bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Living Holy  (Read 5928 times)

FREEINDEED

Living Holy
« on: August 27, 2006, 03:06:17 PM »

I'm a 35 year old woman who loves God with all my heart and soul.  I made a vow to God that I will remain a virgin until I get married.  When I made this vow I had no idea that I would still be single at this age.  I have no problem living my life as a Virgin.  But when I meet someone I like it becomes a problem, because the man that I'm with usually desires a physical relationship.  So my question is, "Is it possible in this sex craze world for me to meet and married a Man without having sex with him?"  Please be honest with me.

Be Blessed

chuckusa

Re: Living Holy
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 03:40:08 PM »

FREEINDEED,

Yes, its possible.

I will be honest. When I was a younger man, before I got married, it would have been very difficult to have a relationship without the physical aspect. In fact, I never did.
All my relationships did involve that and would not have lasted without it.

I was weak, selfish and extremely carnal. It was shameful to be that weak, and to have such a disrespectful and absolutely degrading attitude toward women who loved me and were ALSO giving of their effort and time towards ME.

If I could only go back and do it over.....differently.

It will take a man who has grown in Christ sufficient enough to see the beauty and purity of a woman who has kept an important command of God, to preserve herself for marriage, and who only wants to experience the physical within the spiritual boundries of Gods true plan for her.

In total honesty, it may take more time...but never forget God knows the pain and suffering of your heart and he will never forsake you.

IT IS POSSIBLE! Stand firm just as you have done because you are truly a beautiful creation of God...let no man defile that which is pure. May God continue to bless you in this walk.

Your brother,
Chuck

FREEINDEED

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 01:36:45 AM »

Thanks for your response Chuck.

Be Blessed

JJ

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 07:21:16 PM »

God will give you a husband IF and WHEN it is his will-- I know you know this.
But NEVER give away your purity to ANY man until you are committed in marriage.
Don't know the answer to your question, but I would say it IS possible and that
NO man deserves you if he doesn't appreciate your self-control and purity.
Be hopeful and faithful and blessed! 
Jayle

angie

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 11:39:16 PM »

FRIENDINDEED

Hello,

When I was a young adult, my grandmother once said about guys wanting girls to have sex before she was ready that if "they left you because you didn't, it was very likely they would still eventually leave you even if you did."

I think she meant that, if that was the only issue determining whether the relationship continued or not, then it was the wrong relationship.

You don't have to even be a virgin these days to get this kind of pressure. sometimes it's worse when people know you have been married before, they expect more from you. People generally don't like the word no and that reminds me of a wee verse boys used to say at school regarding sex;

when a lady says no, she means maybe,
when a lady says maybe, she means yes,
when a lady says yes,
she's no lady

If thats how boys think at school, it's no wonder they have a hard time dealing with 'no' in adulthood  ;D

Stick to your guns, I say. You can only gift it away once.

Angie

orion77

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 11:18:09 AM »

Freeindeed, God bless your openess and sincerity.

I've been with the same woman now for 26 years, the love I have for her has grown from physical to her genuiness and good heart.  That is what I see in her now.  I admit, took long time for this stubborn man to come around. 

My prayer is that God will lead you to one, who is mature and founded in the truths of God.  True love is beyond the physical.

God bless,

Gary

angie

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 01:37:37 PM »

Gary

True love is beyond the physical.

well upon my soul! Never thought I'd see it in black and white, in front of my very own eyes, from a man [sorry folks, just my experience so far] until now. That was so simple a statement yet so very true.

May God continue to bless , strengthen, and nurture you both into your dotage.

Angie

ned

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 12:27:19 AM »

So my question is, "Is it possible in this sex craze world for me to meet and married a Man without having sex with him?" 

Dear Free Indeed:

Mat 19:26  But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.

You are blessed.
Marie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 16 queries.