bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How much truth to be saved  (Read 1810 times)

Anjel Uriel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
How much truth to be saved
« on: November 05, 2022, 01:57:02 AM »

Hey family, how you’ve all been doing? I know I haven’t been as active as I once was but I’m going through something right now and haven’t been on here (got tooth infection and it’s really painful). But, I was wondering something. Whenever I see people accept The Salvation of All, their beliefs radically change and a lot of times for the worse. Some deny that Jesus is divine and say Christ is just a mere man, others that you can sin and it doesn’t matter, others get into weird end time predictions, etc.

So I was wondering, what does a person have to believe to be saved? I personally believe that someone has to believe that Jesus Christ is The Son of God and The Savior of The Whole World. I think if you believe that and God works in your life, you’ll be in the first resurrection and God will teach you along the way.

I say this because I was wondering, do you have to be doctrinally perfect to be A Saint?. I for example, believe Jesus Christ is God’s First Creation but I know that some believe that Jesus is Eternal, I doubt God would send one of us to the Lake of Fire for being wrong on that particular point. I’ve been watching videos about Christian denominations and it’s a constant that they believe that without 100% perfect doctrine, you’ll be condemned but I don’t think that. I think God allows for a little ignorance because He knows we can’t learn everything in this life.

That’s just my thoughts and I wanted to post this to fellowship with you all, you’ve become my spiritual family and my friends. Love you all.

The LORD answered, "Could a mother forget a child who nurses at her breast? Could she fail to love an infant who came from her own body? Even if a mother could forget, I will never forget you. Isaiah 49:15

ralph

Re: How much truth to be saved
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2022, 07:07:21 AM »

Hey bro.  Nice to hear from you!    Listen to Ray's talk "Getting Saved - Hardest Thing You Will Ever Do!" ==> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyw60TBhQJo

If you have already listened to it, listen to it again. 

For the tooth infection,  Get your hands on some essential oils like black seed, clove, tea tree, peppermint,  for example.  Mix it with a carrier oil like coconut.  Swoosh it around your mouth and rinse.  Powerful stuff.

indianabob

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2022, 06:27:50 PM »

Hi again Anjel and Ralph,
There are many opinions floating out there and most are only partly based upon scripture because where scripture is not clear they add their best guess as to what it might be rather than admitting that they do not have an answer. The answer may even be in scripture but hard to find.
Also the answer may be only in the New Testament and the true statements in the O.T. are simply incomplete BECAUSE God had not revealed it to the old prophets during their life times and before Jesus' ministry.

2. The next problem is to define "salvation". To the Israelite believers of Jesus time on the earth salvation could mean God protecting His chosen people Israel and it could mean a promise of resurrection after death. All Israel had to believe was that Jesus actually was the Messiah.
Matt 16:15-17 and Jn 11:27
= = =
Mat 16:15  He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 
Mat 16:16  And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. 
Mat 16:17  And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. 
=
Joh 11:21  Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died. 
Joh 11:22  But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee. 
Joh 11:23  Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again. 
Joh 11:24  Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. 
Joh 11:25  Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 
Joh 11:26  And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? 
Joh 11:27  She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

Porter

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2022, 07:47:44 PM »

I, personally, cannot think of anything more important than to know Christ. Miracles happen when Jesus is revealed. Paul and John put it this way.

Php 3:7  But everything that was a gain to me, I have considered to be a loss because of Christ.

Php 3:8  More than that, I also consider everything to be a loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. Because of Him I have suffered the loss of all things and consider them filth, so that I may gain Christ

Php 3:9  and be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own from the law, but one that is through faith in Christ--the righteousness from God based on faith.

Php 3:10  My goal is to know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,

Php 3:11  assuming that I will somehow reach the resurrection from among the dead.

1Jn 2:3  This is how we are sure that we have come to know Him: by keeping His commands.

