bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exciting verses that give me goosebumps. What are yours?  (Read 2492 times)

Porter

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Exciting verses that give me goosebumps. What are yours?
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2023, 08:39:36 AM »

Is not this the nation above all nations on earth:

1 Peter 2:9
9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
Yes, yes they are. If they aren't now, they will most definitely be later. I'm as confused as you when it comes to the literalness of prophecy. But we shouldn't be surprised if the new wine bursts when it is put into old wine skins.

If the USA is the literal physical benefactor of that prophecy in Deuteronomy, then the USA does it for a perishable crown where moth and rust eats. Especially if Ray thought the USA would fall for their subsequent unbelief, just like physical Israel.

Anyhow, check this parable for confirmation of what you know to be true, spiritually speaking.

Mat 21:33  "Listen to another parable: There was a man, a landowner, who planted a vineyard, put a fence around it, dug a winepress in it, and built a watchtower. He leased it to tenant farmers and went away.
Mat 21:34  When the grape harvest drew near, he sent his slaves to the farmers to collect his fruit.
Mat 21:35  But the farmers took his slaves, beat one, killed another, and stoned a third.
Mat 21:36  Again, he sent other slaves, more than the first group, and they did the same to them.
Mat 21:37  Finally, he sent his son to them. 'They will respect my son,' he said.
Mat 21:38  "But when the tenant farmers saw the son, they said among themselves, 'This is the heir. Come, let's kill him and take his inheritance!'
Mat 21:39  So they seized him and threw him out of the vineyard, and killed him.
Mat 21:40  Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those farmers?"
Mat 21:41  "He will completely destroy those terrible men," they told Him, "and lease his vineyard to other farmers who will give him his produce at the harvest."
Mat 21:42  Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures: The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone. This came from the Lord and is wonderful in our eyes?
Mat 21:43  Therefore I tell you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a nation producing its fruit.
Mat 21:44  [Whoever falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder!]"
Mat 21:45  When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard His parables, they knew He was speaking about them.

Didn't God tell the Israelites through Moses that if they didn't obey Him, He would strike them with plagues, give everything they had to another nation and destroy them?

Deu 28:20  The LORD shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me.
Deu 28:30  Thou shalt betroth a wife, and another man shall lie with her: thou shalt build an house, and thou shalt not dwell therein: thou shalt plant a vineyard, and shalt not gather the grapes thereof.

It doesn't end there because unbelieving Israel represents someone else.

Deu 28:68  And the LORD shall bring thee into Egypt again with ships, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you.

Rev 18:4  And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Rev 18:11  And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:
Rev 18:17  For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

Well, you get the idea. I'm sure you know that New Jerusalem is the true spiritual heir that lasts.
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2023, 04:34:54 PM »

I can understand that the USA is a TYPE of physical Israel (though from my reading, that isn't much of a compliment).  This TYPE has existed from the beginnings of Christendom and various nations have shared it--from Rome, to the Holy Roman Empire, to Spain, and the rest of the large nations of Europe including Portugal, France, The Netherlands, Russia (each of who had some claim to being NUMERO UNO at some point) and until very recently (in historic terms) the UK, who in it's day was NUMBER ONE and didn't pass that baton upon the founding of the United States but retained it until at least WWI.  Every one of them claimed to be "advancing the Kingdom" even as they warred with each other.  All with no less a claim to belonging to Christendom than the USA. 

And whether by missionaries or warfare (or both) preached Christ, enslaved, ministered to, annihilated, rescued, and robbed those who were already here and those who could be forcefully brought here in the name of Jesus and in service to their own morality--from high to low.  It couldn't have been any other way, and it WILL BE made right.  There will be weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth.  Even that is not the end.       

Personally, I don't believe the USA is the LAST of these nation-state TYPES.  (From some sources, there are more practicing Christians in China than in the US.  And from others, Christian and quasi-Christian "groups" hold far more sway in high places in other powerful East Asian nations (Japan and South Korea specifically) than might be casually understood.  EAST to WEST are directions, not locations.  Personally, I don't think "this Gospel of the Kingdom" has been preached the world over.  For MANY are called, FEW chosen.  Could be that not enough MANY have been called yet, in the Macro sense.

Again, just me talking, but I stayed with BT in spite of the Towers paper, not because of it.  One thing I can say--I didn't read it without having absorbed the LOF (as much as is/was possible with me) and I have trouble Spiritually shoe-horning it into what came before it.  But I have my thoughts, and prefer them.       
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2023, 09:55:38 PM »

The State of Israel is not our friend that's for sure. One of many proofs is the 'church' supports the State of Israel. And if the 'church' supports it it's wrong.

IMO; We may be closer to the end than we think? It seems digital currency is very close. China's social credit score is mandatory and digital currency is one of the ways they enforce it.

Rev 13:16  And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 
Rev 13:17  And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 

zvezda

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2023, 01:48:26 AM »

I am sure Ray was aware that various nations/empires throughout human history (from Rome to the Holy Roman Empire to all the countries in Europe) once was number one and could fit in the prophecy, but America being "on high above all nations of the earth" is only a small part of the paper.

What makes America different is the 911 attacks, a very specific catastrophe -- "IN THE DAY OF THE GREAT SLAUGHTER, WHEN THE TOWERS FALL" (Isa 30:25)

He even talked about how the US foreign policy was straight out of Isaiah's words to prove his points, although some of the info he wrote may be outdated now.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.