> Testimonies / Prayer Requests / Fellowship

I need clarity

(1/3) > >>

octoberose:
Could you help me with something ? If someone close to you lives in a way you know to be against God and His way , but they don’t recognize God or things of God, and they want your love and respect - and you do love them. You know God has not opened their eyes yet or drawn them to Himself.  How do you, specifically, love the person and honor God? You can’t say it doesn’t matter, how they live, what they do, but Christ spent virtually no time telling gentiles how to live.  He offered himself as living water,  He made no excuses for anybody.  He was kind to the extreme.  What would you say he did with the unbelieving and how do we respond when loving the sinner ( understanding that if we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves ).  Thank you for listening.

ralph:
Christ didn't instruct the Gentiles while on planet Earth but he has instructed many millions of them spiritually. 

John 16:7-11
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

I don't know the particular details of your relationship, but I have someone close to me as well and I correct and instruct this person often.  For me it is not possible to do anything else.  For me, to tell this person the truth is kindness, love and respect.

indianabob:
Hello Ralph,
Thanks for the good advice.
Just curious, how do these folks that you correct receive it?
Do they after learning of a better way of understanding continue in the better way and correct themselves as they practice the leading you have provided?

Has the correction born fruit of the spirit? Or has the correction just been politely ignored?

I have four children and a few good friends who are close to me as well, and mostly I notice very little personal interest on their part in sharing the good news with others.

My conclusion is that for them it is not the time of their enlightenment.
I have decided to accept God's will in these matters, knowing that God will handle it at the appropriate time.
Indy Bob

p.s.
Crist Jesus did send apostle Paul to the gentiles as shown in the letter to the Romans.

octoberose:
Crist Jesus did send apostle Paul to the gentiles as shown in the letter to the Romans.

Very true. 

indianabob:

--- Quote from: octoberose on November 27, 2023, 11:39:58 PM ---Crist Jesus did send apostle Paul to the gentiles as shown in the letter to the Romans.

Very true.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the reply.
So then are we gentiles or are we Jewish proselytes or some other category of believer.??

Indy Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version