bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sinlessness under the law  (Read 1031 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
sinlessness under the law
« on: August 19, 2022, 12:18:58 PM »

A new topic to pique your interest.
Bob

In Philippians chapter 3, our apostle Paul lists several things that he used to think were important but that he now considers to be "garbage." One of these things is, "...in relation to the righteousness which is in law, becoming blameless" (Philippians 3:6). Paul's quest for blamelessness (that is, sinlessness) used to consume his every waking moment as a Pharisee. But once the man learned of Christ, he considered this quest to have been empty and stupid. And yet Paul (as Saul the Pharisee) came closer to moral perfection (in relation to the righteousness which is in law) than anyone.

If this is true—which it undoubtedly is, anyone can read it—then why are Christians still straining to become blameless in relation to the righteousness of law? The answer is right in the context, in verse eight of Philippians 3: "But, to be sure, I am also deeming all to be a forfeit because of the superiority of the knowledge of Christ Jesus, my Lord." Religionist especially (and ironically) Christians—have no knowledge of Christ.

And finally, what does Paul call people who still vigorously promote any attempt to become blameless in relation to the righteousness which is in law? He calls them "evil workers" (Philippians 3:2). I wish more critics of the Christian religion would use this nomination against modern pastors and priests.

Musterseed

• God is Love
Re: sinlessness under the law
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 04:49:19 PM »

Matt. 15: 14… Let them alone , they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind,
both will fall into a pit.
Luke 6:39.’’ Can a blind man lead a blind man.

Besides. Matt. Chapter 23 is a pretty good critique ( upbraid) by Jesus Himself
against these religious leaders.

L Ray Smith on Bible Truths gives a great understanding of how Babylon operates.

And,,, how God operates. However , As Isaiah proclaimed, who will believe our report?

Not many.

They have no understanding of how sinlessness (perfection )is attained. Except for the
deceitful sinners prayer.

But ,…… they will learn righteousness Isaiah 26:9

In Christ, Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

indianabob

Re: sinlessness under the law
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 12:50:49 AM »

Thank you Pamela :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.