bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Broken  (Read 3605 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Broken
« on: January 04, 2023, 07:39:22 PM »

Ya’ll , I broke my back .  I fell off a step stool two nights ago .  Just found out and I’m stunned and upset .  I can walk but I’m in pain .  I don’t know what treatment will look like yet because I need an mRI .  I’m scared and I’m so upset because we were going to take care of our grandchildren for over a week . Please pray with me .

Porter

Re: Broken
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 09:25:33 PM »

That sounds terrible, octorberose. Praying for an amicable outcome!

Do you not get to see your grandchildren much? I haven't seen my granddaughter in almost a year because they live so far away. I miss her dearly.
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

ralph

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 09:46:28 PM »

Oh man, that's horrible.  :(  Of course I will pray with you. 

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023, 10:08:51 AM »

No more ladders, step stools, etc. from now on. After a while we're too old for that.

I have a friend who has fallen twice and the last time he was on a ladder against a pole and and fell about 11 feet which put him in the hospital for three months. He died in the hospital a few weeks ago at 67 years old.

I've been cleaning the roof of my house three times a year for the last 30 years. The last time, about a year ago, I was a little shaky getting back down on the ladder and said to myself that's the last time.

When we get older we can get in a state of denial about our age (pride of life?). I pray you get better. Please let us know what they say.

octoberose

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2023, 11:13:27 AM »

Well, at 66 I thought a step stool to dust a shelf was not a risky move! I just hopped up on it and wasn’t careful and it slid.    I have three grandchildren near me and two that are in a different state - and those are the two I can’t go fly to see now.   

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2023, 12:28:02 PM »

Oh October Rose, that’s awful. Of course I will pray for a quick recovery.

God Bless You and yours.

In Christ
Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

waterfall77

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2023, 01:10:05 PM »

I don't know what protocol the Doctor will have for you. They may even suggest this, but I would highly recommend physical therapy at some point. I'll be praying.
Aubrey

indianabob

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2023, 01:26:29 PM »

Ya’ll , I broke my back .  I fell off a step stool two nights ago .  Just found out and I’m stunned and upset .  I can walk but I’m in pain .  I don’t know what treatment will look like yet because I need an mRI .  I’m scared and I’m so upset because we were going to take care of our grandchildren for over a week . Please pray with me .
= = =
Life is a constant struggle for those who care.
We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Bob

Joel

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2023, 11:43:01 PM »

Sorry to hear that but I know how that feels, I fell off a step stool back in early 2021.
I gave up on anything to climb on. praying all goes well.

Joel

Wendy

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2023, 05:45:02 AM »

I pray the good Lord heals you .and you have a speedy recovery.
God bless
Wendy

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2023, 07:02:01 PM »

Well, at 66 I thought a step stool to dust a shelf was not a risky move! I just hopped up on it and wasn’t careful and it slid.    I have three grandchildren near me and two that are in a different state - and those are the two I can’t go fly to see now.

I'm sorry I overreacted - But I'm still mad at my now dead friend. What was he thinking?

Your experience may make you extra careful next time you're on the step stool? When we get really old falls can result in a broken hip that many times result in death from being in traction for several months.

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2023, 11:49:51 PM »

Will keep you in my prayers...my godmother broke her back sledding so I have an idea of what you will be facing; she made a good recovery but dont know how she did doing daily activies or what pain she may have lived with; she was always cheerful so hope you remain optomistic

octoberose

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2023, 02:05:17 AM »

This is daunting for sure . I’m moving very slowly - getting out of bed hurts .  But I can take a shower and sit in the  living room .  But , gratefully I am lying in bed right now without much pain .  And yes , I have pain meds. I’m praying I walk through this in faith , be a cooperative patient , and doing what I need to heal .I’m grateful for this community to help me with your prayers .

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2023, 07:59:38 PM »

Obviously, the easier you take it the more quickly things can knit back together.  Are the grandkids old enough to more or less fend for themselves?  Might still turn into a lovely visit...I don't know. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

octoberose

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2023, 08:18:27 PM »

Well, they don’t want me in a plane.   And I’m waiting for the MRI and neurosurgeon so can’t really leave.    I’m at a disadvantaged being in a town I’ve only lived in for a year and a half but I have friends here already who can help in the neurosurgeon search.  In a way I might be better today then yesterday so that’s interesting.    Doing everything I can to keep inflammation now.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2023, 11:32:02 PM »

Sorry.  I thought they were coming to your place.  Hang in there.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

octoberose

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2023, 12:32:53 AM »

I finally saw the neurosurgeon today after the MRI last week .  There’s a procedure called KYROPLASTY and that’s how he’s going to fix my back .  I don’t even spend the night and it’s not as invasive as a normal back surgery and recovery is much easier .  I found I was getting scared and emotional waiting for the doc and when he left I was just so grateful to God for this plan .  I’ll have it done next Friday.  *I appreciate the prayers and I’ll let you know how it goes .

ralph

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2023, 05:39:58 AM »

I finally saw the neurosurgeon today after the MRI last week .  There’s a procedure called KYROPLASTY and that’s how he’s going to fix my back .  I don’t even spend the night and it’s not as invasive as a normal back surgery and recovery is much easier .  I found I was getting scared and emotional waiting for the doc and when he left I was just so grateful to God for this plan .  I’ll have it done next Friday.  *I appreciate the prayers and I’ll let you know how it goes .

That's good news my friend.  Praying for a successful surgery.  God bless.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2023, 07:49:34 AM »

Good news indeed Octoberose. May Our Lord be with you always.
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 24 queries.