bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tithing Question  (Read 5750 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Tithing Question
« on: September 06, 2006, 09:40:47 AM »

Ray

I just re-read your paper on the trinity. I agree with it. I do have a question. I copied and pasted the below from your paper.....

(Five, since Christ is the Son, He cannot also be the Father or be coequal with His Father. Christ plainly said:)

You say, He cannot also be the Father. In Isa. Jesus is called everlasting Father. Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

How can you say Jesus cannot be the Father?

Rick

Dear Rick:
The Hebrew does not exactly read as most Versions translate it. Here is the Hebrew of this verse from an Interlinear:

"the-chieftainship-of   on   sholder-blade-of-him   and-he-shall-be-called   name-of-him   Marvelous   one counseling   to   master   father-of-future   chief-of   welfare"

And so, rather than "being" the "father of the future" or "father of futurity," Jesus was to be the one here on earth counseling in behalf "of" the: Master; Father of futurity; and Chief of welfare (James 1:17).

I would not base my salvation on the proper translation of this verse. Here is how the Concordant Old Testament renders it:

" For a Boy is born to us; a Son is given to us, and the chieftainship shall come to be on His shoulder, and His name is called 'Marvelous.Counsel to the master shall He bring, to the chief of the future, welfare.'"
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.