bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lazarus Parable ??  (Read 4633 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Lazarus Parable ??
« on: August 28, 2006, 12:03:28 PM »

Hi Ray,

This is a really interesting site where I have found some useful information.
Concerning the Rich Man and Lazarus being a parable I have some doubts.
Jesus spoke in detail regarding this story using real people. Such as Moses and the Prophets and one who returned from the dead, hint hint (speaking of himself), the rich man and Lazarus. Why would he use imaginary places?
How would anyone begin to understand what he was talking about? I think he would have had to explain this to them unless the audience had some knowledge of the places that he spoke about. And if that knowledge that the audience had was false, I think that Jesus would not have used what was not true to illustrate his point.
There is no need to seek any other understanding other than what Jesus who is and was and is to come has already revealed. It's interesting that this one Story from the memory of the Lord has caused so much confusion. We know that God is not the author of confusion. The confusion is from the enemy. This one single recollection has put a monkey wrench into almost every cult teaching on soul sleep. The enemy of our souls is doomed to Hell and would love people to believe that there is no hell while leading them to a place that was never prepared for them. A class in Anthropology or the study of man, Body Soul and Spirit, Triparte nature, created in the image and likeness of God will help you understand the Rich Man and Lazarus' predicament..

Mark Chears

Dear Mark:

You have not a clue--NOT EVEN A CLUE as to what you are talking about. Jesus never intended for the any but the Very Elect to understand His parables. Read my paper on :TWELVE PRINCIPLES TO UNDERSTAND GOD'S WORD, and have you eyes open to this truth.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 23 queries.