bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Israel  (Read 11473 times)

Porter

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Israel
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2023, 07:33:32 PM »

I don’t have any answers except that I don’t know…and therefore must wait and trust in Elohim. I am like Octoberose, heart sick and confused how I should be viewing the events. I want retribution to the terrorists, but God says vengeance is His! What do I do about that?

I think this is the passage you're referring to?

Rom 12:19  Friends, do not avenge yourselves; instead, leave room for His wrath [Greek: desire]. For it is written: Vengeance belongs to Me; I will repay, says the Lord.

Rom 12:20  But If your enemy is hungry, feed him. If he is thirsty, give him something to drink. For in so doing you will be heaping fiery coals on his head.

Rom 12:21  Do not be conquered by evil, but conquer evil with good.

Paul in the passage above is quoting and interpreting the 'Song of Moses' found in Deut. 32:35. God's idea of “judgment” is to feed His enemies when they are hungry. God's idea of “vengeance” is to give His enemies something to drink when they are thirsty. And God's idea of repaying His enemies is by conquering them with good, not evil.

I suppose this next passage is as good a second witness as any.

Luk 6:35  But love [Greek: agapao] your enemies, do what is good, and lend, expecting nothing in return. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is gracious to the ungrateful and evil.

Luk 6:36  Be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

ralph

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2023, 12:38:29 AM »

I don’t have any answers except that I don’t know…and therefore must wait and trust in Elohim. I am like Octoberose, heart sick and confused how I should be viewing the events. I want retribution to the terrorists, but God says vengeance is His! What do I do about that?

Rom 12:19  Friends, do not avenge yourselves; instead, leave room for His wrath [Greek: desire]. For it is written: Vengeance belongs to Me; I will repay, says the Lord.

Rom 12:20  But If your enemy is hungry, feed him. If he is thirsty, give him something to drink. For in so doing you will be heaping fiery coals on his head.

Paul in the passage above is quoting and interpreting the 'Song of Moses' found in Deut. 32:35. God's idea of “judgment” is to feed His enemies when they are hungry. God's idea of “vengeance” is to give His enemies something to drink when they are thirsty. And God's idea of repaying His enemies is by conquering them with good, not evil.

Luk 6:35  But love [Greek: agapao] your enemies, do what is good, and lend, expecting nothing in return. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is gracious to the ungrateful and evil.

Amen. The Lord has given us clear instructions.  The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2023, 05:17:51 PM »

Hi Porter
I found this about Matt.24- 28.. Wherever the corpse is , the vultures will gather.
Match Luke 17:37 and Job 39:30.

First of all , I believe Ray had said that birds/ fowl are a symbol for evil spirits.
Example… calling a ravenous bird from the east scripture from Isaiah. This Ray said
is talking about an evil man , he calls him a bird. You can read the transcript or listen
to the audio End Time Prophecies. This teaching of Rays also includes lots of future
prophecy. And yes some that are happening now. Ok. Back to the birds.
Another scripture is Rev. 18:2 and Zep.2:14.

Ok so here is what Ray says in the Rapture Paper regarding the vultures.

Israel was granted lots in the promised land. When God resurrects Israel
they will once again return to their designated lots and Daniel will have his lot.
See Daniel 12:13) waiting period.
One obvious reason for this wait has to do with the condition of the land itself.
We read of the vultures feasting on dead men’s carcasses. The filth and stench
will be terrible. It may take weeks or months to clean up the land suitable for possession and habitation before anyone actually stands in his lot.

Picking us clean spiritually sounds like the vultures of Babylon eating our hearts and minds. But I’m wondering if this is speaking of the phiysical.  We are
burned clean in God’s firey grace and brimstone.  Gehenna Spiritual Fire.

Anyway , I would like to discuss this Daniel 12:13 … happy is he who will tarry
scripture but it will have to WAIT (pun intended) until later. I gotta rest my
old fingers.

