> General Discussions

Sign of the Son of Man

(1/3) > >>

HoneyLamb56:
Matthew 24:30   Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

When this speaks of "sign" is this just telling us that a prophecy sign is being fulfilled when we see it?  or why wouldn't it just say, after the heavens are shaken the Son of Man will appear.  It sounds like they will at first see the sign, then later after the mourning, they will actually see .... coming.

Diane

Porter:
Good question, and I found this from Ray that may help.

https://bible-truths.com/rapture.htm

PROOF FOR WHEN THE DAY OF THE LORD WILL COME

Let us be clear, that the "day of the Lord" is the time period of Christ's return to this earth to punish Babylon the Great and to pour out His righteous indignation on her (and on those nations who follow and worship her) for her evil crimes of inhumanity and blasphemy. Here is the order of events (Mat. 24:29-30). It's as simple as one, two, three:

"Immediately AFTER the affliction [great affliction, or great tribulation--ver. 29], of those days ..."

"... the sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not be giving her beams, and the stars shall be falling from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken ..."

"And THEN shall appear the sign of the Son of Mankind in heaven, and then all the tribes of the land shall grieve, and they shall see the Son of Mankind coming on the clouds of heaven with power and much glory."

The "day of the Lord," the day that the Lord comes, clearly is "after" the great affliction, and "after" the heavenly signs. The book of Joel gives us a second confirmation:

"Alas! Alas! Alas for the day! For near is the DAY OF THE LORD.

And as devastation from Him Who-Suffices is it coming" (Joel 1:15).

"For coming is the DAY OF THE LORD! A day of darkness and gloominess. A day of clouds and murkiness" (Joel 2:2).

"The heavens quake, The sun and the moon are somber, and the stars gather in their brightness ... before His army" [Rev. 19:11] (Joel 2:10) ...

"And He will spare His people" (2:18).

"And I will give MIRACLES IN THE HEAVENS above, And signs on the earth, Blood and fire and pillars of smoke, The sun shall be turned to darkness, And the moon to blood (2:30-31), BEFORE the coming of the DAY OF THE LORD, the great and fearful day" (2:30-31).

So we have this event neatly book-ended with references to the "great affliction" and the "heavenly signs." Matt. 24:29 clearly tells us that "immediately AFTER" the great affliction or tribulation of those days, the signs in the sun, moon and stars occur, followed by the return of Christ--the day of the Lord. And Joel 2:31 clearly tells us that the signs in the heavens occur "BEFORE" the coming of the day of the Lord. As to the chronology of these grand events, there can be no honest dispute--the day of the Lord does not include the great tribulation, but comes after the great tribulation, and after the heavenly signs.

Musterseed:
Excellent Porter.
Just to add. Luke 11:29-32….. This generation is an evil generation. It seeks for
a sign , but no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah.

The sigh of Jonah is a parable.
Ray explains it in an email in the forum titled… Jesus was three days and three
nights in the heart of the earth.
Posted by Dennis.

ralph:
"And I will give MIRACLES IN THE HEAVENS above, And signs on the earth, Blood and fire and pillars of smoke, The sun shall be turned to darkness, And the moon to blood (2:30-31), BEFORE the coming of the DAY OF THE LORD, the great and fearful day" (2:30-31)."

I believe Ray spoke about this in one of his videos.   The Sun, which is a symbol of God, no longer gives its light. The moon, which reflects the light of the sun, a symbol of the church, turned to blood when it began to murder God’s people, i.e., the stoning of Stephen.

HoneyLamb56:
Thanks Porter...now makes sense to me

Diane

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version