> General Discussions

Israel

<< < (2/9) > >>

mike kyner:
always thought i was supposed to know everything but i'm slowly learning differently

Porter:
I feel ya mike. As weird as this sounds, I asked God about it the other day and asked Him to show me. Not that I thought I was someone special that He had to show me anything, mind you. Here are some passages that came to mind either way.

Php 3:10  My goal is to know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,
Php 3:11  assuming that I will somehow reach the resurrection from among the dead.
Php 3:12  Not that I have already reached the goal or am already fully mature, but I make every effort to take hold of it because I also have been taken hold of by Christ Jesus.
Php 3:13  Brothers, I do not consider myself to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead,
Php 3:14  I pursue as my goal the prize promised by God's heavenly call in Christ Jesus.

To me, this goes hand in hand with this next verse, especially the bolded part from Php 3:13. Paul is referring to all that he once believed and lived for when he was Saul, the Pharisee.

Rev 18:4  Then I heard another voice from heaven: Come out of her, My people, so that you will not share in her sins, or receive any of her plagues.

Another witness.

Php 3:5  circumcised the eighth day; of the nation of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew born of Hebrews; as to the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6  as to zeal, persecuting the church; as to the righteousness that is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7  But everything that was a gain to me, I have considered to be a loss because of Christ.
Php 3:8  More than that, I also consider everything to be a loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. Because of Him I have suffered the loss of all things and consider them filth, so that I may gain Christ

Made me wonder how much of my previous knowledge of “prophecy” is worth keeping or even true? What happens when Christ is revealed or made known to me? It must be something, as Paul thought it was worth pursuing above all else.

But yeah, the passages above seem different from when I first read them.

octoberose:
Truth be told I have felt  things in the past week I just didn’t expect. I have been all in that the people who committed the killings and rapes in Israel just be dead. Just kill them all - I’m perfectly fine with that.  I don’t seem to mind that Israel is bombing Gaza. And then I’m wondering what I’m going to accept as behavior or beliefs in my life when I’m a God follower. Truly, I don’t have an easy answer because I’m not a a believer in letting people slaughter your children.  But I don’t believe in revenge either.  I wanted to be defiant and angry, but defiance and anger get you nowhere .  I asked my husband what the early Christian’s would have done ( I already knew the answer but…) and he said they would accept death. 
 I don’t know how some of you are feeling but I don’t see that a war in Israel is just a coincidence .  I believe we are in the last days , and this is all part of it.   I don’t want to be on the wrong side of God because I’m outraged.  I think I need a little help in dealing with it all.

Porter:
I can relate to being angry and the outrage you are feeling, I really can. Just thinking about the fact that MORE killing is the only answer to them infuriates me, but I didn't always care people were killing each other. Then I remembered it's supposed to be this way for now. In this way, it seems my senses are being exercised.

Heb 5:14  But solid food is for the mature--for those whose senses have been trained to distinguish between good and evil.

I don't believe in coincidences myself, as God has determined a time for everything we experience.

Ecc 3:1 For everything there is a stated time, And a season for every event under the heavens:

Ecc 3:10  I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised [Hebrew: humbled] in it.

It never seems to stop. I often fail in trying to discern good from evil, whether in the world or in myself, but God always reminds me He is still in total control. I think this is how faith is exercised and improved. We can know this because how many in the world believe God creates and control's evil? How many believe, whether we stand or fall, it is ultimately because of God? I can't help but come to the conclusion the world is a training ground, just as Ray said, and now I know why Ray said that. I, personally, couldn't have known it unless I first experienced constantly failing and constantly being made to stand up and try again, over and over and over once more.

Joh 16:33  These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

It's so easy to get down on ourselves and the world. Hence, the warning.

Mat 13:22  Now the one sown among the thorns--this is one who hears the word, but the worries of this age and the seduction of wealth choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.

Maybe it's only a problem when we lean onto the understanding and knowledge of our carnal minds and false prophets?

Luk 6:24  But woe to you who are rich, because you have received your comfort.

Luk 6:25  Woe to you who are full now, because you will be hungry. Woe to you who are laughing now, because you will mourn and weep.
Luk 6:26  Woe to you when all people speak well of you, because this is the way their ancestors used to treat the false prophets.In light of the parable above, this next verse makes so much more sense now, doesn't it?
1Co 10:7  Don't become idolaters as some of them were; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and got up to play.

It's all one.

Mat 24:37  As the days of Noah were, so the coming of the Son of Man will be.

Mat 24:38  For in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day Noah boarded the ark.

You're right rose, these are “the last days”, but would you agree we've been in the last days since the Day of Pentecost over 2000 years ago? Has Jesus not been gathering His Elect into the Ark since then? What is Noah's flood but a type or shadow of spiritual baptism? This is what Peter said on the Day of Pentecost, when the gift of the Holy Spirit was pored out on the disciples.

Act 2:38  "Repent," Peter said to them, "and be baptized, each of you, in the name of Jesus the Messiah for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Ray always said how Jesus comes to every believer in every generation quickly. But how many believed his report?

I know this stuff isn't easy to understand, so believe me when I say I'm often surprised with what little I understand at times.

arion:

--- Quote from: octoberose on October 15, 2023, 06:22:05 PM ---
 I don’t know how some of you are feeling but I don’t see that a war in Israel is just a coincidence .  I believe we are in the last days , and this is all part of it.   I don’t want to be on the wrong side of God because I’m outraged.  I think I need a little help in dealing with it all.

--- End quote ---

These days we’re written before the foundation of the earth and have to come to pass the way God knows that they must and that also includes the slaughter of the innocents.  Even in the old testament at times God told the children of Israel to totally wipe out their enemies men, woman and children.  I recoil at that of course as we all do.  Some things are well above our pay grade even though I am beginning to grasp the necessity of some of these things.

What I often remind myself of is that Jesus is the savior of the world, he will save the world including the Hamas and Islamic animals and but by the grace of God go I.  And if there was a better way for God to accomplish his will then he would do it that way.

A audio teaching that Ray did you might find helpful here as you and I might have been born into one of those radical Islamic families;

http://bible-truths.com/audio/N05%20Guilty_of_ALL.mp3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version