bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An interesting fact about the heart  (Read 1728 times)

ZekeSr

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
An interesting fact about the heart
« on: February 07, 2023, 02:45:17 PM »

I’m sure we all know that the heart is often used as a metaphor for thoughts and emotions. I don’t know how often it is used in Scripture, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it may be in the hundreds. Well, it seems that there might be more to it than mere metaphor. It is scientifically proven that there are, on average, 40,000 neurons in the heart that send more signals to the brain than vice versa.
According to PubMed: “The heart is not just a pump. It has its neural network or "little brain." The methods targeting the heart modulate pain regions in the brain. These methods seem to modulate the key changes that occur in the brain regions and are involved in the cognitive and emotional factors of pain. Thus, the heart is probably a key moderator of pain.”

There is ongoing research which also seems to indicate that the heart is an information processing center that can learn, remember, and act independently of the cranial brain.

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.