> General Discussions

Verses

(1/2) > >>

octoberose:
Considering my current circumstances, I was thinking I’d really appreciate knowing some of your passages of scripture that give you the greatest comfort and direction. I’ve been spending a lot of time in Psalm- I particularly like 121. “…The Lord is your keeper: the Lord is your shade on your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night…

Porter:
1Pe 4:12  Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

1Pe 4:13  But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

I meditate on this one regularly, and it helps occasionally. I'm starting to believe trails, tribulations, and sufferings are supposed to feel terrible as you go through them. Feels like “prison” to be honest. My only hope is “when His glory shall be revealed”.

Wendy:
I like psalms 91 there's even a song about it
There is a lot in psalms that are very comforting words
God bless
Wendy
I pray your situation gets better for you😇

waterfall77:
Deuteronomy 31:8,
Aubrey

Rene:
Philippians 4:5-8

"The Lord is at hand; 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. "

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version