> General Discussions

Paradise

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dave in Tenn:
Everything Jesus taught to those who were not His disciples (and much he taught even to them) was taught in parable.  I have no more reason to believe that what Jesus said to the thief meant the thief was "THAT DAY" going to be in some place called "PARADISE" than I have to believe that a man must first enter again to his mother's womb to be "born again" or a place called "Abraham's bosom".  Though I agree with Ray on where the comma should be placed (because that is where it makes the most sense), when I understand that the words of Jesus and Spirit and LIFE, it helps. 

I hear Jesus' words to be comfort, promise, and companionship.  Those, it seems to me, are what actually happened in those lives that "today."

I think your inclination to understand "paradise" is of more value than understanding commas.  Best wishes.

ralph:
This just came to mind.  The criminal is being crucified with Christ.   This is connecting me to:

Galatians 2:20-21
20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Romans 6:5-6
5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.

There are two criminals, one on the left and one on the right.  One blasphemes God, and the other, though in extreme pain and about to die, demonstrates extraordinary Faith in God.  Two types of ourselves, the old man of sin and the man of God.

Musterseed:
We are of the same understanding Ralph.

It’s the same theme throughout the whole Bible, the many called and the few
chosen. It’s in every parable.
The one thief ( a symbol for the few) believed Christ.
The other one ( a symbol for the many) didn’t. It’s for our admonition.

Thank you Dave , yes that’s the transcript, however it is on you tube as
end time prophecy 1 and 2 if you prefer to listen to it Octoberose.

ralph:

--- Quote from: Musterseed on March 28, 2023, 10:36:29 AM ---We are of the same understanding Ralph.

It’s the same theme throughout the whole Bible, the many called and the few
chosen. It’s in every parable.
The one thief ( a symbol for the few) believed Christ.
The other one ( a symbol for the many) didn’t. It’s for our admonition.

Thank you Dave , yes that’s the transcript, however it is on you tube as
end time prophecy 1 and 2 if you prefer to listen to it Octoberose.

--- End quote ---

Yes, but the point I am making is that both criminals are a part of us. At one point in time, we were slaves of sin but that part is being done away with. The two criminals represent steps in our spiritual development. 

Musterseed:
Yes indeed, All will be saved. 1 Tim. 2:4

It’s all about the process.Rom.8:20-22

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version