> Off Topic Discussions

The Hawk

(1/2) > >>

ralph:
For some reason, I woke up this morning thinking about hawks.  I see them from time to time high up in the trees or flying overhead.  Occasionally I will get a glimpse of them landing on a low branch. I was pondering how often these creatures eat as I have never seen them do so.  A few moments ago, I opened my office window and saw this hawk swoop down and grab something. The hawk was partially obscured by trees, so I couldn’t entirely make out what was going on, but I know these seemingly coincidental occurrences are from God. 

Musterseed:
Every Sept we drive to Evangeline Beach in the Minas Basin here in Nova Scotia
to see the dance of the starlings. Hundreds and hundreds of small birds eating
bugs on the beach. And it is always a lone single hawk that comes and startles
them into flight, all moving in unison of black and silver depending which way they
fly into the sun. So beautiful. Someone said ,” I wonder how they move without
crashing into each other” and I said because God has put wisdom into them, they
know what to do. “”It went very quiet, and  I thought,,if only they knew that they were
receiving a marvellous gift from their Creator and how sad I felt for them, not knowing
our beautiful God. One day they all will know Him and want to have faith.
There is no greater love.

One thing I noticed this year is very few birds anywhere. I used to watch the eagles
from my kitchen window while doing dishes, there used to be blue jays, doves cooing,
sea gulls, cardinals , big woodpeckers, etc but not so many this year, very few actually.
Not as many bugs either, especially ants. I’m good with that. It’s almost the end of Oct.
and there are crickets, it’s very humid and unusually warm . I am hoping for snow flakes
to start falling soon. God Bless You all.

In Christ, Pamela

Dennis Vogel:
When I first moved to Mobile in 1976 there were huge flocks of different types of birds in my neighborhood. They're 95% gone now. There were also many Monarch butterflies which are also 95% gone.

I suspect spraying for mosquitoes killed them off.

Musterseed:
Actually the birds are sandpipers not starlings , my bad.

I have been studying for quite a while now, Does a Sovereign God ever Change?

This is a most revealing study coupled with Myth of free Will Pt.C and of course
the rapture paper which I think is a masterpiece.

So in the article of Does a Sovereign God ever change I want to present this scripture
about animals.

Gen.6:7 … And the Lord said,” I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the
earth, both man and BEAST , and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air, for it repents me
that I have made them.

Ray , quote “ What? Why would He repent of making animals? See you never saw that before
 did you?  “ I’m not only going to kill mankind, I’m going to kill the animals.

Of course this this whole study has a lot more going on , I just wanted to present the scripture
about the animals , the birds, and bugs etc.

Ezekiel 14:21.’’’ ……….. to cut off from it man and beast.

ECC 3:19.’’ For what happens to the children of man and what happens to the beasts is the same,
As one dies so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over
the beasts, for all is vanity.

And, All is of God. Also there is something else in Rays study about the law of thermodynamics acting on all
matter and God getting rid of all things physical . This seems very logical as all things decay and die.
I believe we are crossing the bridge over the physical troubled waters of the physical realm,
to the SPIRITUAL REALM., and Jesus is that bridge. WOOHOO ! I mean Hallelujah!

Keep the unity of SPIRIT.  GOD bless you all.

ralph:
Kind of the opposite in my neck of the woods.  I've lived on Long Island most of my life and have never seen such a variety of wildlife in such a small area, my backyard.  I have hawks, owls, a variety of smaller birds including hummingbirds, groundhogs, squirrels, raccoons, rabbits, deer, turkeys, bats,  and on one occasion I saw a frog, turtle and a snake. I also have plenty of insects including beautiful butterflies.  I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I don't treat my property with anything. It's all natural.  We made friends with one of the rabbits that visits our yard. My daughter named her cinnamon.  When we are outside, she just hangs with us and eats. I've never seen a rabbit behave like that before. I am thankful for such a wonderful gift.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version