> Off Topic Discussions

The bird is freed,,,,, Twitter

(1/2) > >>

Musterseed:
Elon Musk quote.” Re. Twitter, now that he owns it.
It couldn’t become a free for all hellscape.

Meaning hellscape from Wikipedia…. A harsh environment. An unpleasant place. A scene thought
to resemble hell and wartime. There are more meanings but I’m sure you get the picture.

Anyway ,as I saw this on the news these scriptures came to mind.

Matt. 12:34… Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.

Luke 6:45.’.. What you say flows from what is in your heart (NLV)

Jer.17:9….. The heart is wicked above all else, who can know it?

ESV…. The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick, who can understand it?

Jas. 3:5…. So also the tongue is a small member, yet it boasts of great things. How great a forest
is set ablaze by such a small fire,6..and the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness.
The tongue is set among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the whole course
of nature, and set on fire by hell.( Gehenna)7.. for every kind of beast and bird , of reptile
and sea creature, can be tamed and has been tamed by mankind, 8..but no human being can
tame the tongue. It is a restless evil full of deadly poison…………etc.

VS 11…. Does a spring pour forth from the same opening both fresh and salt water?
Can a fig tree bear olives? Can a grapevine produce figs? Neither can a salt pond yield
fresh water.

Any thoughts or scriptures to add?

indianabob:
Elon paid 40 billion.
That's a lot of clout.
So he will let conservatives speak their minds he says.
For a while in order to get them accustomed to trusting that particular media source.

Then a year or two from now...when our doubts have been allayed and we feel comfortable with Twit
a subtle change may occur leading our trusting eyes in a direction we shouldn't go.

Be careful what you put out on the internet. It may come back to bite you...

octoberose:
Well, it’s probably way too late for most of us and certainly for me.  If someone really wanted to know them my political leanings are online, my ‘religious’ leanings, my health and medical opinions,  my income etc.  So I think it’s too late and I’m not going to worry about it.   I never did think Twitter was anything but a waste of effort, but maybe, considering, ……. No, I think I’d get all tangled up in endless arguing.

indianabob:
you make a good point in not worrying about it.
I think Jesus would agree with you and he said so

Mt. 25Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Musterseed:
Be careful what we put on the internet!
Do
You mean like Bible-Truths .com where we EXPOSE THOSE THAT CONTRADICT
and we name names? 😁

Besides God Owns the Internet not Elon Musk , God just loaned it to him for a little while.I’m
pretty sure it’s in the plan …cause God knows the end from the beginning.

God Bless You All

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version