> Off Topic Discussions

Foolishness.

<< < (2/2)

Dave in Tenn:
1Co 1:17  For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to proclaim the gospel, not with clever speech, lest the cross of Christ be emptied. 
1Co 1:18  For the message about the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 
1Co 1:19  For it is written, "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the intelligence of the intelligent I will confound." 
1Co 1:20  Where is the wise person? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 
1Co 1:21  For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom did not know God, God was pleased through the foolishness of preaching to save those who believe. 
1Co 1:22  For indeed, Jews ask for sign miracles and Greeks seek wisdom, 
1Co 1:23  but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a cause for stumbling, but to the Gentiles foolishness, 
1Co 1:24  but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God. 
1Co 1:25  For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

What is the message of the cross? 

ralph:
I was always perplexed by this scripture. I am thinking about the major catalysts that distanced me from the orthodox church.  For me it was the preaching of hell, tithing, and other "foolish" doctrines.   When I heard the truth being preached however, I did not consider it foolish, but great nourishment, a lifeline.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version