> Off Topic Discussions

Having trouble coping....

(1/4) > >>

ralph:
Hi folks,

I'm having a very difficult time coping with the sickness and depravity that I am seeing on a daily basis, especially with regards to the children. Story after story of children going through unspeakable things is really taking a toll on me emotionally, especially as a father trying to raise a young daughter.   It's difficult enough raising a healthy child, and is now becoming darn near impossible in this sick world. I believe I brought this up before not that long ago, but I just saw a story online that hit me hard. I am not putting myself above anyone else as I sit here and reflect on this because I know how sick I used to be and the things within myself that still need to be cleaned up.  I believe it's the depravity and sickness of the carnal mind and what it's capable of that is affecting me so deeply and how I long for Christ to come and put an end to it, both in myself and in the world.

Wendy:
Hi Ralph

These are trouble times and they just seems to get worse it is hard when our families are affected and especially the children .I pray that God helps you through this.
Take care
God bless
Wendy

ralph:
Thank you Wendy.

indianabob:
Friend Ralph,

One way to limit the effect of the worlds problems is to avoid the news of the day and
focus our attention elsewhere. We don't need to be concerned over how it may affect us
or our loved ones, God is our protector.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me — put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you (Philippians 4:8-9).

ralph:

--- Quote from: indianabob on December 04, 2022, 02:37:17 PM ---Friend Ralph,

One way to limit the effect of the worlds problems is to avoid the news of the day and
focus our attention elsewhere. We don't need to be concerned over how it may affect us
or our loved ones, God is our protector.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me — put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you (Philippians 4:8-9).

--- End quote ---

Thanks Bob.  I don't spend a great deal of time on social media. These terrible things are happening so often now making it very difficult to avoid.  It's not just the news though. Things are quite turbulent in my life right now and I had a bit of break down.  Feeling better today. Thanks again Bob.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version