> General Discussions

No condemnation

(1/4) > >>

Dynamo54:
Romans 8:1, Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.”

This on the surface seems easy to understand…but is it?

Ray used this scripture a few times in his Bible study videos and recordings. He said (paraphrasing)”who can condemn you if God does not”.

Well, I will tell you who….I condemn myself. When my thoughts and actions are not in accordance with the mind of Christ…I condemn myself and am miserable. And I ask God’s forgiveness and a few days or a week later, I am again condemning myself and then asking forgiveness, and then some time later it starts all over again!

The scriptures says there is NO condemnation…but there is…from me.

Maybe the “rub” in the scripture is that you have to be in Christ. I think and hope I am! Yet there is the same failing/falling/repentance….over and over and over again. And every time I condemn myself.

So that scripture is not cut and dried.

Bob:
I'm pretty sure you are not alone with your thinking. I have been like you, experiencing the same thoughts and feelings for almost 60 years. At 83 I see self condemnation, as  part of a learning process, not as a death sentence. This being meant to keep us humble. I see the lake of fire as a period of teaching and learning, which we as Christians experience now. Every one else will have their turn in the lake of fire later."When Gods precepts are in the world ,the whole world will learn righteousness". I think there are Christians who will be shocked when they get to see who they really are when they get to experience the lake of fire. As for now we know who we are, and what we are. At the end of the day after beating myself up spiritually, I can truly understand and say THANK GOD FOR JESUS CHRIST. Florida Bob

Dynamo54:
Thanks Bob….appreciate your earned, learned wisdom.

ralph:

--- Quote from: Dynamo54 on March 03, 2023, 12:22:20 AM ---Romans 8:1, Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.”

This on the surface seems easy to understand…but is it?

Ray used this scripture a few times in his Bible study videos and recordings. He said (paraphrasing)”who can condemn you if God does not”.

Well, I will tell you who….I condemn myself. When my thoughts and actions are not in accordance with the mind of Christ…I condemn myself and am miserable. And I ask God’s forgiveness and a few days or a week later, I am again condemning myself and then asking forgiveness, and then some time later it starts all over again!

The scriptures says there is NO condemnation…but there is…from me.

Maybe the “rub” in the scripture is that you have to be in Christ. I think and hope I am! Yet there is the same failing/falling/repentance….over and over and over again. And every time I condemn myself.

So that scripture is not cut and dried.

--- End quote ---

I am right there with you my friend. It has been a very long and painful process but here is the best part.  I am not the same person I was just a few years ago.  I see growth. I can see the sewer that God dragged me out of and I don't want to go back.  I know without him, without his chastening grace, I'd be no different than the rest of the world.

Mark 2:17
17 When Jesus heard it, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”

1 Corinthians 1:27-29
27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; 28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, 29 that no flesh should glory in His presence.

2 Corinthians 12:9-11
9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

indianabob:

--- Quote from: Bob on March 03, 2023, 09:24:26 AM ---I'm pretty sure you are not alone with your thinking. I have been like you, experiencing the same thoughts and feelings for almost 60 years. At 83 I see self condemnation, as  part of a learning process, not as a death sentence. This being meant to keep us humble. I see the lake of fire as a period of teaching and learning, which we as Christians experience now. Every one else will have their turn in the lake of fire later."When Gods precepts are in the world ,the whole world will learn righteousness". I think there are Christians who will be shocked when they get to see who they really are when they get to experience the lake of fire. As for now we know who we are, and what we are. At the end of the day after beating myself up spiritually, I can truly understand and say THANK GOD FOR JESUS CHRIST. Florida Bob

--- End quote ---

Hi Florida Bob

Thanks for your comments about our correction in this life and its benefits.
I have only this to add.
Believers are being judged now in this life in preparation for their resurrection at Christ's return.
Those cast into the Lake of Fire will be dead and not conscious or able to be taught.

Indy Bob
=  =

1Pe 4:16  Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
1Pe 4:17  For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
1Pe 4:18  And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Judgment Before the Great White Throne
=
Rev 20:11  And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12  And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13  And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14  And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. *[killed again]
= =
Rev 21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version