bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Texas Ratio  (Read 3241 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Texas Ratio
« on: March 13, 2023, 04:23:52 PM »

Here is one way to tell if your bank is in trouble. Very few people know about this. It's called the Texas Ratio.

This site uses metrics to evaluate the health of banks using the ‘Texas Ratio’:  https://www.depositaccounts.com/banks/health.aspx#texas  Just look for your bank.

“The Texas ratio assesses a bank's financial position. The ratio is non-performing assets divided by the sum of a bank's tangible common equity and loan loss reserves. The higher the Texas ratio the more financial trouble a bank might be in. A high Texas ratio, however, doesn't mean the bank will go bankrupt” (Google).

Old but short video that explains the ‘Texas Ratio’:  https://youtu.be/uaet_kOsp-8

indianabob

Re: Texas Ratio
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 03:13:30 PM »

Dennis,
Thanks for the information on Texas ratio.
I checked and my bank ratio was 2.1 so I guess that I'm relatively safe.
Plus I have my loan and my checking account in the same institution.
So if they close my  checking account...will they forgive my loan payment too??
Indy bob

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 04:52:01 PM »

🤔 Isaiah 10:13…. and
Isaiah 10:14,,,,,, My hand has found like a nest , the wealth of the peoples;
                          And as one gathers eggs that have been forsaken, so I have
                          gathered all the earth; and there was none that moved a wing
                          or opened a mouth or chirped.

nest- egg …. do these scriptures have anything to do with the wealth of the nation’s?
What does it mean, eggs that have been forsaken?

Would appreciate your help family, Thanks 😊
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023, 06:21:28 PM »

Those that live through and are protected through the coming tribulation,(s) may still lose all their savings and
will still have to witness their friends and relatives suffer until the Lord returns to establish His government over the earth.
=
Some are dealing with that situation even now in a smaller local basis, but it is prophesied to become much worse.
Example is the earthquake in Turkie last month.
50,000 dead and 800,000 homeless in one day and no hospitals functioning.
=
Just my view of what seems logical based upon O.T. history.
indy bob
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 06:27:22 PM by indianabob »

ralph

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023, 08:03:43 PM »

I'm broke.  I live paycheck to paycheck and have exactly 0 dollars in savings and it's been like that for much of my adult life.

With God's plan though, I am one of the richest people on earth:

Matthew 6:19-21
19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Porter

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2023, 08:45:22 PM »

🤔 Isaiah 10:13…. and
Isaiah 10:14,,,,,, My hand has found like a nest , the wealth of the peoples;
                          And as one gathers eggs that have been forsaken, so I have
                          gathered all the earth; and there was none that moved a wing
                          or opened a mouth or chirped.

nest- egg …. do these scriptures have anything to do with the wealth of the nation’s?
What does it mean, eggs that have been forsaken?

Would appreciate your help family, Thanks 😊

It has everything to do with the wealth of the nations, at least from the King of Assyria's perspective. But as you know, these things were written for our admonition, to warn us. The King of Assyria was boasting in quite the proud manner. It is equivalent to someone nowadays boasting like this: “it's like taking candy from a baby”.

https://bible-truths.com/kennedy2.htm

THE KING OF ASSYRIA

The king of Assyria was as proud of his “free will” as theologians are of theirs:    "Woe, Assyria! Club of My anger! And a rod! He, in their hand, is my menace! Among a nation polluted will I send him. And against a people, object of My rage, will I instruct him. To loot, loot and to plunder, plunder, And to place them for tramping, as the clay of the streets. Yet he, not so is he planning, And his heart, not so is devising. For to exterminate is in his heart, And to cut off nations not a few." (Isa. 10:5-7)

"I will visit evil on the fruit of the insolent heart of the king of Assyria. And the high beauty of his eyes. For, says he, "By the vigor of my hand I did it, And by my wisdom, for understanding have I." (Vers. 12-13).

And what does God have to say concerning this King of Assyria's self-appointed proud "free will" heart?

"Will the axe [Assyrian King] beautify itself over the one [God] hewing with it? Should the chief's mace magnify itself over the one [God] waving it? As if a club is also waving the one raising it! As if a rod is raising one who is not wood!" (Isa. 10:15).

God says He used the Assyrian King just as surely as if the King were an axe in God's own hand. This was all of God. But the King, he didn't think so. That's not what was in his mind. Ver. 5 is so clear and so simple to understand: "Oh Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation."

It wouldn't matter if there were a place in Scripture that lumped altogether every single concept of man's choices, powers, abilities, authority, talents, intentions, desires, wishes, plans, sayings and doings into one single verse; it still wouldn't prove that man has a "free will." Why? Because God claims to operate it all (Eph. 11:1).

