> General Discussions

"Look,here is the Christ"

(1/6) > >>

Mzantsi:
Mat 24:23 (20cNT) And, at that time, if any one should say to you ‘Look! here is the Christ!’ or ‘Here he is!’, do not believe it;

Mat 24:24 (20cNT) for false Christs and false Prophets will arise, and will display great signs and marvels, so that, were it possible, even God’s People would be led astray.

How do you understand this verse or verses? Will people really say to us "Here is the Christ"

Have you witnessed "great signs" and "marvels" from a false Christ in your life?

zvezda:
https://bible-truths.com/23-minutes-in-hell.html

"And MANY false prophets shall rise, and shall DECEIVE MANY. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible [Thank God that it is not possible...] they shall deceive the very elect" (Matt. 24:3, 11, & 24)

"And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many" (Matt. 24:4-5)

I marvel that theologians teach that many people will come saying that "they are the Christ," No, Jesus did not say that many would come claiming that they, themselves, are Christ, but rather that He (Christ) is the Christ. Now then, who but Christians teach that Jesus Christ IS THE CHRIST of God? No one, but Christians only. So those who "deceive many" are Christians!

About every ten or twenty years a person will come along and claim that he, himself, is Jesus Christ, the Son of God. And so, it is not the "many" who do this, but rather only an occasional one every so many decades. And, no one of normal intelligence (certainly not "the many") would ever really believe that these weirdos really are Jesus Christ. So these rare few are not themselves the "many" nor do they deceive the "many."

It's not the Muslims who teach that Jesus is the Christ. It's not the Hindus who teach that Jesus is the Christ. It is not the heathens or the pagans that teach that Jesus is the Christ. And certainly the athiests do not teach the Jesus is the Christ. You know who they are--they are the pastors, ministers, teachers, prophets, priests, shepherds, and theologians of Christendom. They are "many," and Jesus said they would be deceiving "many." There is no other category of people on earth whose number is "many," who claim to represent Christ, and teach that Christ is the Christ, yet are deceiving "many."

If you really think that the leaders of the Christian Church are not these "many false prophets," who are "deceiving many," then you have to account for them with some other large group that does this, or you make Christ and the Scriptures out to be lying.

Mzantsi:
Thanks Zve.

Have you witnessed "great signs" and "marvels" from a false Christ in your life?

Not sure I understand what it means by great signs and marvels.

zvezda:
probably a good idea to pay attention to the words, especially Ray's comment in the brackets:

--- Quote from: zvezda on April 17, 2023, 08:42:03 PM ---https://bible-truths.com/23-minutes-in-hell.html

"And MANY false prophets shall rise, and shall DECEIVE MANY. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible [Thank God that it is not possible...] they shall deceive the very elect" (Matt. 24:3, 11, & 24)

--- End quote ---

octoberose:
Well, I think the point is, where are the signs and wonders?   I don’t think that has come yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version