Dynamo54, yes you must wait and trust in God, we all must wait and trust in our
Sovereign God who does all things according to the council of His own will.
We must pray , Thy will be done on earth as in heaven.
As in heaven , what’s that mean? I think there’s scripture and Ray also spoke about
a pattern . I think it’s in Hebrews. I’m sure I heard Ray mention it. Anyone know where? I better slow down . One thing at a time.
God Bless you all and give us wisdom.

May the Lord cause you to increase and superabound in love for one another
and for all, even as we also for you, to establish your hearts unblamable
for you, in holiness in front of our God and Father, in the presence of our Lord Jesus
with all His saints.( 1 Thes. 3:12-13}

Come Lord Jesus. In Christ, Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

octoberose

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2023, 01:08:58 AM »

I want to say that I asked God to forgive me for my reaction to the people who did such unspeakable things in Israel.  God is just and God will take care of it and one day all those who killed and raped will fervently ask God’s forgiveness. And all in Israel will see the fulfillment of Law that they have only seen in shadows and they will forgive and they will be forgiven.  Sometimes it’s hard not to react as a human being because my cannel side feels one thing and a higher calling takes me another direction altogether.  I expected chastisement and  not your gentle response . 

octoberose

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2023, 09:24:16 PM »

Should have said carnal. But you probably knew that. :0)

ralph

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2023, 12:33:32 AM »

I want to say that I asked God to forgive me for my reaction to the people who did such unspeakable things in Israel.  God is just and God will take care of it and one day all those who killed and raped will fervently ask God’s forgiveness. And all in Israel will see the fulfillment of Law that they have only seen in shadows and they will forgive and they will be forgiven.  Sometimes it’s hard not to react as a human being because my cannel side feels one thing and a higher calling takes me another direction altogether.  I expected chastisement and  not your gentle response .

I lose my temper and lash out more often than I should.  You aren't alone.  I have a long way to go.  This is a very difficult walk.

indianabob

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2023, 12:56:01 PM »

Amen. The Lord has given us clear instructions.  The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Friend Ralph,

And God intends that the flesh remain weak until we die. It is part of the lesson that we of ourselves cannot overcome sin. Oh we may improve a little and treat ourselves and others with a little more grace and consideration in our daily lives but,,,
It will take a miracle to fix the other 99 percent and that will not happen until God changes us with the gift of a new heart, mind and spirit at the resurrection.

Porter

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2023, 09:10:05 AM »

Pamela, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, as there's been a lot going on over here on the home front. I haven't had a lot of energy to do much in the way of studying. However, I did find a few more clues concerning your question regarding what Jesus said when He talked about shortening the days for the elect's sake.

Firstly, thank you for the reminder about Ray's teaching on birds/fowls symbolizing evil spirits. I also found this from Ray to support this idea.

This will be long, and for that, I apologize, as it may be hard to follow. If the mods need to remove it, that's fine. I will save a copy and just send it in a PM to Pamela. To be totally honest, I never intended this response to be this long. However, most, if not all, of what I've written here can be corroborated by what Ray has already written. So if you've already read Ray's papers, you're not missing much aside from more supporting Scripture.

https://bible-truths.com/lake9.html

Satan entered Eden as "that Old Serpent [Satan]" and deceived Eve to eat of the forbidden fruit. Satan didn't sneak into the garden against God's will. He performed a needful task with our first parents. God knew what Satan was going to do to Adam and Eve. God did not try to prevent it. It is all part of God's master plan.

Just as God has provided food for mankind, He has also provided food for Satan. And just what kind of food does Satan dine on?  Satan dines on mankind.

"And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because you have done this, you are cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon your belly shall you go, and DUST SHALL YOU EAT all the days of your life" (Gen. 3:14).

This is, of course a parable. That "serpent" in the garden was none other than

"...that OLD SERPENT, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceives the whole world..." (Rev. 12:9).

And this is the same serpent that "deceived" Eve.

