> Off Topic Discussions

How long humans have been on earth

(1/2) > >>

waterfall77:
Does anyone know how long humans have been on the earth. I've looked up what the church thinks and what people who believe in evolution think. I thought the truth would be somewhere in between. Just curious if anyone knows.
Thanks Aubrey

Porter:
Found this from Wikipedia.org:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_history
“Modern humans evolved in Africa around 300,000 years ago and initially lived as hunter-gatherers. They migrated out of Africa during the Last Glacial Period (Ice Age) and had populated most of the Earth by the time the Ice Age ended 12,000 years ago.”

Most of the sources I checked out say the same thing. Interestingly, most sources also note that human civilizations began around 6000 years ago when they began farming.

waterfall77:
Thanks Porter,
That's what I found too. My next question is where is the correlation with Adam and Eve? I have heard Ray say that there were other people on earth at the time of Adam and Eve. So was 300,000 years ago the same time Adam and Eve were on the earth. Also was Adam and Eve mentioned in the Bible because that was the start of God's genealogy,
the start of His people (Israel)? I need a Biblical history lesson.😀
Aubrey

Porter:
I don't know most of the literal and technical details pertaining to the timeline of Adam and Eve. However, I do think similar to you in that Adam and Eve were the beginning of God's genealogy, spiritually speaking.

If Adam is a type of Christ, and Eve is a type of Christ's Bride, then the words "be fruitful and multiply" gives their relationship a whole new meaning.

Gen 1:28  God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, and subdue it. Rule the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, and every creature that crawls on the earth."

1Co 15:28  And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Ray was right when he stated that God is "Declaring the end from the beginning" (Isa 46:10), starting with the Adam and Eve story. Aside from this, I know very little.

Apologies if the answers I gave you weren't what you were seeking. Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable will come along and give us both a biblical history lesson. :)

waterfall77:
Thank you for your response Porter,  it does help. I also wouldn't mind going a little deeper on the topic.🙂

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version