> General Discussions

Does Good feel pain? Does He get his feelings hurt?

(1/2) > >>

Mzantsi:

octoberose:
Psalm 78:40 (ESV)
40  How often they rebelled against him in the wilderness
and grieved him in the desert!

Well, physical pain no, I don’t imagine He does.  Jesus did and so that to me means God knows exactly what pain is.
  As far as ‘getting his feelings hurt that’s not the language of the scripture as far as I can tell. But grieving God certainly is.     And maybe I’m reading into the text, but when Jesus died and the earth turned dark and the curtain in the temple broke in two  and the earth shook, I imagine God, who was without his son for the first time in who knows how long, really felt that.

Dave in Tenn:
In one sense, God condescends to us in dealing with us.  We couldn't handle it otherwise.  But I'm inclined to think that whatever fundamental attributes (including emotions) that He has given to us, He possesses in a GODLY, and GOD-SIZED way.  Generally speaking, nobody can give something to another which he/she doesn't have in the first place. 

indianabob:

--- Quote from: octoberose on April 21, 2023, 11:59:13 PM ---Psalm 78:40 (ESV)
40  How often they rebelled against him in the wilderness
and grieved him in the desert!

Well, physical pain no, I don’t imagine He does.  Jesus did and so that to me means God knows exactly what pain is.
  As far as ‘getting his feelings hurt that’s not the language of the scripture as far as I can tell. But grieving God certainly is.     And maybe I’m reading into the text, but when Jesus died and the earth turned dark and the curtain in the temple broke in two  and the earth shook, I imagine God, who was without his son for the first time in who knows how long, really felt that.

--- End quote ---

= =  =

Hi Octoberose,
I see your point about God's feelings at the time of Jesus death, but I would like to add a couple of thoughts.
Jesus on the stake who was about to take his last breath and give up the spirit said "it is finished".

In other words, Jesus had fully accomplished all that his Father had given him to do and he had only to await the coming resurrection to glory once again.
Which event took place for Jesus in the next second of his conscience awareness.
Jesus lost consciousness on the stake and in the next instant he awoke in the tomb being attended by angels.
=
Father God at the same time observed that the work given Jesus and the pain and suffering he had endured was ended and the salvation of ALL accomplished.
So at this point with the suffering over and Jesus' resurrection assured it was a time of great Joy for Father God.

= =
Luk 24:3  And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus. 
Luk 24:4  And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments: 
=
Joh 20:12  And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain
=
Mar 16:6  And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him. 

Mzantsi:
Nice, guys.

Paul calls Him the happy God.
(1Ti 1:11 EBR)According to the glad–message of the glory of the HAPPY God, with which entrusted am, I.

So God cries too I would imagine,tears of joy or pain.
He gets jealous,he gets angry but not on a human level.

Now Dave,here is a tricky one: Has God EVER made a mistake on a Godly level?

Like during creation of all, do you think he made a mistake somewhere and went back and fixed it? Does He MODIFY during creation?

Do you think He creates(ongoing) EVERYTHING on the first try or He has multiple attempts?😲

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version