1Jn 2:4  The one who says, "I have come to know Him," without keeping His commands, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1Jn 2:5  But whoever keeps His word, truly in him the love of God is perfected. This is how we know we are in Him:

1Jn 2:6  the one who says he remains in Him should walk just as He walked.

Have faith by being FAITHFUL.
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2022, 08:30:08 PM »

Just to keep this tidy:

Joh 11:26 And everyone who is living and believing in Me, should by no means be dying for the eon. Are you believing this?" (Concordant)

Joh 11:26 And, no one who liveth again and believeth on me, shall in anywise die, unto times age-abiding. Believest thou this? (Rotherham) 

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2022, 12:52:48 AM »

Thank you Dennis,
I missed that part about NEVER dying that should be not dying for the next age to come.
Whereas unbelievers will miss the next age to come and must wait for the consumation at the end.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2022, 06:34:52 PM »

Saved from what?
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

ralph

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2022, 02:51:25 AM »

Saved from what?

Without salvation,  we'd be in a perpetual state of death and decrepitude, forever controlled by our carnal minds.

indianabob

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2022, 09:41:25 PM »

Saved from what?

Without salvation,  we'd be in a perpetual state of death and decrepitude, forever controlled by our carnal minds.
= =
Hi Ralph,
Not sure if I may be misunderstanding your meaning, but if a person has died then they no longer function and cannot be controlled by a carnal or fleshly mind that no longer exists.
=
Perhaps you could explain a little further,
Thanks, Indiana Bob

ralph

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2022, 11:49:02 PM »

Saved from what?

= =
Hi Ralph,
Not sure if I may be misunderstanding your meaning, but if a person has died then they no longer function and cannot be controlled by a carnal or fleshly mind that no longer exists.
=
Perhaps you could explain a little further,
Thanks, Indiana Bob

Hi Bob. Perhaps some poor word choices there. Sorry.  I am open to the possibility that I have no idea what I am talking about.

I believe 2 Peter 3:9 is a good scripture to look at.   I believe God is saving us from perishing.  This state of  “apollymi” as it is written in the greek.  One of the entries in strongs for perish is “to be lost, ruined, destroyed”.   This is not physical death.  God isn’t saving us from physical death as we all physically die.  It’s spiritual.  It’s our minds that God is after. Without Christ, we are spiritually dead.  If he doesn’t intervene and correct us through judgement, we are lost forever.  This is my understanding of salvation at least.

indianabob

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2022, 11:57:03 PM »

Thanks for your quick reply,
Gonna have to think on this a while.
My old brain takes a while to get in gear.

Bob

ralph

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2022, 01:04:03 AM »

Thanks for your quick reply,
Gonna have to think on this a while.
My old brain takes a while to get in gear.

Bob

You're welcome my friend.   I believe your brain works just fine.  I am still trying to wrap my mind around this stuff and I am not the most skilled at explaining my thoughts. Hopefully others will jump in and save us.   :)

Abednego

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2022, 10:07:29 PM »

Joh 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

If we were doctrinally perfect, we wouldn’t need to be “ guided into all truth”.
Dan 3:17  If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2022, 07:14:23 AM »

Salvation, deliverance, healing and any other reasonable translation and/or synonym are always FROM something.  "Salvation" is not some "spiritual" mustard that gets smeared on us, or handed over on a platter like a block of cheese.  I'm convinced there are as many "salvations" as there are things to be saved from.  Among these is insufficient understanding of truths.  But it's only "among" these.  The lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life cover them all, spiritually speaking.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

ralph

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2022, 09:52:15 AM »

Salvation, deliverance, healing and any other reasonable translation and/or synonym are always FROM something.  "Salvation" is not some "spiritual" mustard that gets smeared on us, or handed over on a platter like a block of cheese.  I'm convinced there are as many "salvations" as there are things to be saved from.  Among these is insufficient understanding of truths.  But it's only "among" these.  The lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life cover them all, spiritually speaking.

That's really interesting Dave.  I never quite thought of it that way.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.