bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fellowship is a blessing  (Read 5407 times)

orion77

Fellowship is a blessing
« on: March 24, 2006, 10:26:18 PM »

I was wanting to make a different post, but the Spirit will not let this get out of my mind right now.  Just want to drop a line and say it has been a great blessing to me to have this kind of fellowship with like minded believers, albeit over the internet.  

The belief that God REALLY is love, in this world has been a rather lonely walk for me, not sure if you all can concur.  To be able to communicate with others with the same belief is a great blessing and a builder to the faith God has given me.  To think of where I was and to where I am now, is in itself a miracle.  Although there is still a lot of work yet to be done, God can do it.  

It has been very interesting to see other peoples walk and how God has brought us to the same place.  Be ye separate...definetly has a lot of truth and meaning behind those words.  It is a life of endurance, but with the spirit of Christ in me, I shall endure.

When I was young in the Spirit, I could not understand why all the sufferings and the hatred over the truth that God is LOVE.  But through much suffering for His name sake and coming to this website, and the extensive knowledge taught here, it is a good thing to suffer, be persecuted, and hated for His name sake.  

I am interested to know if any of you all have suffered for Jesus and for the simplicity of the truth.  I find that it has only brought me closer to the love of God and not further.  

I am not one for eloquence of words and oftentimes get misunderstood for this, but honestly the fellowship here has increased knowledge, blessings and the love of God.  For that I am ever grateful.

God bless you all,

Gary

Joey Porter

Fellowship is a blessing
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 10:56:06 PM »

Well, Jesus was definitely right when He said that we'd be hated and persecuted by the world.  It's kind of a catch 22.  The church world doesn't want to hear any of this "heresy" that Jesus will save all mankind.  Nor does the heathen world want to hear about repentance from acts that lead to death and future judgment.  So, the road is narrow indeed.

I remember when I first became convinced of the salvation of all.  It was so clear and obvious to me, and I just thought "Wow.  Wait til I share this with people.  They're gonna be so happy!"  

Boy was I wrong.  People just don't want to hear it, won't accept it.  Of course, it's all a part of God's plan that they do not accept it at this time.

orion77

Fellowship is a blessing
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 11:20:36 PM »

I hear ya, Joey.  It is a strange thing indeed.  It took the reckonizing of the beast within, before I could see clearly.  God does work in mysterious ways.  Just glad to be with Him now, instead against Him.  Yet, to see that He loved me while a sinner speaks volumes.

God bless you, brother

Gary

rvhill

Fellowship is a blessing
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 01:12:47 AM »

I cant say that,
suffered for Jesus and for the simplicity of the truth. I find that it has only brought me closer to the love of God and not further.

But I have always suffered in this life, Jesus is my light and comforter. If I suffer for his name sake I do not really notice, as of yet. For all my suffering I would not trade my life for anything. I have done more, seen more, enjoyed more, learned more, and understand more, then most people will ever have in their normal little lives.

ertsky

Fellowship is a blessing
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 03:20:38 AM »

I am interested to know if any of you all have suffered for Jesus and for the simplicity of the truth. I find that it has only brought me closer to the love of God and not further.

just lately i've been thinking a lot like

WOW! GOD! You have a much higher estimate of how much i can endure than i do LOL!

but i've been in this place before a few times and the testing of faith is precious

1Pe 1:7  That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

1Pe 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1Pe 5:9  Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
1Pe 5:10  But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

f

orion77

Fellowship is a blessing
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 09:49:04 AM »

Great scriptures quoted, ertsky.  Thanks for the post.  So true, so true.

rvhill, I have a stepson who was born deaf and at the age of 9 developed kidney disease and became a kidney transplant recipient.  He is now 29 years old and his whole life has been in and out of the hospital and has suffered more than I could ever know.  Yet, through all of this he is the most positive young man I have ever known, with a great sense of humor.  Never once have I ever heard him complain about his circumstances.  Tougher than nails, but always bringing the best out in people and making us laugh.  I know that God has blessed him in ways that are past my understanding.  Suffering in whatever manner definetly serves a higher purpose for our God, into bringing many to the light.

Thanks for your posts, God bless you all,

Gary

ertsky

Fellowship is a blessing
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006, 01:30:55 PM »

yeah that's interesting orion

i have a freind that has a health nightmare, He suffers alot physically, and as you were saying about your stepson,  i was reminded, this guy is such a well adjusted dude

always ready to have fun and appreciate the smallest blessing

never, well hardly ever even complains about His lot

He has been used a few times by God to really encourage me

it's amazing

f

i saw a movie today about a guy that spent most of His life in prison but accomplished so much there always so much to learn
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 16 queries.