> General Discussions

Dinosaurs

(1/2) > >>

waterfall77:
My question is based on a home school lesson I was doing with my kids. We do have mainstream Christian curriculums. So there are times I need the explain what the Bible is actually saying to the best of my ability.
We were reading about dinosaurs .  I know God created animals and humans on the sixth day, and the days are not 24 hours but millions of years .So my question is did God create dinosaurs then they went extinct,  then he created humans ? That's what I would think , but I'm not positive. 

Also what is the leviathan in Job 41:1 and behemoth in Job 40:15. I've always thought they were very large creatures,  but again I was positive.

Aubrey

octoberose:
  I don’t understand that millions of years thing- I never have.  I didn’t understand it when Ray talked about it and I’m not sure where I read it from him ( maybe I listened to it ?).  As science progresses, there are those who believe that archeology bears out a global flood and a young earth.  Carbon dating is not what I hang my hat on. It’s not a very exacting science to say the least.   I’m interested in what the others say about your question.

Dennis Vogel:
Not the same topic but Ray talks about dinosaurs here: https://youtu.be/C0P-HimM4Ko

indianabob:

--- Quote from: octoberose on November 06, 2022, 05:37:32 PM ---  I don’t understand that millions of years thing- I never have.  I didn’t understand it when Ray talked about it and I’m not sure where I read it from him ( maybe I listened to it ?).  As science progresses, there are those who believe that archeology bears out a global flood and a young earth.  Carbon dating is not what I hang my hat on. It’s not a very exacting science to say the least.   I’m interested in what the others say about your question.

--- End quote ---
= = =
Hi Octoberose,

There are at least two parts to this question and how we approach it.
Ray had definite ideas and the short video illustrates that to some extent.
=
My idea and approach is just this.
We don't know the age of the planet and it really doesn't matter.
If it did Scripture would note it.
The reason for men wanting to know earth's age is to allow for the theory of evolution.
Because that theory requires long periods of time.
= =
Gen 1:1  In the beginning H7225 God H430 created H1254 (H853) the heaven H8064 and the earth.H776

To aid clarity this verse above may be better stated; [ regarding humanity, in a (new) beginning God created...] read that way it doesn't lead to wondering if that was the beginning of all things or just the visible heavens and the earth and other questions that come up.
=
Since the angels and other spiritual creations that exist in the heavenlies existed before Adam it seems reasonable to presume that God created the heaven of His throne first, of course in Genesis it may be referring to only the heaven we can perceive.
=
Genesis is not a history of the Earth, it is a brief history of mankind and God's plan of salvation, AND even with a Bible in hand people still need a teacher sent by God to even begin to understand.

What matters is that we are able to believe that the first humans God created had their beginning at the time the Bible states so that we may believe the rest of what the Bible teaches.
It's important because the ancestry and authority of Lord Jesus the Christ the descendent of King David rest upon that history. (Matt 1:1-25)

octoberose:
Bob, that is beautifully expressed.  I guess the reason I spend time on trying to know is because I don’t want to believe something that is so incorrect that God says, “You didn’t believe well enough and I had it so plainly laid before you. “ And if it is a short time from the creation of man, then the waiting for His return seems like it’s sure to be sooner . Six thousand years from Adam, then…. He comes in the 7th millennial ?  It’s just my hope anyway.  I don’t know these things- they are too big for me.  He hasn’t given me clarity-   I know He will or He won’t .  It goes with what Anjel asked in another thread.  What does our God expect us to understand ? Aren’t we to search out a thing ?   I would never have found bible-truths if I hadn’t been searching for something.  I guess I never want to stop the searching.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version