> General Discussions

Ray’s Legacy

<< < (2/2)

arion:
I greatly appreciated Ray but in truth he taught me nothing nor any of us.  Ray was the instrument that God used to present biblical truth to us and God himself opened our understanding in his time.  I stumbled across (or so I thought) Ray’s tithing paper and was astounded and as much as I wanted I couldn’t argue with it.

Several months later I came across the website again and started reading the LOF series and less than a quarter of the way through the first installment I clicked off the computer in disgust when Ray claimed that the teaching on hell taught by the churches was false as Jesus himself taught much about hell.  I thought Ray to be just another cultist and heretic and reckoned (on tithing) that even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

But months later I came back and started with the LOF and the scales started to fall away.  The difference was it was God’s time for me to understand some things.  Since Ray passed many years ago now at times I have been disappointed that there are few to any teachers of the truth today.  But in truth we have no need for any man to teach us 1 Jn2:27 as God himself teaches us and leads us into all truth.

Ray was the instrument and almost every time I reread an article or listen to a teaching I glean something new but in truth God was the one that taught us and opened our eyes.

Rene:

--- Quote from: arion on November 19, 2023, 09:04:46 AM ---I greatly appreciated Ray but in truth he taught me nothing nor any of us.  Ray was the instrument that God used to present biblical truth to us and God himself opened our understanding in his time.

Ray was the instrument and almost every time I reread an article or listen to a teaching I glean something new but in truth God was the one that taught us and opened our eyes.

--- End quote ---

Yes, it is ALL of God.  God "gifted" Ray with the knowledge and ability to "teach" these amazing truths, and it was God who gave us the "eyes" to see and the "heart" to believe.  All praise and honor to our heavenly Father and Lord and Savior Christ Jesus.  :)

indianabob:
Thanks for sharing your experiences Dynamo, very helpful and encouraging.
Indiana Bob

larrylynndavis:
I have been studying Ray's teachings for a few years now. I more I study the more clarity I get.  Just recently I stopped going to a bible study in where they were using teachings of Tony Evans.  I noted how Mr. Evans in teaching on John 17 added to scripture and no one there except me picked up on it.

Rom_11:8  just as it is written [in Scripture], "GOD GAVE THEM A SPIRIT OF STUPOR, EYES THAT DO NOT SEE AND EARS THAT DO NOT HEAR, [a spiritual apathy that has continued] TO THIS VERY DAY." [Deu_29:4; Isa_29:10]
2Ti_4:3  For the time will come when people will not tolerate sound doctrine and accurate instruction [that challenges them with God's truth]; but wanting to have their ears tickled [with something pleasing], they will accumulate for themselves [many] teachers [one after another, chosen] to satisfy their own desires and to support the errors they hold,
2Ti_4:4  and will turn their ears away from the truth and will wander off into myths and man-made fictions [and will accept the unacceptable].

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version