> General Discussions

Israel

(1/9) > >>

octoberose:
I can’t help but think what is happening now has all been written down in advance.  Maybe it’s not - maybe I shouldn’t read current events into prophecy but really what is prophecy for ?  I wish, and have always been sad that Ray didn’t live longer to tell us more of what he saw in scripture- but God only gave him so long on this earth. How ever  you see it, what is happening now is very devastating and I am not sure that other countries won’t be sucked into this.  Is that political ? I don’t mean it to me.  Sitting here without being aware seems inadvisable to me.

indianabob:
octoberose,
You make a valid point. God has planned all things before He began and there are no rewrites of the play. All things will proceed as determined in advance with a foreknown outcome.
The object of the fighting in the region of Israel is to draw the most powerful armies into the region so that God can show his great power when he destroys the very best that mankind can build to conquer their neighbors. Then when God has the attention of the whole world He will send His son to rule with a rod of iron and make enduring peace.

Porter:

--- Quote from: octoberose on October 08, 2023, 09:27:45 PM --- what is prophecy for ? 

--- End quote ---

Maybe it's as simple as this?

2Ti 3:16  All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness,
2Ti 3:17  so that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

Thayer Definition:1)
prophecy
1a) a discourse emanating from divine inspiration and declaring the purposes of God, whether by reproving and admonishing the wicked, or comforting the afflicted, or revealing things hidden; especially by foretelling future events

ralph:

--- Quote from: octoberose on October 08, 2023, 09:27:45 PM ---I can’t help but think what is happening now has all been written down in advance.  Maybe it’s not - maybe I shouldn’t read current events into prophecy but really what is prophecy for ?  I wish, and have always been sad that Ray didn’t live longer to tell us more of what he saw in scripture- but God only gave him so long on this earth. How ever  you see it, what is happening now is very devastating and I am not sure that other countries won’t be sucked into this.  Is that political ? I don’t mean it to me.  Sitting here without being aware seems inadvisable to me.

--- End quote ---

Yes, it has been written down in advance.  Everything according to his will:

Isaiah 46:10-11
10 Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things that are not yet done,
Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand,
And I will do all My pleasure,’
11 Calling a bird of prey from the east,
The man who executes My counsel, from a far country.
Indeed I have spoken it;
I will also bring it to pass.
I have purposed it;
I will also do it.

octoberose:
And so we wait and remain faithful while we wait.  Thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version