> General Discussions

Adam created immortal?

(1/3) > >>

indianabob:
On a new topic I have been wondering about.
When Adam took of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, did he lose immortality?
If not then why not?
If God administered punishment by telling Adam that he would be dying because of his disobedience.
then was he not dying previously?
=
Inquiring minds want to know.

Genesis 3:22

octoberose:
Hey Bob, I don’t think he was dying before the unfortunate run in with a serpent and the fruit .  Sin brings forth death, so I don’t think death was a reality for them until they sinned.  But afterwards, the process of death began, and continues …. Until it’s thrown into a very particular lake.  :)

arion:
Lose immortality?  Did he have it to begin with or was he created mortal to begin with?  If you are immortal how can you lose it?  Oxymoron there to my way of thinking.

ralph:

--- Quote from: indianabob on October 26, 2023, 11:39:43 PM ---On a new topic I have been wondering about.
When Adam took of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, did he lose immortality?
If not then why not?
If God administered punishment by telling Adam that he would be dying because of his disobedience.
then was he not dying previously?
=
Inquiring minds want to know.

Genesis 3:22

--- End quote ---

When you look at the scripture from a spiritual perspective, it makes perfect sense. 

Adam and Eve sinned, and we know that sin brings forth death, spiritually speaking.

James 1:15

15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

Dennis Vogel:

--- Quote from: arion on October 27, 2023, 05:55:04 AM ---Lose immortality?  Did he have it to begin with or was he created mortal to begin with?  If you are immortal how can you lose it?  Oxymoron there to my way of thinking.

--- End quote ---

Agree - Adam and Eve were Not Created Perfect in the Image of God! https://youtu.be/gX4djlwUPKU?si=oDQJk_kv68w5wgAc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version