bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Verses  (Read 885 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Verses
« on: January 09, 2023, 01:41:39 AM »

Considering my current circumstances, I was thinking I’d really appreciate knowing some of your passages of scripture that give you the greatest comfort and direction. I’ve been spending a lot of time in Psalm- I particularly like 121. “…The Lord is your keeper: the Lord is your shade on your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night…

Porter

Re: Verses
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 01:49:19 AM »

1Pe 4:12  Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

1Pe 4:13  But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

I meditate on this one regularly, and it helps occasionally. I'm starting to believe trails, tribulations, and sufferings are supposed to feel terrible as you go through them. Feels like “prison” to be honest. My only hope is “when His glory shall be revealed”.
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Wendy

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 06:12:13 AM »

I like psalms 91 there's even a song about it
There is a lot in psalms that are very comforting words
God bless
Wendy
I pray your situation gets better for you😇

waterfall77

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 04:51:27 PM »

Deuteronomy 31:8,
Aubrey

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2023, 04:54:51 PM »

Philippians 4:5-8

"The Lord is at hand; 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. "

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2023, 05:19:57 PM »

John 14:23…. If a man love Me, he will keep My words :
And My Father will love him, and We will come unto him
( this is us if we love God) and make our abode.

ECC.3:1…. To EVERYTHING there is a season , a TIME ( an appointed time) for every
                 purpose under heaven. ,,,,, ( no free will)

And it’s all of God. We are so very blessed. Praise God.

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Abednego

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2023, 05:40:38 PM »

Might seem weird, but I don't really use scriptures  during troubled times. Mainstream religions say God is in charge, but now I understand that they say it but don't act as if it's true. I am coming to understand just how in control God really is (total), and what works for me is to just meditate on that. I just think about it over and over, and that's what really gets me through the hard spots.
Dan 3:17  If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.

Extol

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2023, 06:30:23 PM »

My favorite is Psalm 84, especially these parts:

1 How endearing is Your Grand Tabernacle, O Yahweh of hosts.
2 My soul longs for and even consumes for the courts of Yahweh; My heart and my flesh, they are appealing to the living El.
10 For better is a day in Your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would choose to sweep in the House of my Elohim, Rather than abide in the tents of wickedness.

Much better days are ahead, better than we can imagine.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2023, 07:25:16 PM »

This isn't scripture, but it's clearly taught for those with eyes and ears. 

Everything is good in the end.  If it isn't good yet, it isn't the end yet.

Joh 1:3  All through him exists, and apart from him exists not even one thing which exists. 
Act 17:28  For in Him we live and move and exist, as also some of the poets among you have said, For we are also His offspring.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.