bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In Him we live and move and exist.  (Read 4914 times)

ned

In Him we live and move and exist.
« on: September 03, 2006, 10:53:03 AM »

Last night as I was reading my  bible, the verse Phil 2:13 reinforced to me that everytime I do something that is in God's will it is because God put that desire in me to do it. I was moved to look up other scripture where we live in and because of Him. Just wanted to share this with you all.

Philippians 2:13  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.

Hebrews 13:21  Make you perfect in every good work to do His will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

1Coninthians 8:6  But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by Him.

1John 5:20  And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know Him that is true, and we are in Him that is true, even in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Acts 17:28  For in Him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

I live in love, because God is love!
What a blessing!

Marie

gmik

Re: In Him we live and move and exist.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 01:06:47 PM »

Love those scriptures.  Thanks.

orion77

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 01:55:47 PM »

I'll say it too, thanks for those verses!!   ;D ;D ;D

God bless,

Gary

shoani

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 07:27:27 AM »

often I hate myself, doin something and after that regret it,and ask where was God? i admit that he moves us to do things like praying but what abt wrong things? what does he do if we do wrong? i really am battling when it comes to doing the right things all the times and just yesterday i was praying that "God please grant me the sense of ALWAYS doing the right things" am so tired of doing things and then regret it after doing it. e.g. i went to hospital to visit my brother, he is a smoker and i sometimes refuse to give him money for cigeretes but yesterday i gave him and am thinking now that am actually helping in killing him or delaying his healing(he's burnt the whole body) i feel so guilty and was hoping God will tighten my heart to refuse him money.

angie

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 10:31:51 AM »

Hello Shoani,

You know, you probably would've felt guilty if you HADN'T given him the money. I also find it difficult to refuse someone something that they ask of me, especially if they look you in the eye and plead their case.[And I'm not a pushover by any means] He had a need of money, out of love, you gave him it, he chose what to spend it on.

We really need to try and get away from the idea that we can take the blame for what other people do to themselves. I did that on a huge scale once and it was nearly the end of me.

Whatever happens in your brother's life is meant to be. Just as what happens in yours is. Try and take comfort from that. The fact that you are 'judging' yourself is also a sure sign that you are growing in Christ. We all go through this. As you grow spiritually, you will feel this less and less because you WILL do what God expects of you and it will become clearer as you go, exactly what that is. The 'not yet knowing' is a growth phase, accept it for what it is and look forward, focusing on the Lord, to the next growth phase.

We are all here with you too. Everyone of us has 'times' like this, especially in the beginning. Call on our support whenever you feel the need. That's what God got us together for, to grow together spiritually, in His name.

You are in my prayers.

Angie

Kat

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 11:20:56 AM »

Hi shoani,

This period of failing and feeling guilty, is not something which is overcome overnight.
That is not the way the process of grace works.
As we grow to see the truth of God's Word, we are finally brought to see our own disobedience,
and the need for chastening, from the Father, which is actually a good thing.

It is all of Christ, doing the bidding of the Father.

Eph 1:11  "In Christ we were also chosen when we were predestined according to the purpose of the one who does everything according to the intention of his will."

It is not just your faith that pleases God,
so much as it is the trying of that faith, through trials.

1Pe 1:7  Your faith will be like gold that has been tested in a fire. And these trials will prove that your faith is worth much more than gold that can be destroyed. They will show that you will be given praise and honor and glory when Jesus Christ returns.

It is through the experiences we have, that God is teaching us right from wrong. 

Joh 16:33  I have spoken these things to you that you may have peace in Me. You have distress in the world; but be encouraged, I have overcome the world.

mercy, peace,and love
Kat

ned

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 11:48:44 AM »

often I hate myself, doin something and after that regret it,and ask where was God? i admit that he moves us to do things like praying but what abt wrong things? what does he do if we do wrong? i really am battling when it comes to doing the right things all the times...

Hi Shoani,

Rom 7:18  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh)  dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not : but the evil which I would not, that I do.

You are not alone Shoani. We are created as.. (I like Ray's term) "sinning machines". The fact that you admit you are sinning is part of your spiritual growth. (Many sin and don't even realize it). All is of God, and so there is a purpose in us sinning against our will. How will we appreciate God's love and perfection if we don't experience the opposite, sin?

Are you feeling chastened and scourged?  "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons,; for what son is he whom the father chastenth not?" Heb12:6-7

The advice from Jesus is awesome: "Watch and pray that ye enter not into temptation, the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." (Matt26:41).

God is working in you, and He is faithful to the end!  Be of good cheer, we are in Jesus (and He is us), and He has overcome the world!

God will never leave or forsake us. We are extremely blessed to know God!
Love in Him,
Marie

chuckusa

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 01:18:41 PM »

Shoani,

Kat is right. This period of trying, and failing over and over is necessary. It doesn't make sense to us at the time, but when I look back at things in my life that were overcome through the grace of God, I realize that sometimes my "failures", as seen through my eyes, were often victories for someone else...I just couldn't see the big picture. We never know how he will use us, but we can be assured that he will.

Perhaps your brothers guilt concerning that matter is greater than yours, who knows. In time, it will be revealed and will work itself out according to Gods will.

Love,
Chuck
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 20 queries.