bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus came to save us from...  (Read 8774 times)

orion77

Jesus came to save us from...
« on: August 31, 2006, 05:46:49 PM »

Since so many cant get the false idea of hell out of their mind, I thought it would be important to see what the bible actually says about what He saves us from.

(Mat 1:21)  And she will bear a son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He shall save His people from their sins.

(Mat 18:11)  For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost.

(Mat 18:12)  What do you think? If there be to any man a hundred sheep, and one of them strays away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains, and having gone he seeks the one having strayed?

(Mat 18:13)  And if he happens to find it, truly I say to you that he rejoices over it more than over the ninety-nine not having gone astray.

(Mat 18:14)  So it is not the will before your Father in Heaven that one of these little ones should perish.

(Luk 19:10)  For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the one being lost.

(Joh 12:47)  And if anyone hears My Words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come that I might judge the world, but that I might save the world.

(1Ti 1:15)  Faithful is the Word and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.

(Psa 6:4)  O Jehovah, return, deliver my soul; save me for Your mercy's sake.

(Isa 35:4)  Say to those of a hasty heart, Be strong! Do not fear! Behold, your God will come with vengeance; with the full dealing of God, He will come and save you.

(Isa 35:5)  Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf opened.

(Zec 10:6)  And I will make stronger the house of Judah, and I will save the house of Joseph. And I will return to save them, for I have pity on them. And they shall be as though I had not cast them off, for I am Jehovah their God, and I will answer them.

Saves us for the sake of His mercy, sheds incredible insight into the character of our God.

God bless,

Gary

YellowStone

Re: Jesus came to save us from...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 07:04:06 PM »

Gary, what a wonderful Post! :)

No mention of the word HEL anywhere. Have you ever wondered what type of person would choose to belive in such utter garbage as physical torture in a firey furnance? I mean, are they scared fearless, on a power trip, or what

But the kicker is that the same people ignore the God give Scripture that you present even while professing that their God is all Loving.

Even I can see that there is something wrong with this analogy.

Perhaps your post will help some come to a clearer understanding, by the will of God.

Well done :)

Darren

mongoose

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 07:29:36 PM »

Gary,
   Great post.  It is nice to be reminded that, even without the mythical hell, there is a lot that we still need to be saved from.  I love the image of Christ as a shepherd too.  I always find that so comforting.   :D

Thanks!!!!!

mongoose

orion77

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 07:50:27 PM »

Thanks for the replies,

I think many don't take the time to search for truth :

(Isa 26:9)  With my soul I desire You in the night; yea, with my spirit within me I diligently seek You. For when Your judgments are in the earth, those living in the world learn righteousness.

Interesting definition of the word 'diligently' used here:

H7836
ùׁçø
shâchar
shaw-khar'
A primitive root; properly to dawn, that is, (figuratively) be (up) early at any task (with the implication of earnestness); by extension to search for (with painstaking): - [do something] betimes, enquire early, rise (seek) betimes, seek (diligently) early, in the morning).

Most learn of God this way:

(Col 2:8)  Watch that there not be one robbing you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the elements of the world, and not according to Christ.

(Mar 7:6)  And answering, He said to them, Well did Isaiah prophesy concerning you, hypocrites; as it has been written: "This people honors Me with the lips, but their heart is far away from Me;

(Mar 7:7)  and in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men." Isa. 29:13

Here is a few that are good:

(Isa 30:18)  And so Jehovah waits to be gracious to you. And for this He is exalted to have mercy on you; for Jehovah is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for Him.

(Hos 6:6)  For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

(Mic 6:8)  O man, He has declared to you what is good. And what does Jehovah require of you, but to do justice, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

(Psa 52:8)  But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God forever and ever.

God bless,

Gary

prarrydog

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 10:50:52 PM »

Hi Gary,

Great post.  When I first came to the BT forum I loved reading the controversial posts, the arguments etc. etc.  I was not too interested in your posts because they contained none of this.  Now I find as I mature I hate the posts I used to love and I love the edifying, fruitful posts.  So many here always have positive, loving posts that always pick me up, but the three that stand out the most for me are you, Bobby and Joe.  I just wanted to let you know this.  Somedays I don't know what I would do without you guys.  I thank the Lord for bringing me here.

God be with you brother
with love
Scott

chuckusa

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 12:25:35 AM »

Scott,

I give your reply a resounding AMEN! I will add a second witness to that!

Love is the answer to all the questions we have...it is a quiet whisper that can all too easily be missed in the chaos of a confused or prideful heart (ARGUING and CONTROVERSY)

But when LOVE is at the forefront of a comment or thought...it is so clean and clear. You can't mistake it for anything else. Thank God for this forum and for all these wonderful people who love God and stand FIRM against the deceit of darkness.

Just wanted to add that.
Chuck
l

orion77

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 09:28:42 PM »

Scott and Chuck, thank you for those kind words.  Truth is, its not me, because I can see the change Christ has made in this life.

Night and day, even in Genesis the night came first, amazing ain't it?

(Eph 5:2)  and walk in love, even as Christ also loved us and gave Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for an odor of a sweet smell.

(Eph 5:8)  for you then were darkness, but are now light in the Lord; walk as children of light.

Here are some cool words from our God in Isiah, do we have the eyes to see?

(Isa 58:5)  Is this like the fast I will choose, a day for a man to afflict his soul? To bow his head down like a bulrush, and he spreads sackcloth and ashes? Will you call to this as a fast and a day of delight to Jehovah?

(Isa 58:6)  Is this not the fast I have chosen: to open bands of wickedness, to undo thongs of the yoke, and to send out the oppressed ones free; even that you pull off every yoke?

