bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hunting  (Read 1899 times)

Dynamo54

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Hunting
« on: October 14, 2022, 01:40:40 PM »

Dennis, this question is mainly for you as I believe that you knew Ray the longest and were close to him. Did Ray ever have anything to say about the efficacy of hunting? Is that something scripture approves of or not? I want my conduct to be in accordance with God’s Word and am wondering?
Thanks
The Eternal, He is God!

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
Re: Hunting
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 04:08:30 PM »

I cannot recall Ray ever talking about hunting.

indianabob

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 11:39:29 PM »

Dennis, this question is mainly for you as I believe that you knew Ray the longest and were close to him. Did Ray ever have anything to say about the efficacy of hunting? Is that something scripture approves of or not? I want my conduct to be in accordance with God’s Word and am wondering?
Thanks
= =
With our diverse lifestyles we have different means of obtaining meat for our normal use.
If you do not have a farm and raise cattle or sheep, then hunting wild animals is another means of obtaining food.
The only limitation in obtaining clean food is that it not be wasted or killed just for sport.
Of course hunting can be a sport and we learn and improve with practice, but you have knowledge of God's instruction so use it reasonably and do not kill more than you can use.
Bob
= =
Deu 14:4  These are the beasts which ye shall eat: the ox, the sheep, and the goat, 
Deu 14:5  The hart, and the roebuck, and the fallow deer, and the wild goat, and the pygarg, and the wild ox, and the chamois. 
=
1 Corinthians 10:25 ESV / 34 helpful votes
Eat whatever is sold in the meat market without raising any question on the ground of conscience.
=
Lev 17:13  And whatsoever man there be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, which hunteth and catcheth any beast or fowl that may be eaten; he shall even pour out the blood thereof, and cover it with dust. 
Lev 17:14  For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off. 
=
Whether you hunt or not is according to your own conscience, but decide out of brotherly love toward others who may be concerned.
=
Rom 14:13  Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block or an occasion to fall in his brother's way
Rom 14:14  I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2022, 08:07:27 AM »

Thank you Bob

Dynamo54

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2022, 10:31:05 PM »

Yes, thank you both. The reason I wonder about it is it seems a leisure activity and I wonder if my time should be spent otherwise. Probably foolish for me to think about it that way because I know God gave man superiority over the animals.
Lately I have been thinking about we have to give up our “life” for Christ. Our life is really made up of our time, and am I doing with my time what Christ wants me to do. It is easy plan the time in your day/year/life on what YOU want to do. That is the conundrum.
The Eternal, He is God!

Anjel Uriel

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2022, 11:15:29 PM »

Here’s an email where Ray talked about Hunting.

https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,14211.msg125625.html#msg125625

Dear Brother Ray,

I have a personal question, Post it or not it's up to you.  I have been brought up hunting and fishing, and see nothing wrong with it, however the last deer season, i watched over twenty deer walk by my stand, and did not have the heart to take one. It's been nagging at me, i hunt with my two sons, I just dont know if in this modern day age,  whether God would want us to do these things? This might sound silly to ask, but after thousands of hours studying your site and reading your work, Who else would i ask?

Thanks

Gods peace to you

Chris

Dear Chris:

I see nothing wrong with killing game animals if they are used for food. Deer populations would cause starvation within their herds if they were not managed down to lower numbers.  I personally have no desire to shoot a deer, however.

God be with you,
Ray
The LORD answered, "Could a mother forget a child who nurses at her breast? Could she fail to love an infant who came from her own body? Even if a mother could forget, I will never forget you. Isaiah 49:15

Dynamo54

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2022, 11:21:19 PM »

Good find.

Thanks Anjel
The Eternal, He is God!

indianabob

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2022, 12:40:18 AM »

Another thought on the topic of hunting game animals that live in the wild.
Ever since God placed a curse on the land we have had a predator/prey situation to contend with.
In most cases wild animals eat other wild animals or starve to death.
=
In the case of wild deer or other bovine creatures if the predator is reduced to almost nothing then the prey population will expand to the point of not being sustained by the environment in which they live. This point is further illustrated by the fact that different species
reproduce more or less frequently in a manner to maintain a balance among the various populations. (God keeps track)
=
So then when mankind occupies the land that was formerly vacant and wild and a home for beasts of the field, it becomes the responsibility of mankind to compensate for having created the imbalance.
=
If hunters don't hunt then the State Game Commission has to hire someone to thin the herd. Otherwise they will starve or die of diseases that otherwise would be controlled by the predators.

God knows what is best during this wicked age.
Things could be a lot different during the next age when the lamb will lie down with the wolf.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 12:44:10 AM by indianabob »

ralph

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2022, 07:39:28 AM »

Although I meat, I could never take part in killing these animals.  I find the whole process of hunting as a sport a bit disturbing, then again, I feel bad when I accidentally step on a spider, so I have my own issues. But I do understand the need to control the populations. 

lareli

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2022, 12:47:13 PM »

Although I meat, I could never take part in killing these animals.  I find the whole process of hunting as a sport a bit disturbing, then again, I feel bad when I accidentally step on a spider, so I have my own issues. But I do understand the need to control the populations.

