> Off Topic Discussions

Hello everyone.

<< < (4/4)

Porter:
Thanks for the replies, Dennis and ralph. I know it sounds simple, and I've considered that line of thought in relation to the verses. I guess it's just one of those things I can't fully understand at this time.

Going to have another read of that paper 'does God learn'.

Dave in Tenn:
There are at least two ways that I have not found helpful.  The first is Theology.  The second is using Bible verses--especially in an attempt to turn them into theology.  If the 12 Keys for understanding scripture ever have any application, it is absolutely on this "topic".  But this is not even the end of it.

There are two ways that I HAVE found useful. 

1.  ...in the things that have been made.  In creation.  To me, this is not simply the "study of the physical and natural world" (though this is certainly part of it).  It's in our own thinking about "creation" itself--the "creating".  What we imagine, understand, or imagine we understand about "the creating" plays a huge role in how we deal with the issue.  The further I have distanced myself from sunday school, the clearer it has become.

2.  In Christ.  If we really believe that Jesus is the express image of God (and other similar pronouncements) then follow Him.  All things were made by and for Him.  Including us.  He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the Author and finisher of our faith. 

And two things have encouraged me as I continue to grope and weigh "options" from the alleged wise, though many wouldn't find it encouraging at all.

1.  But who is able to build him an house, seeing the heaven and heaven of heavens (spiritually, the collective mind of all individual minds) cannot contain him?  Who am I then, that I should build him an house, save only to burn sacrifice before him?  Theologians want to build Him a "house".

2.  Jer 31:34  And they shall no more teach each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD;' for they shall all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," says the LORD. "For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sins no more."      

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version