Man is the "dust of the earth" upon which Satan dines: "The first man [Adam] is of the earth, earthy [dust]..." (I Cor. 15:47). Man IS "dust.'

"...for DUST you are, and unto DUST shall you return" (Gen. 3:19).

When God told the serpent devil Satan that he would eat DUST, He was telling him that he would eat MAN (adam). And this is exactly what Peter tells us in his epistle:

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour [Gk: swallow down/eat]" (I Pet. 5: 8) .

Satan dines and thrives on the meat of the "carnal [Greek: sarx; flesh] mind [which] is enmity [hostility/hatred] against God: for it is not subject to the [spiritual] law of God, neither indeed can be" (Rom. 8:7).

Satan does not seek to devour everyone for food; only those who are carnally [fleshly] minded represent a great steak dinner to him.

Satan even had King David for dinner:

"And SATAN stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel" (I Chron. 21:1).

But always remember, Satan never operates beyond his God-given parameters as we will see in the case of Job.

God gave Satan charge over Job, his body, and all his possessions, to try him severely before God:

"And the Lord said unto SATAN, Behold, he [Job] is in your hand; but save his life" (Job 2:6).

It was GOD'S idea to severely try Job, not Satan's. But Satan took strict orders from God as to just how he could try Job. Satan got permission from God at each and every step of this severe trying of Job. Do we think God does it differently today? Do we think Satan now has "free reign"- "free will?" Do we think that God "changes?" Nonsense: "For I am the LORD, I change not..." (Mal. 3:6).

David prayed for God to use Satan in judging his enemies:

"Set you a wicked man over him: and let SATAN stand at his right hand" (Psalm 109:6).

Are not these activities of Satan necessary? Does God use Satan for no good purpose? Then why can't men see that God also CREATED Satan for these very purposes?

Satan is constantly finding fault with God's Chosen ones:

"And he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and SATAN standing at his right hand to resist [accuse] him" (Zech. 3:1).

Remember, Satan can do NOTHING without God's approval. When God completed His creating, He said

"And God saw EVERY THING that He had made [including Satan, the Adversary], and, behold, it was VERY GOOD..." (Gen. 1:31).

Satan was not only necessary, but he was, in fact, PERFECT for the job that God created him to fulfill.

Then we have this from 1Co 5:5 - " turn that one over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh [Greek: sarx], so that his spirit may be saved in the Day of the Lord."

It is the same Greek sarx used in Romans 8:7, where Ray explains that it refers to the “carnal mind”. It is also the same Greek sarx Jesus used in the passage in question.

Mar 13:20  And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh [Greek: sarx] should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

The ravenous bird from the east that God Himself is calling (Isa_46:11) could very well be Satan, seeing how it's Satan's job to destroy the carnal mind. Not Satan only, but possibly Satan's children also—remembering God uses evil for good.

1Jn 3:7  Little children, let no one deceive you! The one who does what is right is righteous, just as He is righteous.

1Jn 3:8  The one who commits sin is of the Devil, for the Devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God was revealed for this purpose: to destroy the Devil's works.

1Jn 3:9  Everyone who has been born of God does not sin, because His seed remains in him; he is not able to sin, because he has been born of God.

1Jn 3:10  This is how God's children--and the Devil's children--are made evident. Whoever does not do what is right is not of God, especially the one who does not love his brother [1Jn 3:14  We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.].

Here's another passage that details the manner in which Jesus reveals and then destroys the works of Satan. (I'm constantly amazed at how many other passages are connected to the following passage.)

2Th 2:7 For the secret of lawlessness is already operating. Only when the present detainer (Jesus?) may be coming to be out of the midst,

2Th 2:8 then will be unveiled the lawless one (whom the Lord Jesus will despatch with the spirit of His mouth (Joh_6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.) and will discard by the advent of His presence),

2Th 2:9 whose presence is in accord with the operation (works) of Satan, with all power and signs and false miracles"

It seems Satan rather frequently operates through his children.

