bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduction I'm a newbie  (Read 6375 times)

kennymac

Introduction I'm a newbie
« on: August 31, 2006, 02:09:43 AM »

Hello,

My name is Mary Ann and this is my testimony. Born into a middle class family I was raised by my mother and father along with my two brothers. Had my first child at 17 and married at 21. I became totally obsessed with financial success, chasing it with all my heart knowing that financial success was necessary to achieve happiness. By the age of 32 I was earning a six figure income I had obtained my dream. It occurred to me that I was not happy at all, in fact I was more miserable then I had ever been. I now came to the realization that it was love that I was missing. I divorced my childhood sweet heart. Married a man who was also making 6 figures, we had it all love, money the ability to do what ever we wanted when ever we wanted. Ferrari parked in the garage along with the Mercedes. We were the awe of all we new. I'm not saying this to brag we were netting over 500,000 a year that is minus taxes. I'm saying this for any one who doesn't know... money doesn't make you happy. Guess what? I once again found myself miserable. We had started using drugs, cocaine and heroin. It took us 6 years to loose everything we worked a life time to have. Not only did we loose all that we had we also developed serious legal issues my husband spent 2 years incarcerated and I did 8 months. The good news is that somewhere in the midst of all this I cried out to God. I dislike when  people say when you have nothing else to turn to you turn to God. In my case it was the opposite. When I realized that I was chasing an empty dream, that the money and the love did not equal happiness and there was nothing else to hope for I just wanted to check out. That was the scariest thing I ever went through. But God saved the day, I cried out to Him and he sent his workers. A woman that worked for me stuck her head in my office I asked her where she was going she said to read my bible. I followed her like a magnet. God used TV and Christian preaching over the radio to begin His work in me.I have been a born again christian 7 years now. I love the brethren, they love the lord and they gave me all they had. HOWEVER I always new their was something different about me. The Lord put a strong desire in my heart to read his word. It was as if I was possessed. I did not know what was happening to me but I knew it was bigger than me and it was not of me. I can remember hearing someone on the radio say you must love the Lord. I was laughing thinking these people are going a little to far, how can I love something I can not see, touch or feel. Anyway for the next 3 years I studied the word with an intense passion. I taught myself, I repented and I was beginning to know the Lord at this point I said to the Lord I have been walking with you for the past 3 years doing all that you have asked of me and I'm not even sure  if you really exist. If this is the way it's going to be I think I'll be on my way. Maybe a month or so later It hit me. I had an abundance of peace,,joy and love I was loosing everything I owned and I was walking through the mess with a smile on my face. I knew I had found something so much better and I knew all would be well.I knew that I knew that I knew He was real.He stole my heart he robbed me blind.  My experience with main stream Christianity was pleasant for the most part but again I always had a strong sense that something was wrong. I was attending a Pentecostal church. I would never judge them because I knew they loved the lord, but there were many teachings that  were not scriptural and as Ray say's I could prove it. I left that church and found myself involved in another Pentecostal church "boy can they praise the Lord" I again was feeling so uncomfortable and  for the last year I have been praying to the Lord to show me what church I belong in. I finally said Lord I don't have a clue and I am not going anywhere. If you want me out you are going to have to give me a Damascus experience so when the time comes I will know that it is you who leads. The rest is history. I discovered Ray's sight about 3 weeks ago It seems it all finally makes sense.

I'm happy to say that I have been clean for almost 3 years now. I have not been financially restored to the position I once held, I'm far from it but I live in a nice house and am quite comfortable and above all things I trust in the Lord, I love Him with all my heart and all my soul. I have surrendered my life into his hands. Father your will not mine.

That's my story. I could really use some christian Friends in agreement with what I believe. All my other friends rebuke me and tell me I am in serious danger of Hell fire I love them but things are different now. I live in NJ so if there is anyone out there who needs a Friend give me a holler I've been asking God for sometime now to give me just a few real christian freinds lets hope this is it. I long for my spiritual family.

prarrydog

Re: Introduction I'm a newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 03:01:28 AM »

Welcome Mary Ann,

Wow!  That is quite a story.  You should write a book.  ;D  I am happy that you are here and look forward to talking with you in the future.  You are probably much better off now than what you were before(with $$$).

Luk 18:25  For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Keep studying and I will talk to you soon

With love
Scott

MG

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 03:33:13 AM »

Welcome Mary Ann,

Thank you for sharing your story with all of us. I always enjoy hearing how everyone got here.

I'm still amazed that I finally found others. I used to sit and pray for those who were walking alone. I didn't know who they were, but I knew there had to be others. My brother and I learned truth together and it was very hard to be separated from everything else. I can't imagine doing that alone. There is so much more to learn here that I feel like a kid in a candy store.

3 years clean is a miracle and a lot of hard work. :)

ned

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 08:53:50 AM »

Hi Mary Ann,
God led you here to find Christian friends that are in agreement with your beliefs (the truth!).
Welcome.
Love,
Marie

chuckusa

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 03:31:23 PM »

Mary Ann,

Amen......thats all I can say.

You arent going to hell, and you are loved...I know this for sure.

Your brother,
Chuck

p.s. welcome sister!

orion77

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 08:44:31 PM »

Welcome to the forum Mary Ann,

Thanks for sharing that incredible testimony.  I see God has put the diligence to search for truth in you.

Hope to hear more from you.  God bless.

Gary

gmik

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 10:14:45 PM »

Welcome Mary Ann.  God Bless You.

What a lifetime of experiences you have already lived.  The best is yet to come!  Thank you for sharing with us.  I can remember back to my first 3 weeks on Rays sight.  What fun!  I couldn't believe what I was reading but knew it was the truth and I couldn't get enough.

It is truly lifechanging.  Looking forward to your fellowshipping with us on the forum!

Gena

Layla

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 10:24:19 PM »

Hi Mary Ann

Welcome to the forum.  I'm in NJ too!  I look forward to getting to know you!

Peace,
Layla

Beloved

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 11:47:13 PM »

Welsome Mary Ann. I have to keep it short because I have a lot to do tonight and have to get up very early. 

Hope you enjoy the fellowship on this forum.  Your introduction was awsome. 

Beloved   

mongoose

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 01:10:46 PM »

Welcome Mary Ann!!

RobRoyal

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 11:33:14 PM »

Hi Mary Ann and welcome,
Loved your testimony and can relate to much of it. Am clean and sober as well, keep on keepin on, this is a great place to continue pursuit of God's truth.
God bless
Rob

kennymac

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2006, 01:08:05 AM »

Hello Gary,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I feel so blessed to have found this sight. Our God is so faithful and true. I am so filled with joy as he continues to reveal himself to me and with each revelation he becomes more beautiful.

God Bless,

Mary Ann

shoani

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2006, 09:08:09 AM »

welcome Mary-ann.
i can relate to the emptyness U felt. all this things are earthly and can never satisfy a soul. one need food for the soul. U have gone through what U did for a reason blive me. serve a purpose and change people's life with that testimoney.

welcome once again and my advice to U will be: seek his kingdom first and everything else will take fall in place.

kennymac

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2006, 11:19:14 PM »

Hello,

Thanks for taking out the time to respond. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Peace and Grace to you,

Mary Ann
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.