Surely you can see from Isaiah 10 that that is how God operates. If one refuses to see this, then he is stubborn as to the truth.

The king of Assyria did say, in effect, that by himself, he planned and carried out his own choices according to what his heart desired. But GOD says that He Himself did it. God planned it and God carried it out. And furthermore, God punished the king for being so proud and haughty as to think he did it himself. He actually did what God caused him to do. This was not wrong on God's part. It will be good for the king of Assyria to understand this in resurrection. He will be embarrassed by his own vanity and will give glory to God (Phil. 2:11).
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 09:11:20 PM by Porter »
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2023, 11:56:56 AM »

Dennis,
Thanks for the information on Texas ratio.
I checked and my bank ratio was 2.1 so I guess that I'm relatively safe.
Plus I have my loan and my checking account in the same institution.
So if they close my  checking account...will they forgive my loan payment too??
Indy bob

Don't ask me questions Bob  :) I can't give you advice.

But 2.1 is excellent. I bank at PNC and their Texas Ration is about 9 which is also excellent.

As the video says, anything over 100 and perhaps you should change banks?

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2023, 01:32:31 PM »

Amen to all your posts and thank you.

Yes Ibob we are certainly in the thick of it. More and more every day.

I’m with you on that Ralph. Paycheque to paycheque. I told my husband
not to be surprised if we don’t get our pension this month.

I totally agree on your post Porter. It’s that darn free Will . I marvel ,watching
human behaviour. This blindness is supernatural for sure. I try not to worry
for my children and grandchildren and keep reminding myself that God has placed them exactly where He wants them, but sometimes it’s very difficult, very difficult 😞

Thanks again Dennis for keeping us in the loop and for your hard work.
also our mods. 💕

We have been with the same bank since we were young adults in our twenties.
The Royal Bank of Canada is the biggest here and they just bought HSBC🤔
Ever heard of that one? It has quite a history globally.

God Bless you all.
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

zvezda

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2023, 12:49:33 AM »

That website probably is not up to date or reliable. It shows that Signature Bank has a Texas Ratio of 2.48%, which is excellent, even though it already failed. And First Republic Bank has a Texas ratio of 0.80%, which is also excellent, even though it's been downgraded to junk by Fitch Ratings and S&P Global Ratings.

Matt 25:27
Then you should have deposited my money with the bankers [5133 trapezités], and on my return I would have received it back with interest.

Luke 19:23
Why then did you not put my money in the bank [5132 trapeza], that at my coming I might have collected it with interest?’

I know it's a parable and is not literal, but it's interesting that bank is used in the parable, as if He approves/encourages this kind of business.

The word "bank" in Greek (5132 trapeza) also means "table".

trapeza: a table, dining table
Original Word: τράπεζα, ης, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: trapeza
Phonetic Spelling: (trap'-ed-zah)
Definition: a table, dining table
Usage: a table, (a) for food or banqueting, (b) for money-changing or business.

Matt 21:12
Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables [5132 trapeza] of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2023, 11:33:26 AM »

Thank you - If you can believe Janet Yellen, then don't worry about it. She just announced the Feds will not allow any of the banks to fail.

“Our intervention was necessary to protect the broader US banking system, and similar actions could be warranted if smaller institutions suffer deposit runs that pose the risk of contagion,” Yellen said in remarks to an American Bankers Association conference in Washington.

The federal government “is resolutely committed” to mitigating financial-stability risks where necessary, Yellen said in a question-and-answer session. “The public should have confidence in our banking system.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-03-21/yellen-says-us-will-intervene-if-needed-to-protect-smaller-banks

zvezda

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2023, 01:34:00 AM »

Nah, I don't trust her. She says different things everyday. Yesterday she said the Fed would not allow the banks to fail, today she said she's not considering "blanket insurance" for bank deposits. She even claimed that we have "an economy that is performing very well."  ::)

We shouldn't be worried though. Our worldly wealth is from God, He can do whatever He wants with it.

Matt 6
19 Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2023, 09:31:26 PM »

Perhaps this could be useful:  Banks Ranked by Derivatives

https://www.usbanklocations.com/bank-rank/derivatives.html

indianabob

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2023, 01:40:27 AM »

Thanks Dennis,
My bank, Lake City Bank is rated #179 at 760 million

ZekeSr

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2023, 03:30:01 PM »

Go to Weiss Ratings ... Weissratings.com
You can check every bank, credit union and more as to how they rate compared to each other. It's a very good site. Been around for a long time with an excellent reputation.

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.