to your concern for others, I have had similar feelings of frustration and wanting to be able to help them see the light which only God can provide.
To ease my mind I have taken the position of one who has been called to be a pioneer into a foreign land with the instruction to learn about the land and to prepare a place for my family who will be called into that land later when preparations for them are completed.
Really, the main difference between their calling and ours is that we needed faith to believe, whereas they will not need faith since they will see with their eyes and hear with their ears and believe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.