Luk 8:5  A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it.

Mat 5:13  Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Ray stated that God provides food for Satan and gave some proof text. Here's what sounds like another proof text.

Mat 6:26  Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Remember when Ray talked about man's heaven vs. God's heaven? To paraphrase, Ray said something like: "man's heaven is a place of spiritual delusion. God's heaven is a place of spiritual enlightenment".

Eph 6:11  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles (Greek: strategies) of the devil.

Eph 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness [Joh 3:19: …and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.] of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high (heavenly) places.

We may not be wrestling against the flesh and blood of men; we are, however, wrestling against the things they teach, the things that appeal to the natural, carnal-minded man. Teachings that come from Satan and rule or have dominion over our lives in some way. 

While all the above supports the idea of the fowls of the air being “evil spirits”, it still doesn't explain why the days of great affliction would need to be shortened for the elect's sake. What's more, it doesn't explain why the flesh/sarx or carnal mind needs to be saved at all. I mean, I would understand if it replaced the word flesh for the word spirit, but that's not the case, and it confuses the heck out of me. Hence, it piqued my interest in it a while back when I first tried to study it.

I'm well aware of the churches teaching on it, as they use it to try to prove that most of mankind will be wiped out by some world war or worldwide catastrophe. All this, of course, is supposed to happen after “the antichrist” appears on earth and after the church has been raptured. I'm inclined to reject that belief automatically. Not just because Ray says everything the church teaches is a lie. But because my personal studies and the Spirit have shown me that everything the church teaches is a lie and contradicts the things I have learned from the Scriptures and from Ray these last 11 or 12 years. The foundation on which I base this is the fact that Jesus said He only taught in parables, and I believe Him.

Having said all that, I did find these from Ray.

https://bible-truths.com/rapture.htm

Notice that our Lord instructs us that "as the days of Noah, thus shall it be." Okay then, how was it in the days of Noah? Who was "left" and who was "taken away?"

"For as they were in those days before the deluge, eating and drinking and marrying and taking in marriage until the day on which Noah entered into the ark, and did not know till the deluge came and takes them all AWAY, thus shall be the presence of the Son of Mankind" (Mat. 24:38-39).

Did you catch that? It was all the wicked who were eating, drinking, and marrying that were "TAKEN AWAY," not Noah and his family!

And so here we have a principle that is used throughout the entire Bible--the good are left and the bad are taken away. Immediately after verse 39 where the wicked are "taken," we have verse 40 which says, " Then two shall be in the field; one [wicked] is taken along and one left: two grinding at the millstone; one [wicked] is taken along and one left."

For further conformation of this look at the parable of the wheat and the tares. You all know the parable, so I won't repeat all of it. Just notice that the tares

"are gathered and burned in the fire" (Mat. 13:40).

And

"they will gather OUT of His Kingdom all things that offend..." (Ver 41).

So the tares are gathered out and burned and the wheat is left behind.

Notice Romans 8:33, "... God's elect," Col. 3:12, "... the elect of God ..." Titus 1:1, "... God;s elect ..." Now look at Mat. 24:22, "Yet because of the elect [chosen], those days shall be shortened." Therefore, the "elect" or chosen ones have not been raptured away, but rather left, or God wouldn't have to shorten the days of tribulation for the sake of the "elect."

Didn't our Lord clearly pray to His Father, "I am not asking that Thou shouldst be taking them AWAY OUT OF THE WORLD, but that Thou shouldst be keeping them from the wicked one" (John 17:15)?

One more,

"Again the Kingdom of heaven is like unto a net that was cast into the sea [multitudes of people, Rev. 17:15] and gathered of every kind, which, when it was full, they drew to shore; and they sat down and gathered the good into vessels, but threw the bad AWAY. So shall it be at the end of the age: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, and cast them into the furnace of fire..." (Mat. 13:47-50).

