bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Good feel pain? Does He get his feelings hurt?  (Read 1205 times)

Mzantsi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Does Good feel pain? Does He get his feelings hurt?
« on: April 21, 2023, 09:40:05 PM »

Amo 5:20 (ISV) Will not the Day of the LORD be darkness, and not light—   pitch black at that, without a ray of sunshine?

octoberose

Re: Does Good feel pain? Does He get his feelings hurt?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 11:59:13 PM »

Psalm 78:40 (ESV)
40  How often they rebelled against him in the wilderness
and grieved him in the desert!

Well, physical pain no, I don’t imagine He does.  Jesus did and so that to me means God knows exactly what pain is.
  As far as ‘getting his feelings hurt that’s not the language of the scripture as far as I can tell. But grieving God certainly is.     And maybe I’m reading into the text, but when Jesus died and the earth turned dark and the curtain in the temple broke in two  and the earth shook, I imagine God, who was without his son for the first time in who knows how long, really felt that.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2023, 10:32:57 AM »

In one sense, God condescends to us in dealing with us.  We couldn't handle it otherwise.  But I'm inclined to think that whatever fundamental attributes (including emotions) that He has given to us, He possesses in a GODLY, and GOD-SIZED way.  Generally speaking, nobody can give something to another which he/she doesn't have in the first place. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2023, 03:24:26 PM »

Psalm 78:40 (ESV)
40  How often they rebelled against him in the wilderness
and grieved him in the desert!

Well, physical pain no, I don’t imagine He does.  Jesus did and so that to me means God knows exactly what pain is.
  As far as ‘getting his feelings hurt that’s not the language of the scripture as far as I can tell. But grieving God certainly is.     And maybe I’m reading into the text, but when Jesus died and the earth turned dark and the curtain in the temple broke in two  and the earth shook, I imagine God, who was without his son for the first time in who knows how long, really felt that.

= =  =

Hi Octoberose,
I see your point about God's feelings at the time of Jesus death, but I would like to add a couple of thoughts.
Jesus on the stake who was about to take his last breath and give up the spirit said "it is finished".

In other words, Jesus had fully accomplished all that his Father had given him to do and he had only to await the coming resurrection to glory once again.
Which event took place for Jesus in the next second of his conscience awareness.
Jesus lost consciousness on the stake and in the next instant he awoke in the tomb being attended by angels.
=
Father God at the same time observed that the work given Jesus and the pain and suffering he had endured was ended and the salvation of ALL accomplished.
So at this point with the suffering over and Jesus' resurrection assured it was a time of great Joy for Father God.

= =
Luk 24:3  And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus. 
Luk 24:4  And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments: 
=
Joh 20:12  And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain
=
Mar 16:6  And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him. 

Mzantsi

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2023, 03:47:12 PM »

Nice, guys.

Paul calls Him the happy God.
(1Ti 1:11 EBR)According to the glad–message of the glory of the HAPPY God, with which entrusted am, I.

So God cries too I would imagine,tears of joy or pain.
He gets jealous,he gets angry but not on a human level.

Now Dave,here is a tricky one: Has God EVER made a mistake on a Godly level?

Like during creation of all, do you think he made a mistake somewhere and went back and fixed it? Does He MODIFY during creation?

Do you think He creates(ongoing) EVERYTHING on the first try or He has multiple attempts?😲
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 03:51:41 PM by Mzantsi »
Amo 5:20 (ISV) Will not the Day of the LORD be darkness, and not light—   pitch black at that, without a ray of sunshine?

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2023, 05:07:01 PM »

Mzantsi
This subject was taught by Ray in Does God Learn.

You ask , “ has God ever made a mlstake on a Godly level.

The very word Godly is perfection. You don’t make mistakes when you reach
perfection. But as Ray asks in his teaching “ did God have to go through something
to reach perfection? We don’t know what God went through.”

As for pain… God created evil, Isaiah 45:7, without evil there would be no pain.
A future I look forward to.

From  Myth of free Will  Pt C

God created Ra , evil, furthermore God used evil and continues to use evil
against His creatures all day long.( this causes pain)

Understand that I take no emotional pleasure in teaching these truths other than that they are absolutely necessary if we are to understand the deeper ways of God
with His creatures . But I will hasten to add that like all of Gods deeper truths,
they can only be decerned spiritually by the Spirit of God.
The carnal mind cannot and will not understand these truths.

Because the carnal mind is enmity ( a deep seated hatred against God)
for it is not subject to the ( spiritual) law of God, neither indeed can be.

The parable of Joseph is is an amazing example of how God uses evil to
bring about good.
We as sinning machines know we are sinners, but we have to know what we are.

From MOFW Pt A… The man of sin is a beast who thinks he is a God, 2 Thes. 2:4
And even the disciples did not recognize the beast within. What was it that made them forsake Jesus? Fear of the Roman soldiers was the circumstance that caused
their ( unfree wills) to change.

Humanity is a beast , individually and collectively. The carnal mind has got to go.
It’s a painful experience , this experience of evil , but it’s necessary.

May our Lord give us endurance and wisdom to overcome this world, as He did.
God Bless our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

mike kyner

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2023, 08:14:40 PM »

the Almighty is I AM ,not I used to be... but I've developed, or I hope to be more in the future. When He created the heavens and earth all was according to his perfect will/plan nothing could have been added to it or left out that would have improved it in any way...in my humble opinion

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2023, 10:06:13 PM »

Now Dave,here is a tricky one: Has God EVER made a mistake on a Godly level?

Like during creation of all, do you think he made a mistake somewhere and went back and fixed it? Does He MODIFY during creation?

"To make a mistake" is one of the main definitions of "sin".  So no, I don't think God made a mistake somewhere.  He works all things according to the counsel of His own will. 

The question is hard to answer the way it's asked because I don't believe that God was or is ever "outside" His creation tinkering.  He's never "outside" His creation period.

In case you might ask:  I don't think "sinning" is one of man's fundamental attributes.  "Having a mark" is.  "Missing it" is just something that's true about us, presently.  But I don't want to quibble.           

G266
ἁμαρτία
hamartia
Thayer Definition:
1) equivalent to 264
1a) to be without a share in
1b) to miss the mark
1c) to err, be mistaken

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 19 queries.