> Off Topic Discussions

(1/1)

Daddysgirl.2:
P.S. I'm not a complainer and it's one of the intolerances)e I still have to overcome myself. So you won't be seeing many musings like this again. ;)

ralph:
You are in pain. When we are in pain, we complain. It's in our nature as carnal humans. I still do it. Not as much as I used to, but I still complain. As your understanding increases, the complaining will decrease.

Abednego:
I got so upset one time I actually accused God of hating me. Out loud. Not sure that you can possibly smear His character any more than that. So you're in good company. I know the day will come when I will have deeper understanding regarding the suffering in my life, but today is not that day.

ralph:

--- Quote from: Abednego on May 21, 2024, 04:35:57 PM ---I got so upset one time I actually accused God of hating me. Out loud. Not sure that you can possibly smear His character any more than that. So you're in good company. I know the day will come when I will have deeper understanding regarding the suffering in my life, but today is not that day.

--- End quote ---

I've done that and worse.  Perhaps the following scriptures might help your understanding:

Romans 5:3-5
Not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

James 1:2-4
My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

1 Peter 4:12-13
Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.

Romans 8:18
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

2 Corinthians 4:17
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.

Psalm 34:19
Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version