Clearly the good are retained and kept, but the bad are severed and taken away! If ever there is to be a rapture, it will be A RAPTURE OF THE WICKED, not of the saints!

https://bible-truths.com/towers.htm

Matt. 24:21-22- "For then [when? At the END of this age, Verse 3] shall be GREAT TRIBULATION [pressure, anguish, affliction, persecution, tribulation, trouble] , such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no nor EVER SHALL BE. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened."

Yes, there will be salvation for the human race, but it will happen only after a great slaughter of humanity to the point that no flesh would remain alive except for God shortening that period of carnage. Are we told elsewhere of such a great slaughter of humanity? Yes we are, back to Isaiah 30:

"And there shall be upon every high mountain, and upon every high hill, rivers and streams of water [yes God will bring peace to the earth, but He also tells us when this will be...] in the day of the GREAT SLAUGHTER, WHEN THE TOWERS FALL" (Verse 25).

Is it me, or is Ray applying a literal interpretation to what I thought was a parable in Mat. 24:21,22? I'm beginning to wonder where I got this idea that the great affliction Jesus mentioned was only in the future, in the Great White Throne Judgment/Second Death/Lake of Fire. It could be that I'm not rightly dividing the word of truth (2Ti 2:15) in this instance. Which means that the part about great affliction is a parable to them, seeing how the elect are appointed to tribulation and are not to be taken out of the world. But the part about most of mankind being wiped out is true. Can you, Pamela, or anyone else explain?

It seems more than ever that the world is afraid that the world is about to end. It's easy to get caught up in that fear, especially when the church is pushing hard to scare everyone. I hope that we can figure out what Jesus meant in the parable we are discussing. Otherwise, maybe we can at least try to comfort one another in these times.

Please forgive the excessive spacing between the paragraphs. It's the only way I know how to keep everything from bunching up and looking like a mess.  It's possible I missed a few spaces here and there between paragraphs, so it may end up looking bad either way due to the formatting.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 10:14:16 AM by Porter »
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

octoberose

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2023, 10:31:44 AM »

Porter, what a labor of love that was. 

I have not known what to make of the sequence of events of Noah . It is a good point to bring up.

How do we resolve this?
1 Thessalonians 4:17 - Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Or Matthew 24:31
 And he will send out his angles with a loud trumpet call and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other .

You mentioned the fact that Jesus only taught in parables ( I keep trying to tell people that and they don’t believe me - Matt 13).   But he only taught the masses in parables and then he would tell the disciples what he is referring to and would teach them in greater depth.  Revelation is a vision to John, from an Angel, from Christ, from his Father.  So, discerning that vision is… complicated and one of those matters that I have to keep seeking . 

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2023, 01:15:07 PM »

Porter, thank you for taking the time to reply. These are bewildering times we
live in but we do have the privilege of knowing that Our Lord is doing a strange
work on the earth.
Isaiah 28:21.’…For the Lord shall rise up as in Mount Perazim, He shall be wroth
as in the valley of Gibeon that He May do His work , His strange work and bring
to pass His act , His strange act.

We know God is changing humanity from what we are into what He is. We know
why . I think what we don’t quite understand yet is the how.

I would like to address the scripture 1 Thessalonians 4:17 and I think Ray uses the
Concordant version here.

Thereupon we, the living who are surviving, shall at the same time be snatched away
together with them in the clouds to MEET the Lord in the air.

I believe this is talking about a literal meeting as taught by Ray . Maybe our mods
or anyone else who knows exactly where this is taught can help us find it. I know I studied it and I have seen it being discussed in many posts .  But did you notice.
It’s the living who are SURVIVING. Surviving what?

From the Rapture Paper. Here is what Ray had to say.

“ We are not being rescued out of indignation today. But those who are ALIVE
at the COMING indignation will be rescued out of it. None of God’s saints are
appointed to indignation ( wrath) and only those ALIVE at His actual coming
will be rescued( Greek, dragged away from danger) from it.
There are two vivifiications after Christ the first fruit. Those who are Christs in His presence and thereafter the consummation ( 1Cor. 15: 22-23}
All believers are in the first catagory. ( At the unveiling 2 Thes. 1:7-8)

Whether we are alive or dead when Christ returns , we will be snatched away
meeting the Lord in the air or being resurrected from the dead.