(Isa 58:7)  Is it not to break your bread to the hungry, that you should bring the wandering poor home? When will you see the naked and cover him, and you will not hide yourself from your flesh?

(Isa 58:8)  Then your light shall break as the dawn, and your healing shall spring up quickly; and your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of Jehovah shall gather you.

(Isa 58:9)  Then you shall call, and Jehovah will answer; you shall cry, and He shall say, Here I am. If you put the yoke away from among you, the sending out of the finger, and the speaking of iniquity;

(Isa 58:10)  and if you let out your soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then your light shall rise in the darkness, and your gloom shall be as the noonday.

(Isa 58:11)  And Jehovah shall always guide you, and satisfy your soul in dry places, and make strong your bones. And you shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail.

(Isa 58:12)  And those who come of you shall build the old ruins; you shall rear the foundations of many generations; and you shall be called, The repairer of the breach, the restorer of paths to live in.

(Isa 58:13)  If you turn your foot away because of the sabbath, from doing what you please on My holy days, and call the sabbath a delight, to the holiness of Jehovah, glorified; and shall glorify Him, to the holiness of not doing your own ways, from finding your own pleasure or speaking your word;

(Isa 58:14)  then you shall delight yourself in Jehovah. And I will cause you to ride on the heights of the earth, and make you eat with the inheritance of your father Jacob. For the mouth of Jehovah has spoken.

Here is a couple more after Jesus was resurrected that seem interesting:

(Joh 21:4)  And it now becoming early morning, Jesus stood on the shore. However, the disciples did not know that it was Jesus.

(Joh 21:5)  Then Jesus said to them, Children, do you not have anything to eat? They answered Him, No.

(Joh 21:6)  And He said to them, Cast the net into the right side of the boat and you will find.

Jesus standing on the shore in early morning (dawn), the Light, Him, gave them light to catch many fish.  Not exactly sure about these verses, but they must tie in somewhere.  Just a thought.

My prayer is that we all stay in the Light, and progress onward, and not to let ourselves be hindered with the ways of this world.

God bless,

Gary

ned

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 02:39:34 AM »

I think many don't take the time to search for truth :
(Isa 26:9)  With my soul I desire You in the night; yea, with my spirit within me I diligently seek You. For when Your judgments are in the earth, those living in the world learn righteousness.

Excellent verse Isa26:9! Thank you.

My prayer is that we all stay in the Light, and progress onward, and not to let ourselves be hindered with the ways of this world.
God bless,Gary

Amen Gary. I just prayed that with you too.

Love,
Marie

gmik

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 05:16:43 PM »

Scott,

I give your reply a resounding AMEN! I will add a second witness to that!

Love is the answer to all the questions we have...it is a quiet whisper that can all too easily be missed in the chaos of a confused or prideful heart (ARGUING and CONTROVERSY)

But when LOVE is at the forefront of a comment or thought...it is so clean and clear. You can't mistake it for anything else. Thank God for this forum and for all these wonderful people who love God and stand FIRM against the deceit of darkness.

Just wanted to add that.
Chuck
l

I will give a third witness!! 

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 12:01:53 PM »

Hi Gary,

Great post.  When I first came to the BT forum I loved reading the controversial posts, the arguments etc. etc.  I was not too interested in your posts because they contained none of this.  Now I find as I mature I hate the posts I used to love and I love the edifying, fruitful posts.  So many here always have positive, loving posts that always pick me up, but the three that stand out the most for me are you, Bobby and Joe.  I just wanted to let you know this.  Somedays I don't know what I would do without you guys.  I thank the Lord for bringing me here.

God be with you brother
with love
Scott

Scott,

Thank you very much for the kind words, I must agree with Gary and Bobby that anything good that comes from me is from Him in me, I only pray that I die more to this carnal nature daily.

I also used to enjoy the debates when I first came on board, so often they were carnal displays of one upmanship. Sometimes confrontation and/or clarification of a point or statement is necessary and unavoidable but we must never let it degrade into rudeness or spitefullness, we must always keep in mind the reason and purpose for being here, it certainly is not to win the debating trophy.

Scott, I have been been blessed by many of your posts (as well as from many other members here) and I thank the Lord you are a member and a Brother in this Forum but even more importantly a member of His Body.

His Peace to you,

Joe

prarrydog

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 10:54:00 PM »

Thanks Joe,

I appreciate the words of encouragement.  I think we all need to hear a kind word now and then.  It is these kind of posts (this whole thread) that make this forum kind of a safe haven from our worldly troubles. 

Joh 13:34  A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Joh 13:35  By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Amen.

With love
Scott

Falconn003

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 03:35:00 AM »

Gary

A wonderful thread, filled by the Spirit you are and fruitful. 

A good study you have done and bless for you sharing it.

B R A V O  ! !

Rodger

orion77

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 12:54:52 AM »

Thank you Rodger,

There are so many, many different versions, doctrines, interpretations, thoughts, idealogies, and belilefs that can be studied these days, with the advent of computers, it can boggle the mind.

I am all for learning and growing, it's better than being stagnant in a thought not to hear another, yet it all must come back to what Christ did for us.  This is our Rock, our foundation, and something we must not forget, seeing we were before not obeying our Lord. 

When I eat steak, it always goes down better with a tall glass of milk.  As with anything in this life, a good and balanced diet of food for the body and mind reaps better rewards down the road.

God bless,

Gary

mongoose

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 01:13:15 PM »

When I eat steak, it always goes down better with a tall glass of milk.

That is an awesome and profound analogy!    8)

mongoose
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.