bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Work of the elect  (Read 2596 times)

Mzantsi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Work of the elect
« on: March 19, 2023, 08:16:18 AM »

The amount of work that awaits us(elect) in the age to come is plenty. We are going to solve the problems of this world,unify something like billions upon billions of human beings from Adam's time. That is a lot of work and DIFFICULT,even if we will be immortal.

Do you'll think about such things?
Amo 5:20 (ISV) Will not the Day of the LORD be darkness, and not light—   pitch black at that, without a ray of sunshine?

indianabob

Re: Work of the elect
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 01:36:28 PM »

Good day NA and welcome to the forum.

You make an interesting point about the coming age and all that will be accomplished through Christ Jesus.
I may point out that the work will be energized by us having the spirit of Christ in full measure and I understand that there will be a global new language among other improvements so that our ability to teach and encourage will be quite different than at the present time.

We look forward to hearing more from you and learning more of your personal journey of faith.

Warm regards, Indiana Bob age 87

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2023, 02:29:27 PM »

Welcome NA.
Mark 10:27…. Jesus looked at them and said ,” with man this is impossible,
but with God , all things are possible.

I like to think about the resurrection of all the dead and every knee
bowing to our Lord. I can’t even imagine what a kingdom with no
end looks like but I know , we will know at its appointed time . I think
Ray taught about it being like a circle ⭕️. This is my understanding.
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

mike kyner

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2023, 08:41:50 PM »

I think once the vail is lifted folks will be much more receptive to Christ...Paul didn't hold out long

Dynamo54

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2023, 05:08:09 AM »

Yes NA, I do think about this often. Ray taught that no men or women were converted by Christ during His ministry, and they were not converted until His resurrection and their receiving the Holy Spirit. How many have truly been converted since that time? We of course do not know how many, but we know that it is relatively few compared to all that have lived.

I read that it is estimated that between 50 and 100 billion people have been born since Adam. I think about that number and the logistics of resurrecting that many people to live a life like we are doing now…subject to God’s “fire”, purifying our minds and thoughts and actions, and putting on the mind of Christ. All people born will have to also live some period of time and deal with overcoming this carnal mind. There will be no magic formula for them just as there is not for those God is calling and perfecting now.

Given the magnitude of this event (the resurrection to physical life again of all people) I have thought that the   “White Throne Judgement “ period could possibly last for thousands or tens of thousands of years. The Elect will be made kings, and priests and saviors, to work/Shepard all of the people. But can 100 billion people all be resurrected at one time to live a physical life together at the same time?  I just don’t see it happening that way. We don’t how many elect there will be, but we know it will be “few”. Revelation speaks of Christ returning with tens of thousands of His Saints. Is that the number? Even if there will be millions of Saints (but I don’t see that in scripture) that will still be a drop in the bucket compared to all that have ever lived.

Since Ray has shown how creation of the physical took billions of years, is it out of the realm of possibility that final creation of billions of spiritual sons and daughters of God would not take many years?  I could see people resurrected according to a set plan and time table. Living and overcoming and then being born into the Elohim family…and then the next planned group being resurrected to life. Doesn’t it say in scripture there is a time for everything (and for everybody)?

So yes it will be a lot of work. How humbling is it to think about being a part of the greatest project in the history of the universe?  Pretty humbling. May that “day” or yom come soon.
The Eternal, He is God!

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2023, 07:46:46 PM »

My thoughts on this are similar to yours, Dynamo54.  I certainly can't offer scriptural "proof" in support of these thoughts, but the saying of Jesus that the first shall be last and the last first may well give some insight into the timing of these matters.  The "dead in Christ shall arise first", and other passages lean me towards a kind of "history in reverse" imagination.  It's not a theological hill I am prepared to die on, but there it is regardless.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2023, 10:28:35 PM »

Dave could you elaborate a little more on the passages you are talking about,
history in reverse. Thank you.

In two judgements by fire Ray said Babylon is rising again.
I have seen some scriptures that alludes to this but I am
reluctant to post anything I’m not sure about.

May God give us wisdom and endurance during this present time .
In Jesus name. Amen.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2023, 10:48:17 PM »

Something just popped into my head.

Going backwards? Jer.7:24, Jer : 2:19, Jer.8:5, Jer: 15:6

Backwards. Backsliding, turning back etc.  All these words mean APOSTASY.
FAITHLESSNESS.

Paul said things would get much worse. Am I on the right track here?

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2023, 02:14:27 PM »

Dave could you elaborate a little more on the passages you are talking about,
history in reverse. Thank you.

Primarily, I was replying to Dynamo54's thoughts on the "structure/timetable" of the Kingdom future.  Believe me, I'm not trying to cobble together an eschatology from bible verses.  I have little to no anxiety about the wisdom of God to do with His creation whatever He wants--from beginning to end.  But that doesn't mean I can't construct some mental imagery of what "will be".  I'm only meat with a mind.

Jesus said the first will be last and the last first.

1Co 15:22  for even as in Adam all die, so also in the Christ all shall be made alive,
1Co 15:23  and each in his proper order, a first-fruit Christ, afterwards those who are the Christ's, in his presence,
1Co 15:24  then—the end, when he may deliver up the reign to God, even the Father...

