> General Discussions

No condemnation

<< < (2/4) > >>

Bob:
The first time I met Ray was at the 2009 Mobile conference. I had no Idea as to what the subject would be. Imagine my surprise when the subject was
"I can't stop sinning". As I can best recall he then said " aren't you glad you came" Well Duh, Here is a link from back then in regards to comments from the conference. Especially helpful is KATS comment.

https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,11061.msg95447.html#msg95447

Dynamo54:
Thanks Bob. I first came to BT in 2019, but did not contact anyone for a couple of years. I spent hours and hours reviewing questions and answers of different topics and was always struck by how insightful Kat’s comments were, and how she ALWAYS directed back to what Ray had taught. It got to where when I started reading a topic’s thread I would look first for her comments before reading the others. When I finally came aboard here I asked about Kat because I had not seen her posts for awhile and thought she might have passed.  Dennis informed me she no longer posts on the forum for her own reasons. Her input is missed, at least by me. 😀

Bob:
My thoughts exactly, I did the same as you. Thanks' for sharing, Florida Bob

indianabob:
Hi again Florida Bob,
One further comment just to be clear on one point that you made in the first reply.
You said,
"I think there are Christians who will be shocked when they get to see who they really are when they get to experience the lake of fire."

It is my understanding that no one will get to "experience" the lake of fire.
It will just be done to them.
They will be cast into it and die the second death...so they may experience a minute or two of extreme pain and then blackness.
It is not a teaching event, but rather a penalty for their works of sin that gained them rejection during the next ages to come, but then they will receive life after those ages at the final consummation when death will be eliminated and all will live.

If I misunderstand please correct me.

Indy bob

Dave in Tenn:

--- Quote from: indianabob on March 04, 2023, 08:22:31 PM ---Hi again Florida Bob,
One further comment just to be clear on one point that you made in the first reply.
You said,
"I think there are Christians who will be shocked when they get to see who they really are when they get to experience the lake of fire."

It is my understanding that no one will get to "experience" the lake of fire.
It will just be done to them.
They will be cast into it and die the second death...so they may experience a minute or two of extreme pain and then blackness.
It is not a teaching event, but rather a penalty for their works of sin that gained them rejection during the next ages to come, but then they will receive life after those ages at the final consummation when death will be eliminated and all will live.

If I misunderstand please correct me.

Indy bob

--- End quote ---

Bob, that is so contrary to what Ray taught I am having trouble believing I have to explain.  The "Second Death" is judgement.  "When His judgements are on the earth, the WHOLE WORLD will learn righteousness".  LEARNING RIGHTEOUSNESS IS the result of a "teaching event".  Judgement now, or judgement later.  Two judgements, ONE FIRE. 

The "wages" of sin is death.  Not a "second literal death" or a "literal second death".  That's left-over christian theology, apparently promoted by people who don't like the thought that those "sinners" get off so "easy".  Try being judged NOW, if you think it's easy.  That's what started this thread.  The Resurrection of the Just differs from the Resurrection of the Unjust either in order, or quality, or both, but the Elect are going to judge even angels.  That's the POINT of Election--the salvation of the world. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version