Drowsers will not be locked out of the kingdom .
The parable of the ten virgins is relevant to this study also.
May our Lord give us wisdom , eyes to see and ears to hear and endurance
to overcome the things coming on the world.
There is more I want to discuss but I have to rest those old hands for awhile.

Octoberose, I gave up trying to convince people the truth.
The blind can’t see. And when Jesus returns, will He find faith on the earth? No
very little. 
More to come, gotta eat something. God Bless you all.

Porter , I want you to know that I appreciate your fellowship as I do all
who love the truth. Jesus is the truth. Jesus is everything. 💕

Porter

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2023, 06:18:06 AM »

Rose, I agree with Pamela. It's pointless to try to convince anyone of the things we believe here, no matter how much Scriptural proof we have. Even if you do prove them wrong, you might still lose the sale, as Ray liked to say. I've had better success sharing the truth with Universalist than I did sharing with “infernalists”. Even then, those that believed were few and far in between.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 06:21:13 AM by Porter »

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2023, 04:30:24 PM »

The Parable of the ten virgins.

From the Rapture Paper Ray explains.

Being sober- minded / awake.

Matt.25:7…. then all those virgins rose and trimmed their lamps.
Luke 12:35……keep your lamps burning, vs. 36 and be like men who are
waiting for their master.
1 Peter 1:13 …….. Therfore preparing your minds for action, and being sober minded
set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of
Jesus Christ.
Luke 12:43.’…..’Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when
He comes.

Drowsers will not be locked out of the Kingdom.

1:Thes. 5:10, ………wether we be watching or drowsing, we should be living
at the same time together with Him.

This scripture speaks of death as sleep , dozens of times.

Paul is merely mirroring the words of his Lord.
The woman in Matt. 9:18 had died yet Jesus said that she was drowsing,vs.24.

Paul said,” those who do drowse , drowse at night.
Since we are not of the night or darkness , we do not drowse. Those who are
not watchful concerning the things of the Lord are like drunks who drink and
sleep off their drunkenness at night. That’s the spiritual application.

We are to remain sober.
Acts 20:31…. Paul admonishes his disciples to watch. In Corth. 16:13 , Paul
commands , ,,, watch and Col. 4:2 …. In prayer, perserving , watching.

In the parable of the ten virgins , they all nod and drowsed.
The five that were locked out was because they were stupid
and didn’t buy any oil.

Yes, the many called and few chosen.

Porter

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2023, 08:57:20 AM »

Great find Pamela! More and more, it's starting to seem like the parable of the Ten Virgins is pointing to the few being resurrected to life and the many being resurrected to judgment. It really is all one.

Mat 13:36  Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
Mat 13:37  He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
Mat 13:38  The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
Mat 13:39  The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
Mat 13:40  As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
Mat 13:41  The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
Mat 13:42  And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 13:43  Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

The story of Noah's Flood makes a bit more sense to me now. Only a specific part of the earth's region was flooded. And we know from Ray that the earth represents the many in the Church. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 09:14:01 AM by Porter »

Porter

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2023, 04:53:32 PM »

This is interesting and maybe another piece of the “puzzle”?

Joe 2:2  a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and dense overcast, like the dawn spreading over the mountains; a great and strong people appears, such as never existed in ages past and never will again in all the generations to come.

Is it me, or is Jesus quoting Joel 2:2?

Mat 24:21  For at that time there will be great tribulation, the kind that hasn't taken place from the beginning of the world until now and never will again!

I can't help but to think that Jesus is referring to His army of chosen saints as “great tribulation”. If you read that entire chapter in Joel 2, it indicates an Army that is quick, efficient and disciplined. I was immediately reminded of the song “when the saints go marching in”. I wonder if Joel 2 was the inspiration for the lyrics of that song.

