> Off Topic Discussions

Hunting

(1/4) > >>

Dynamo54:
Dennis, this question is mainly for you as I believe that you knew Ray the longest and were close to him. Did Ray ever have anything to say about the efficacy of hunting? Is that something scripture approves of or not? I want my conduct to be in accordance with God’s Word and am wondering?
Thanks

Dennis Vogel:
I cannot recall Ray ever talking about hunting.

indianabob:

--- Quote from: Dynamo54 on October 14, 2022, 01:40:40 PM ---Dennis, this question is mainly for you as I believe that you knew Ray the longest and were close to him. Did Ray ever have anything to say about the efficacy of hunting? Is that something scripture approves of or not? I want my conduct to be in accordance with God’s Word and am wondering?
Thanks

--- End quote ---
= =
With our diverse lifestyles we have different means of obtaining meat for our normal use.
If you do not have a farm and raise cattle or sheep, then hunting wild animals is another means of obtaining food.
The only limitation in obtaining clean food is that it not be wasted or killed just for sport.
Of course hunting can be a sport and we learn and improve with practice, but you have knowledge of God's instruction so use it reasonably and do not kill more than you can use.
Bob
= =
Deu 14:4  These are the beasts which ye shall eat: the ox, the sheep, and the goat, 
Deu 14:5  The hart, and the roebuck, and the fallow deer, and the wild goat, and the pygarg, and the wild ox, and the chamois. 
=
1 Corinthians 10:25 ESV / 34 helpful votes
Eat whatever is sold in the meat market without raising any question on the ground of conscience.
=
Lev 17:13  And whatsoever man there be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, which hunteth and catcheth any beast or fowl that may be eaten; he shall even pour out the blood thereof, and cover it with dust. 
Lev 17:14  For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off. 
=
Whether you hunt or not is according to your own conscience, but decide out of brotherly love toward others who may be concerned.
=
Rom 14:13  Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block or an occasion to fall in his brother's way
Rom 14:14  I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

Dennis Vogel:
Thank you Bob

Dynamo54:
Yes, thank you both. The reason I wonder about it is it seems a leisure activity and I wonder if my time should be spent otherwise. Probably foolish for me to think about it that way because I know God gave man superiority over the animals.
Lately I have been thinking about we have to give up our “life” for Christ. Our life is really made up of our time, and am I doing with my time what Christ wants me to do. It is easy plan the time in your day/year/life on what YOU want to do. That is the conundrum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version