bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a type/shadow in 1 Sam 17:34-36  (Read 3942 times)

B18bhatch

Is there a type/shadow in 1 Sam 17:34-36
« on: August 28, 2006, 03:57:32 PM »

34And David said unto Saul, Thy servant kept his father's sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock:35And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered [it] out of his mouth: and when he arose against me, I caught [him]
by his beard, and smote him, and slew him 36Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.

I dont know how to say it or put it in words,but can it be that its showing that Jesus would not allow the enemy to take not one of his sheep. its hard for me to explain,but maybe someone sees what im seeing and can put it in better words.

God Bless

gmik

Re: Is there a type/shadow in 1 Sam 17:34-36
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 09:14:54 PM »

hhhmmmmm....???????

There should be since they're for our examples.  There is always the is, was, and will be aspect too.  But greater minds than mine will have to answer this one.

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 06:13:44 AM »

It is obvious from the parable of the one and 99 sheep that God is intent to protect His one sheep. The one is representative of the few and the 88 the many and they are left in the wilderness.

Jesus makes this point also in His own prayer in John 17

(Joh 17:9 KJVR)
 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

(Joh 17:10 KJVR)
And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

(Joh 17:11 KJVR) 
And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

(Joh 17:12 KJVR) 
While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the Scripture might be fulfilled.

(Joh 17:13 KJVR) 
And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

(Joh 17:14 KJVR) 
I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

(Joh 17:15 KJVR)
I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

(Joh 17:16 KJVR) 
They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

(Joh 17:17 KJVR)
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

All of God's people (the remaining 99 and the Phillistine and the lion and bear ) will All eventually be reconcilled to God in the LOF

Beloved

gmik

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 02:57:24 PM »

Beloved, wonderful scriptures.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.