bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Sentamu  (Read 3916 times)

Caralis

Dr Sentamu
« on: August 27, 2006, 05:18:06 PM »

Although I am not an Anglican, I tend to think favourably of Dr Sentamu, the Archbishop of York.

He has said that colonial rule had benefits for Africa.  (He is Ugandan.)

He has recently completed a week long vigil for peace in the Middle East (August 2006).

He is good at attracting publicity.  On Easter Sunday 2006, one newspaper had the Pope's speech on the front page, while two had Dr Sentamu on the front page.  He had spent Easter Sunday baptising people by immersion.  (I know Ray thinks water baptism is irrelevant, but there's no harm in it, and at least it was advertising Christianity.)

Beloved

Re: Dr Sentamu
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 05:40:00 PM »

Ray doesn't 'think' Baptism is irrelevant the Bible says it is doctrinal milk.

(Heb 6:1 KJVR) 
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

(Heb 6:2 KJVR) 
Of the doctrine of baptisms], and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

(Heb 6:3 KJVR)  And this will we do, if God permit.

Babes in Christ are feeding off these Milk Doctrines because they are yet carnal, as we begin to taste the meat we need to move on spiritually. Rember that these are types/ shadows of more spiritual doctrines.

It is not that it is wrong but that it is no longer needed because it is a carnal act.

(1Co 13:11 KJVR) 
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

This preacher is doing just what God has ordained, I do not know much about him but if he is bringing these people out from the sea and into the earth.... then that is what he is doing.

If you have ears to hear and eyes to see then you know that there is 'more' spiritually and that God is in Total Control of Everything. 

Beloved

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.