Do you find hunting more disturbing than factory farmed meat?
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

ralph

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2022, 01:47:37 AM »

All I am saying is that I personally could never hunt and kill an animal for fun.  So yes, I find that more disturbing than factory farmed meat.  Again, that is my personal feeling on the matter.  If I offended you or anyone else, I apologize.

lareli

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2022, 01:20:57 PM »

All I am saying is that I personally could never hunt and kill an animal for fun.  So yes, I find that more disturbing than factory farmed meat.  Again, that is my personal feeling on the matter.  If I offended you or anyone else, I apologize.

There’s no offense I’m just asking. I hope you’re not offended by my questions.

I’m somewhat familiar with the conditions of factory farming, not first hand though, mostly YouTube videos and documentaries that briefly touch on the subject. I could not, in good conscience, participate in the treatment of animals that factory farming entails. But I still buy it. That makes me a hypocrite and I can’t find anyway around that fact. That’s why I was asking you that question. Because you seem to have similar feelings for yourself in saying that you eat meat but you could never kill an animal.

I could, however, hunt an animal in good conscience I think. I buy meat from the grocery store out of convenience. I wish there were a choice at the grocery store to buy factory farmed vs wild hunted meat. I would gladly pay significantly more for the wild hunted animal so that I’d have a clean conscience. Or if I had the means and knowledge to hunt my meat I would prefer that over the alternative.

My thought has always been that if I’m not willing to do something for myself than I should be a hypocrite for enjoying, consuming or supporting the end product of said action. That goes for the death penalty (would I be willing to be the executioner?) or anything else like that…. I mean I’m a hypocrite in so many ways as I type this on my iPhone that was produced using unethical (some say ‘slave’) labor which I hate - I’m a mess my friend. And I know it! And still continue! Lord have mercy. I wish and pray that I could live on a couple acres and self sustain me and my family (I’m sure I’m not the only one) - but until then Lord help me.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

ralph

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2022, 02:24:32 PM »

I am not some animal rights activist.  That isn't what this is about. Just want to make that clear.  I don't have any issue with someone hunting and killing an animal for food or to control populations.  It's when someone hunts an animal down for fun and thrills and then hangs its head on a wall as a trophy.  That seems normal to most folks I guess, but I find it disturbing.   I have no desire to grab a gun and shoot an animal, but that doesn't mean I think it's wrong.   Again, it's the sporting aspect of it that I don't like.   Now if I am wrong about that, I am certain God will correct me.  Lord knows I need a lot of correction.  I appreciate the civil discourse my friend. 

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2022, 08:43:09 PM »

If Bill Gates has his way we'll all be eating insects instead of beef, etc.

indianabob

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2022, 01:41:25 PM »

Take a lesson from scripture.

The Bible tell us about the diet of John the Baptist, “Now John himself was clothed in camel’s hair, with a leather belt around his waist; and his food was locusts and wild honey” (Matthew 3:4).

ralph

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2022, 06:42:14 PM »

The Bible tell us about the diet of John the Baptist, “Now John himself was clothed in camel’s hair, with a leather belt around his waist; and his food was locusts and wild honey” (Matthew 3:4).

That's wild.  I was just watching a news report about a school in Norway I believe that has begun feeding the children insects and I thought about this thread and thought to myself: "Well John the Baptist ate Locusts, so there's that."  I came here to respond and saw your post Bob.  Looks like Christ whispered the same thing in both our ears.  Not that I want to eat Locusts any time soon, please Lord, have mercy.  :)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2022, 07:10:38 PM »

That's wild.  I was just watching a news report about a school in Norway I believe that has begun feeding the children insects and I thought about this thread and thought to myself: "Well John the Baptist ate Locusts, so there's that."  I came here to respond and saw your post Bob.  Looks like Christ whispered the same thing in both our ears.  Not that I want to eat Locusts any time soon, please Lord, have mercy.  :)

I may try locusts and wild honey but I've seen talk of making us eating insects/bugs and cockroaches. I also saw where insect exoskeletons are bad for human health.

https://youtu.be/VD7Z3lm8-zE
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 07:13:12 PM by Dennis Vogel »

indianabob

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2022, 07:44:27 PM »

Hi Ralph and friends,

I heard from a fellow many years ago that there is a method for everything and regarding locusts it is to grasp the body between thumb and fore finger and with the other hand grasp the head and with a twist of the wrist pull the entrails out in one swift move.
The rest of the body is just protein and not harmful. I also understand that locusts are mostly vegetarians so their meat may be kosher.
There are a variety of mild to hot sauces one may select from to enhance the experience.  ;)

Chef Bob

ralph

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2022, 06:28:16 PM »

Hi Ralph and friends,

I heard from a fellow many years ago that there is a method for everything and regarding locusts it is to grasp the body between thumb and fore finger and with the other hand grasp the head and with a twist of the wrist pull the entrails out in one swift move.
The rest of the body is just protein and not harmful. I also understand that locusts are mostly vegetarians so their meat may be kosher.
There are a variety of mild to hot sauces one may select from to enhance the experience.  ;)

Chef Bob

;D. Thanks Chef Bob. LOL.  I've got my favorite sriracha sauce all ready to go.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.