> Off Topic Discussions

Having trouble coping....

<< < (2/4) > >>

Musterseed:
Hang in there Ralph. All things lead to God, even the painful stuff , much tribulation.

May God comfort you , In Christ, Pamela

seaofglass:
Jesus Weeps over Jerusalem

41 And when he drew near and saw the city, he wept over it, 42 saying, “Would that you, even you, had known on this day the things that make for peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes. 43 For the days will come upon you, when your enemies will set up a barricade around you and surround you and hem you in on every side 44 and tear you down to the ground, you and your children within you. And they will not leave one stone upon another in you, because you did not know the time of your visitation.”

The entire creation will one day never even want to remember what sin is,  the result of sin in this life will be enough.   The glorious life beyond this is unimaginable.  Forcus on the goal.

Dynamo54:
I agree that these are very tough times to watch what is happening in the world. I tell my wife that what is happening is supposed to happen as God has planned all and His will shall be done. She does not like to hear that because she thinks if we would all just repent (that free will thing again) that God will stop what is happening. I no longer tell her that it is not about what we can do to make things happen (I.e., WORKS). Even though I hate what I see, and especially to our country, I am sanguine about it NOW, after Ray’s teaching. I know that it will all work out in the end, and we will ALL have immortality with and in the Elohim family. What could be more wonderful than that?

ralph:

--- Quote from: Dynamo54 on December 05, 2022, 11:48:29 PM ---I agree that these are very tough times to watch what is happening in the world. I tell my wife that what is happening is supposed to happen as God has planned all and His will shall be done. She does not like to hear that because she thinks if we would all just repent (that free will thing again) that God will stop what is happening. I no longer tell her that it is not about what we can do to make things happen (I.e., WORKS). Even though I hate what I see, and especially to our country, I am sanguine about it NOW, after Ray’s teaching. I know that it will all work out in the end, and we will ALL have immortality with and in the Elohim family. What could be more wonderful than that?

--- End quote ---

Yes, I know all will be right in the end, but that, for me at least, doesn't make the pain disappear.

Even Jesus was moved and wept upon seeing the people weeping for Lazarus, knowing that in a few short moments he would raise him from the dead.

These victims are alone in their suffering.  They don't have the same comfort that we have.  It's just a very sad thing to witness and from time to time, it gets the better of me.  Thank you everyone for taking the time and for your responses. 

Porter:
Here's a great quote from Mr. Rogers.

When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, “look for the helpers, you will always find people who are helping”.

Not only did God create evil, He created good too. It's easy to find the bad, but if you look, you can find the good too. Often, good and bad are in the same place at the same time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version