Mat 11:9  But what went ye out for to see? A prophet (referring to John the Baptist)? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet.
Mat 11:10  For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
Mat 11:11  Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Luk 13:24  Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Luk 13:25  When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Luk 13:26  Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27  But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
Luk 13:28  There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
Luk 13:29  And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
Luk 13:30  And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

Mat 21:31  ...Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

1Th 4:13  But it is our desire, brothers, that you may be certain about those who are sleeping; so that you may have no need for sorrow, as others have who are without hope.
1Th 4:14  For if we have faith that Jesus underwent death and came back again, even so those who are sleeping will come again with him by God's power.
1Th 4:15  For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are still living at the coming of the Lord, will not go before those who are sleeping. 

Eph 6:2  Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)
Eph 6:3  That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

Is there a better way to honor our "fathers and mothers" than to righteously judge them in the light of the Glorious Gospel?

2Co 5:18  And all things are from God, Who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
2Co 5:19  Which is, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them; and He has entrusted to us this message of reconciliation.
2Co 5:20  Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ; and God, as it were, is exhorting you through us. We beseech you on behalf of Christ, "Be reconciled to God."   

So I'm not talking about "time running backwards" or any other such thing.  I'm talking about the apparent order of things and the possibility that the "resurrection to judgement" and the GWT is not a single "event" (even among categories of people who "enter the kingdom" before others) but that it may begin with those at the "end" and proceed through the generations in reverse.  One genealogy of Jesus runs forward.  The other backwards.  There may not be any reason for that other than the preference of the writers.  But, then again, there might.

Regardless.  All is of HIM, by HIM, and FOR HIM.  Without HIM, there is nothing.  Nothing at all.  Nothing.     

« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 02:27:44 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2023, 04:46:37 PM »

Ha! Ha! I’m only meat with a mind. Me too Dave.
I agree with your mental imagery.

Jesus said the first will be last and the last first.
Matt.21:31.’’ The parable of the two sons.

It’s always about two isn’t it? Two groups, two covenants. Two witnesses
Etc…. Matt 20:16.’’’ Many called and few chosen.

Ray said the scriptures are multi- layered and I believe it.
This is another way I saw the first will be last and the last will be first and I may be totally wrong here but here goes.

The first ( chosen Israel will be last to enter the Kingdom) I thought because of
this verse. Isa.19:24.’ In that day shall Israel be a third with Egypt and with
Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land.
This is after the resurrection of course.
And the last( chosen Israel, God’s Elect) will be first to go into the kingdom.
When they are either resurrected from the grave or caught up with the Lord in the air. Im sure there are many more layers.

The kingdom future. Maybe that is where Paul went when God gave him a thorn
to keep him grounded. What did he see in paradise? Wow , now that would be some imagery.

Thank you Dave for all of the beautiful scriptures that outline Gods perfect will.
All appointed times and order will be kept’
Isaiah 26:9

Judgements bring godliness and overcoming. L. Ray Smith from they despise the
word of God.

Mzantsi

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2023, 09:08:58 AM »

Do y'all think we will be given power to resurrect?
Amo 5:20 (ISV) Will not the Day of the LORD be darkness, and not light—   pitch black at that, without a ray of sunshine?

Porter

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2023, 12:11:00 AM »

I know this doesn't answer your question (all things are possible with God), but I've always loved this response from Ray concerning the power to resurrect.

https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php?topic=6142.0

I’ve had people ask me numerous times, ‘Ray can you walk on water, have you raised the dead, have you…?’ As a matter of fact I have. Which is greater, to raise somebody back to physical life, so that they can physically die again or to raise someone who is spiritually dead to spiritual life? God is doing greater things through the called, chosen, Elect few of His church, than He did in His own ministry, when He fed 5000, walked on the water, calmed the storm, healed the sick and raised the dead. He said we would do… “greater things,” they are greater. They are not greater if you’ve got a carnal mind, they are not greater then, it sounds like foolishness. That’s what it will sound like to you, unless you have the spiritual mind to see it. 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 12:15:26 AM by Porter »
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

indianabob

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2023, 04:26:55 PM »

The amount of work that awaits us(elect) in the age to come is plenty. We are going to solve the problems of this world,unify something like billions upon billions of human beings from Adam's time. That is a lot of work and DIFFICULT,even if we will be immortal.

Do you'll think about such things?

Please clarify for me your understanding of the "age" to come.
Is that the age immediately after the return of Christ Jesus to rule on the earth from Jerusalem?

If so is it not true that there will not be any resurrected sinners from the past, but rather only resurrected believers plus any human that live over into that time period right after the return of Christ.

If that is true then the humans from Adam's time will have to wait for the white throne judgment to be judged which if I understand comes after the earth has been cleansed of Satan's angels and messengers.

Mzantsi

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2023, 08:00:03 AM »

Now that you ask,am not 100% sure of the sequence of events regarding the age to come. I had thought we judge the nations from the beginning of the next age all throughout the rest of the ages to follow.

Mzantsi

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2023, 11:16:45 AM »

I know this doesn't answer your question (all things are possible with God), but I've always loved this response from Ray concerning the power to resurrect.

https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php?topic=6142.0

Sup Port,

I think that does answer my question. We will be given power to resurrect,we will also do greater miracles than Jesus. Just as Jesus is the door to the Father,we also going to be a door to the Father.

Perhaps, when Jesus comes we may gather first and do a meet and greet with the whole team,and Jesus being the leader will have to explain to us a strategy for the war we will be heading into. We each also have to be shown our own rooms and given our own assignments. Thoughts?

Porter

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2023, 11:59:21 AM »

I suppose there is some Scriptural support for your idea, Mzantsi.

1Th 4:17  Then we who are still alive will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we will always be with the Lord.

I gotta admit, it's gonna be interesting to see how “we” will communicate.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 12:52:17 PM by Porter »
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.