bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reincarnation  (Read 1783 times)

Mzantsi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Reincarnation
« on: March 23, 2023, 04:23:52 PM »

On August 3, 2007, China's State Administration for Religious Affairs issued a decree that all the reincarnations of tulkus of Tibetan Buddhism must get government approval, otherwise they are "illegal or invalid".
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 04:28:44 PM by Na »
Amo 5:20 (ISV) Will not the Day of the LORD be darkness, and not light—   pitch black at that, without a ray of sunshine?

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Reincarnation
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 01:52:44 AM »

Hello NA,
Reading your message got me wondering so I inquired and found the following regarding re-incarnation.
I do not subscribe to re-incarnation as commonly understood.
Whether being born again is similar is subject to discussion.
Bob
=
"Unique to Tibetan Buddhism is the institution of the tulku (incarnate lama): Tibetan Buddhists believe that
compassionate teachers are reborn again and again, in each lifetime identified when they are children and invested with the office and prestige of their previous rebirths. Tibet has had many such lamas, the most famous of whom is the Dalai Lama. The Fifth Dalai Lama became ruler of Tibet in 1642, and under his rule was built the great palace of the Potala in Lhasa, the country’s capital.
Tibet was incorporated into China in 1951, and the present (Fourteenth) Dalai Lama went into exile in India in 1959, when the Tibetan diaspora began. Since that time, Tibetan Buddhism has become of increasing interest to people throughout the world."

https://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/art-asia/himalayas/tibet/a/introduction-to-tibetan-buddhism
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 01:56:30 AM by indianabob »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.