bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on Ray's Trinity Paper  (Read 148 times)

ralph

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Question on Ray's Trinity Paper
« on: December 01, 2022, 11:26:29 AM »

Near the top of Ray's paper on the trinity (https://bible-truths.com/trinity.html), he states:

"Four, the holy spirit is never called "God."

I believe I understand what Ray is saying here, but wanted verification.  Thank you.

I wanted to add something.  The reason I bring this up is because I sent this paper to someone on social media who was having doubts about the Trinity doctrine. This person said the above statement of rays was incorrect and then he sited the following scripture as proof that the holy spirit is called God.

John 4:24
24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

Not that I think more about this, I believe what Ray is saying is that you won't find the statement "God, The Holy Spirit" in scripture.  I could be wrong which is why I wanted clarification.  Thanks again.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 02:26:30 PM by ralph »

indianabob

Re: Question on Ray's Trinity Paper
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 03:13:55 PM »

Near the top of Ray's paper on the trinity (https://bible-truths.com/trinity.html), he states:

"Four, the holy spirit is never called "God."

I believe I understand what Ray is saying here, but wanted verification.  Thank you.

I wanted to add something.  The reason I bring this up is because I sent this paper to someone on social media who was having doubts about the Trinity doctrine. This person said the above statement of rays was incorrect and then he sited the following scripture as proof that the holy spirit is called God.

Hi
John 4:24
24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

Not that I think more about this, I believe what Ray is saying is that you won't find the statement "God, The Holy Spirit" in scripture.  I could be wrong which is why I wanted clarification.  Thanks again.
= =

Hi ralph,
Good question. I understand that Ray was explaining that the spirit of God is not a person of any description and certainly not part of a three
person god head. So that leaves only two real persons to debate about concerning who is a god or God. In my understanding that leaves God the Father from whom all things come and God the son through whom all things other than the Father come. (?) smile
=
So then we could say God is spirit or not seen and no one has ever seen God or ever heard a voice of God. God does manifest in the form of wind or fire or cloud but that is not God, it is a physical manifestation sent by God to get our attention or teach us a lesson.
=
The English word spirit is from the Hebrew ruach or the Greek pneuma, both of which mean breath or moving air or wind which has an effect in the earthly environment while yet being invisible so that we know of the "breath" only because of it's effect and not by seeing it manifested.

See Ezek 37:9
Jn 3:8
Jn 20:22
Acts 2:2
=
2Tim 3:16 = inspiration of God, breathing in of God's thoughts or spirit for our learning.

ralph

Re: Question on Ray's Trinity Paper
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 04:39:48 AM »

Thank you Bob.  I appreciate the response.  Much love bro.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.