bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey  (Read 1130 times)

Wendy

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Hey
« on: October 11, 2022, 04:03:41 AM »

Hi everyone,
I pray you are all well Angel how are you doing haven't seen you on here in a while was wondering if you're okay
I've been reading Rays old emails and the general discussions lot of good information on there a lot of stuff I can relate to it's nice to have this forum to come to to escape from this crazy world thank you Dennis and all others who keep this place running
God bless
Wendy

ralph

Re: Hey
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 12:54:42 PM »

Hi Wendy.  I hope all is well on your end.  Yes, this site is a blessing.  I do however miss the weekly bible studies and fellowship I used to enjoy back in the day.   I befriended some folks online some years ago and moved down south to be closer to them.  We would get together every Sunday, have bible study, eat great food, play board games, chat, etc.   It was nice.   I had to move back up north and we disagreed on some things biblically, so we parted ways unfortunately.  I feel very isolated and alone much of the time so this site does help a great deal. 

indianabob

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2022, 03:19:50 AM »

Hi Wendy.  I hope all is well on your end.  Yes, this site is a blessing.  I do however miss the weekly bible studies and fellowship I used to enjoy back in the day.   I befriended some folks online some years ago and moved down south to be closer to them.  We would get together every Sunday, have bible study, eat great food, play board games, chat, etc.   It was nice.   I had to move back up north and we disagreed on some things biblically, so we parted ways unfortunately.  I feel very isolated and alone much of the time so this site does help a great deal.

= = =
Since you were friends for quite a while, what was it that was so difficult to agree upon?
Could you have continued learning if the difficult topic was avoided?
Bob

ralph

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2022, 02:10:21 AM »

Hi Bob,

It may help if you know who the group of friends were.  It was the same group Ray had a falling-out with years ago. Check out Ray’s video: “Christ Was NOT Made Sin”.  Ray discusses some of the heresy that group was teaching.  I was at that conference when Coy gave that talk. I remember not understanding a word of his talk and actually dozed off.  I don’t recall how long after, but at a Bible Study (I wasn't at that particular Bible Study but heard the recording), there was a very heated discussion over the observing of holidays in which an ultimatum was given by Mike or another speaker: either give up holidays or leave the group. Many of us thought it was crazy to split up such a close group over something like that.  Well things became rather strange and uncomfortable after that and I moved back up north.   I have no ill feelings toward those folks and still think about them a great deal.  When I returned home, I got back into Ray's teachings and then discovered that he was very ill and didn't have much time left.  That was a very sad time.  I do regret not getting a chance to meet him.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2022, 11:44:47 AM »

Hi Bob,

It may help if you know who the group of friends were.  It was the same group Ray had a falling-out with years ago. Check out Ray’s video: “Christ Was NOT Made Sin”.  Ray discusses some of the heresy that group was teaching.  I was at that conference when Coy gave that talk. I remember not understanding a word of his talk and actually dozed off.  I don’t recall how long after, but at a Bible Study (I wasn't at that particular Bible Study but heard the recording), there was a very heated discussion over the observing of holidays in which an ultimatum was given by Mike or another speaker: either give up holidays or leave the group. Many of us thought it was crazy to split up such a close group over something like that.  Well things became rather strange and uncomfortable after that and I moved back up north.   I have no ill feelings toward those folks and still think about them a great deal.  When I returned home, I got back into Ray's teachings and then discovered that he was very ill and didn't have much time left.  That was a very sad time.  I do regret not getting a chance to meet him.

I had to look for it but I found it:  https://bible-truths.com/mike.htm

ralph

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2022, 05:45:19 PM »

Thanks Dennis.  Yes I recall reading this years ago, although reading it now, it takes on a whole new light. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.