I couldn't help notice the similarities between the following verses.

Mat 24:22  Unless those days (those days of great tribulation) were limited, no one would survive. But those days will be limited because of the elect.

Rom 9:27  And concerning Israel, Isaiah the prophet cried out, "Though the people of Israel are as numerous as the sand of the seashore, only a remnant will be saved.

Rom 9:28  For the LORD will carry out His sentence upon the earth quickly and with finality."

Rom 9:29  And Isaiah said the same thing in another place: "If the LORD of Heaven's Armies had not spared a few of our children, we would have been wiped out like Sodom, destroyed like Gomorrah."

Any thoughts?

octoberose

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2023, 01:02:22 AM »

Well, I think great tribulation is great trouble.  Something not pleasant. But, if you’re right then you’ve been given something that is very special to hold onto and to share. It’s a whole new way of looking at it that’s for sure. 

Porter

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2023, 10:45:33 AM »

I don't know if it's correct, hence me putting it out there. I guess I'm just looking for assurance and a better way to look at Mat 24:21,22.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2023, 03:41:44 PM »

Rev.7:9……a great multitude that no one could number…….
Rev.7:9…….clothed in white robes….. ( white symbol for righteousness)
Vs.13 ……. Then one of the elders addressed me saying,” Who are these
clothed in white robes and from where have they come?

Vs.14….. I said to him,” Sir , you know. And he said to me.”
“ These are the ones COMING OUT of ( the) great tribulation.
They have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the
Lamb.”

There is not THE  great tribulation. But tribulation/ affliction on God’s Elect .

Rev.19:14…. and the armies of heaven(s) arrayed in fine linen , white and pure
were following Him on white horses.

I understand this scripture to be talking about Jesus return with His army,
( raised incorruptible, ) and
His saints, who are removed from the earth , whether they are alive or asleep
in the grave) to meet the Lord in the air and begin their reign with Christ.

Dan.12:1 At that Time shall arise Michael, the Great Prince who has charge of
your people. And there shall be a time of trouble such as never has been since
there was a nation till that time. BUT AT THAT TIME, your people shall be delivered,
everyone whose name shall be found written in the book.

The book of the life of the Lamb , is how I heard Ray teach it.

See Jer. 30:7, Mark 13:19, Matt 24: 21, Rev. 16:18, awesome scripture this one.

I hope this helps. May God Bless you all in this present evil time.
Hang in there , endure to the end.

The Gospel of the Kingdom. Ray explains mush of this right towards the end .

Porter

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2023, 04:59:10 PM »

Thanks, Pamela, that helps a lot. I've read all of Ray's papers that deal with the word tribulation, and so I strongly agree that the Elect are appointed to tribulation. I suppose the addition of the word “great” before the word “tribulation” is throwing me off. More than that, I'm having a hard time believing that what the world is experiencing now is the same spiritual tribulation that the Elect is experiencing now are the same thing.

Dynamo54

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2023, 05:56:19 PM »

Porter, I too understand our tribulation to be mainly or mostly spiritual in nature (not to put words in your mouth). I am not negating the physical aspect to tribulation that it seems many many scriptures imply, but more and more I am unsure how the “tribulation” will unfold for the elect and the world.

I used to always think like most there would be huge cataclysmic events. While I can’t totally rule that out, the more I think and study, and how remembering how. Ray really emphasized how Christ’s words are Spiritual, especially Revelation, I am tending to think it is spiritual battle/events scripture is talking about. Now don’t paint me as a heretic 😀😀 just yet!

The Eternal, He is God!

Porter

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2023, 08:54:11 PM »

Nah your fine Dynamo, that doesn't make you a heretic. I, too, understand that the physical has an effect on the spiritual condition of the Elect. Nor am I denying the possibility of a literal earth ending event. I just hate it when the Church uses the things happening in the world to try to scare everyone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.